Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: guild quests - lost for words

World
    Newfoundland
    you cant really complain about pay quests as long as there are produce quests.. in the situation you describe first you actually can do the second you cant.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    you cant really complain about pay quests as long as there are produce quests.. in the situation you describe first you actually can do the second you cant.
    Presuming you are referring to my comments, I think that there are problems with both produce and pay quests, in some instances. I think the 'pay quests' for resources that are not producable (platinum, etc) at these levels, as well as for resources rarely produced for any other purpose (cannons, or as mentioned earlier, crossbows) are also rarely feasible for some players at these levels. To make them reasonable the resources would have to be available for trade (which isn't always the case).

In addition, the 'produce' quests, in many instances, require high(er) level buildings, and a long time (or very specifically planned) time of participation. This has been detailed often, specifically with relation to those that require the Bookbinder. I would suggest some resources along these lines, especially in the quantities required, fall into that category. This is compounded by having the produce quest triggered with first login, even if the workshops are running otherwise. This means multiple time logins, even if the resource is something that can be produced reasonably. A change in that procedure, to either 'acquire', 'pay', 'have' or another type of quest, or allowing the computer to count from the time the quest appears rather than one logs in during the day (so if I log in 2 hours before reset, but my farms have been producing wheat all day, it would note that).

The comments are not meant as simply complaints, but ways to improve the game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by FolquetTheGreat View Post
    Doesn't the time factor change the calculation in this regard? 80% completion in unlimited time is not the same as 80% completion daily, except in very active (I dare say larger) guilds. This standard dictates a style of play, one which I personally don't ascribe to and I don't think the game itself forces.
    80% needed to complete a guild quests under the old system is not the same as completing 80% of the guild quests under the old system. My point being that yes there are going to be guild quests that you can't now do for time or production reasons but you should not be beating yourself up because of it.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    80% needed to complete a guild quests under the old system is not the same as completing 80% of the guild quests under the old system. My point being that yes there are going to be guild quests that you can't now do for time or production reasons but you should not be beating yourself up because of it.
    Well, that is a refreshing nice take on how this is being run. I hope all of the guilds are that considerate in terms of completion rates and urging members to complete the quests.

I do think this new system is pushing people towards larger guilds, which offer higher rewards in this guild quest system. Previously, getting 80% of the guild to complete any one guild quest (in any amount of time) yeilded a common reward. This new system allows people to earn a guild quest reward more frequently (advantage to active and very active members), but doesn't specifically reward a common completion rate (it goes up only incrementally) so to gain similar rewards to before, one needs a larger number of members completing, not just a specific percentage. 8 members completing (80% of the minimum qualifying guild membership under the old system) doesn't not seem to offer the 77 guild coins from before (though do correct me if that is inaccurate). I believe it is closer to 40-50 guild coins. This pushes people to larger guilds for the greater rewards, and many of the larger guilds have more demands on completion rates (or other activity requirements) than the smaller guilds - on average.

I may be wrong on all of this, but that is how it seems to me at this stage. Happy for discussion.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by HFoC View Post
    you guyz know you can just buy a lootspot to complete VLT right?
    This is of course true, but is still somewhat dependent on elements you may not be able to control.

You may already be on an invite, possibly to a long adventure.
    You might already have logged in with a short amount of time remaining and you can't find anyone running one (or close enough to finish).
    You may not have price that they are asking.

So while that is a great option to starting one yourself, it's not a guarantee. Something like BK I would agree with the LS option completely because of how often it's offered and the reasonable price. VLT might still be out of range given the circumstances.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well this week so far I have had 3 quest I did not do. I was able to, but the price was too high compared to what I get. Today I have to pay 30 mahogany wood. I do have it, but I dont want to pay 30 mahogany wood to get 50 guild coins. I might be able to get 30 mahogany wood in marked for 50 GC- but that does not matter. I have a limited amount of mahogany wood. I can get it from doing ali baba yes, but my Elite Barracks is upgrading and it takes 10 days for that to be done.

I also have had 50 cannons and 50 crossbows, and that is simply too expensive to pay for 50 guild coins.

Yes I might get more in a bigger guild. But I dont want to be in a bigger guild. I dont play to get a lot of GC. I am not in a guild just to get a lot of GC. I am in a guild so that we can chat and help each other with the game.

The new system is breaking down that part of the Guild function,- tempting players to be members of big guilds. Forcing relaxed players to be out of guilds. there for it should be changed, It should support the social aspects, not breaking it down.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Well this week so far I have had 3 quest I did not do. I was able to, but the price was too high compared to what I get. Today I have to pay 30 mahogany wood. I do have it, but I dont want to pay 30 mahogany wood to get 50 guild coins. I might be able to get 30 mahogany wood in marked for 50 GC- but that does not matter. I have a limited amount of mahogany wood. I can get it from doing ali baba yes, but my Elite Barracks is upgrading and it takes 10 days for that to be done.

I also have had 50 cannons and 50 crossbows, and that is simply too expensive to pay for 50 guild coins.

Yes I might get more in a bigger guild. But I dont want to be in a bigger guild. I dont play to get a lot of GC. I am not in a guild just to get a lot of GC. I am in a guild so that we can chat and help each other with the game.

The new system is breaking down that part of the Guild function,- tempting players to be members of big guilds. Forcing relaxed players to be out of guilds. there for it should be changed, It should support the social aspects, not breaking it down.
    I won't go into the in's and out's of which quest is worth what but I agree with some of the sentiment, too many of the quests inflict either a play style or a vast routine change on players, some causing a certain amount of guilt on players because they are either unable or incapable of completing them.

Ours today is complete vtv for higher level players, now seriously that's forcing an adventure that by and large none of the community does down our throats, I ordinarily wouldn't of even thought of doing it at it's required level let alone in the 51-64 bracket, the rewards are poor, the losses are comparatively high, it's time consuming for the xp given. This sort of quest could dominate a players whole session of play which over time will cause resentment. Most players come on to do something they enjoy not have something they do not forced upon them.

The production quests that are forcing players to log on at obscure times of the day to get them started are a bit out of order also, some of them even with a building at level 5 are ridiculously long forcing players to log in many hours apart to get them done.

I hope BB revisit the quests and perhaps substitute some with better adventures to be done, lessen the production amounts on others and generally balance them a bit better, but I fear this is the finished product.

I also wish the guild quests could actually boost the community aspect of guilds because tbh most of them are just annoying solo quests the do nothing to enhance your guild life.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    30 mahogany wood to get 50 guild coins
    I understand that you want to be oblivious to prices and stubbornly refuse to use TO but why would your guildmates have to suffer for it?

Ill be happy to help your guild get more guild coins even if you do not. If you get that quest send me a trade offering your guild coin reward for 30 mahongany wood.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 12.02.16 at 20:20.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I understand that you want to be oblivious to prices and stubbornly refuse to use TO but why would your guildmates have to suffer for it?

Ill be happy to help your guild get more guild coins even if you do not. If you get that quest send me a trade offering your guild coin reward for 30 mahongany wood.
    I said it before - I say it again. This is a game. I do it to relax and have fun. The new system is not making it fun, it is making it into one more thing that gives stress. If the quest does not pay or is even something I find worse than going to the dentist, then I dont do it. Pressure does not make people enjoy the game more.

If my guild see it as a problem that I chose not to complete then I would leave. I am considering that, and would as I also said before prefer to stay in guild and not have any quest.

I cant see why the game makes are so stupid that they want us to do something that is clearly not worth the effort. Yes I could get the mahogany in TO, - but it would be cheaper to get the guild coins and just donate them to the guild.

Reply to Thread