Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: guild quests - lost for words

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Posted this in another thread but thought would duplicate here (it covers both GQ and lvl75):

I have to say I really hate the new GQ. Broken for all but the really hardcore players.

Others will disagree - the system is now completely broken for anyone who plays casually (i.e. for less than 10 hours a day with the changes). I do about half of mine at lvl54. No way am I paying granite, mahogany or cannon to complete a quest. In fact, our guild has agreed not to. It takes thousands of G to build anything now, so to give away 100G for the privilege of a few guild coins..... really?

This also means that the lower level guild members don't get anywhere near as many coins as they should do. So they are being penalised.

Of course, this has knock on impacts - I have all that I need from the current list of items available to buy with guild coins. I will not be able to afford anything at the next change. Again, penalising the enjoyment of the casual player because the thoughts are only with uber players.

I'm all for change and challenge, but I have no chance. I would go as far as saying that the game is gradually being ruined for the more casual player.

I have already calculated that I will likely be dead before I get to lvl60, assuming I get to age 75. Part of me is asking why bother. I'm sure many others are thinking the same. So in all likelihood, the changes that have been made are having the opposite of the desired effect.

I'm sure some really enjoy them. I'm sure some have stayed because of them. There will be many many more that either stop paying (I haven't spent any real cash since the changes as the changes have made the game far less enjoyable for me) and plenty that stop playing as a result.

Yes, you can play the game at your own speed which is what sets Settlers apart from other online games. But apathy sets in when there is no longer a point to spending a few hours a day on a game when you need to spend three or four times that to achieve what you used to achieve before the changes.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Some of these production quests are not as hard as you guys are making out. For example produce exotic wood planks, so what if you need 10 hours to do it and your only spending 6 hours on-line. Does this mean the quest is impossible to complete, no it does not. In my guild we have already developed a way to get it done. First person to log in who sees we have one of those quests drops a sandwich on all members who will also have the same quest. They log in and find that they have a head start or already have that quest completed because the single buff started their production counting. A simple process of the guild at work to complete the guild quest.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Some of these production quests are not as hard as you guys are making out. For example produce exotic wood planks, so what if you need 10 hours to do it and your only spending 6 hours on-line. Does this mean the quest is impossible to complete, no it does not. In my guild we have already developed a way to get it done. First person to log in who sees we have one of those quests drops a sandwich on all members who will also have the same quest. They log in and find that they have a head start or already have that quest completed because the single buff started their production counting. A simple process of the guild at work to complete the guild quest.
    Problem is those spending at most 6 hours on-line are more likely having their Exotic wood Sawmills on paus.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Problem is those spending at most 6 hours on-line are more likely having their Exotic wood Sawmills on paus.
    Recent enquires make it appear that Sandycove is the motherload for log drops from adventures
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Recent enquires make it appear that Sandycove is the motherload for log drops from adventures
    Yes, but those spending at most 6 hours on-line are more likely not playing enough adventures to consider ewl to be a common resource.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Yes, but those spending at most 6 hours on-line are more likely not playing enough adventures to consider ewl to be a common resource.
    Players may be helping out their guilds in other ways but how long does it take to load up one recruit, how long does it take to click on a camp to attack it. I'm not ready to believe that somebody can't spare the less than 60 seconds that takes.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaargson View Post

I have already calculated that I will likely be dead before I get to lvl60, assuming I get to age 75. Part of me is asking why bother. I'm sure many others are thinking the same. So in all likelihood, the changes that have been made are having the opposite of the desired effect.
    Even the hardcore players look at the xp bar and ponder is this journey worth it, I'm level 61 still not 5% of the way to 75. It worries me greatly that players like yourself will start to feel what's the point. Friends that are more casual than myself are starting to realise a lot of their time, effort and resources are being taken up by the new GQ.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Players may be helping out their guilds in other ways but how long does it take to load up one recruit, how long does it take to click on a camp to attack it. I'm not ready to believe that somebody can't spare the less than 60 seconds that takes.
    I'm not saying those casual players consider things right. Just that they exist and do play casually - ie not seriously - so sometimes a bit hard to help as they often don't want any and/or are willing/prepared to do such small efforts as to load up one recruit and click on a camp to attack it.
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 01.02.16 at 02:37.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    23/1 Make a codex. 1/2 Make a codex. So in 8 days players have to make 10 manuscripts in order to make 2 tomes (Minimum) in order to be ready to make another codex?

Amusing really; intrigued as to how BB expect most in guilds to achieve that, maybe they would have the decency to tell us?

And I am asking that as leader of a guild which is doing very well out of the new system.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    23/1 Make a codex. 1/2 Make a codex. So in 8 days players have to make 10 manuscripts in order to make 2 tomes (Minimum) in order to be ready to make another codex?

Amusing really; intrigued as to how BB expect most in guilds to achieve that, maybe they would have the decency to tell us?

And I am asking that as leader of a guild which is doing very well out of the new system.
    I have an idea why we never get any feedback, - I dont think they can speak any English.

There are many quests like this. Have had a few production quest that I an only do if I log in at 6- 7 am in the morning. IT is not right to say that we have 24 hous to do the quests. Really many only have 6- 8 hous.

They could change it to 36 hours, that way all have same chance no matte what timezone they live in. Polem is that it will alter and not be same time every day.

They could make it a 48 hour cycle instead

Or even better - Remove the timer and let us all do it in our own time. Give a new quest every 24 hou, so the fast ones can have one each day. Give guild leaders the right to finish when they feel enough have completed. But let those who did it get the bonus, like now. That would give us the best from old and new system.
    Yes please - pretty please )

New system sucks - I would orefer not getting any Guild quest from this

Reply to Thread