Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: guild quests - lost for words

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    plz bb fix this immediately...

I don't believe any1 over lvl50 can complete "The Wizards". I need to trade 25 book fittings... does any own 25 book fittings? and produce a tome.
    Firstly manuscripts aren't tradable so I just cant do it. I guess in future I can keep 5 in stock, but that takes 5 days to make so every timethis quest pops up that's 5 days my bookmaker will be tied up. But wait, no he wont, because there's no point making them. at lvl4 my bookmaker takes 18 hours to produce a tome so I cant get the quest done in time anyway.
    so basically bb u have created quests that aren't possible to complete and everyone complained about the 1st days quest being far too expensive as well.

from what I;ve seen so far I don't care what u put in guild shop its just not worth the effort anymore, well done!!!
    I'm loving these new Guild Quests and has been pointed out many people do have more than 25 Book Fittings in stock. Also to produce a Tome via a Level 6 Bookbinder is 12 hours or less if buffed so whilst not ideal is achievable but only if you log on say before noon and later before reset. This doesn't help everyone all the time but isn't that the idea?

Basically what BB seem to be saying is if you want to be able to do all the various Guild Quests you need to fully invest in your island and check what you need in the early part of the day, as such they are encouraging upgrades and in effect to take some resources away from trade.

Yesterday our Guild members that completed the quest received 168 guild coins. Today we are on 91 guild coins already and yet we had the same quest you did. DO I expect to always do every quest? No. Will I always be able to do a Guild Quest/ I doubt it but that doesn't detract from my ability to enjoy the game still.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    BB Madness as usual.
    Add a GQ system that is on a daily timer and at the same time add new GQ's that take most players a whole day to complete and can only do them if they are able to log in early in the day.
    For this the reward is a few coins that can only be used on a limited number of items chosen (in reality) by BB not the players.

For those who love it, well bully for you and middle finger up to all the others eh!

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    If it was easy then I would love 168 guild coins a day. I could turn that into an easy 35k gold coins a week with no effort and no bad trading. Based purely on what is available in the guild shop and through Artefact Searches. It wont be so I don't expect to get rewards every day but I never expected that in the old system either. So those of you that think middle fingers are a mature approach to game play I would suggest you stop throwing toys out of prams and maybe review if the intent has been achieved in a week or two. This type of change cant be assessed based upon 1 or 2 days of change.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    If it was easy then I would love 168 guild coins a day. I could turn that into an easy 35k gold coins a week with no effort and no bad trading. Based purely on what is available in the guild shop and through Artefact Searches. It wont be so I don't expect to get rewards every day but I never expected that in the old system either. So those of you that think middle fingers are a mature approach to game play I would suggest you stop throwing toys out of prams and maybe review if the intent has been achieved in a week or two. This type of change cant be assessed based upon 1 or 2 days of change.
    How many days does it take to assess a Guild Quest that takes most players all day (if they have the required items in stock) is NOT suited to a DAILY GQ system?
    Nobody is asking for GQ's to be easy but is fair and reasonable too much to ask?

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Fair and reasonable is great but don't expect to do every single one every day......... That would be to much to ask given most guilds couldn't achieve the quest every day previously.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Fair and reasonable is great but don't expect to do every single one every day......... That would be to much to ask given most guilds couldn't achieve the quest every day previously.
    On that basis why have a GQ at all if it's OK to offer unfair and unreasonable GQ's that are impossible for many players to complete.
    The daily system is much better than the old one but the new GQ's added don't fit the new model.
    Most guilds wont reach max every day with this new setup in fact many guild will never reach max unless they remove inactive players from their members list regardless of the reason for their inactivity.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would suggest its about BB trying to make them stretching rather than unfair and unreasonable.
    I am not aware of any that are impossible to all players, just impossible to some players who havent fully developed their island or only play for a couple of hours.

And BB recognise guilds wont reach max often which is why they have provided the rewards on a sliding scale.

And as I tried to demonstrate in my earlier post, you dont need a guild to kick players to get good rewards. The guild I am a part of has the same quest you do for high level players and in fact has already accumulated 43/99 complete and a reward of 115 guild coins. That doesnt sound impossible and is a nice boost for the lower levels that had an easier quest to perform.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I get the overall impression you don't see a problem fishslice because for you nothing much has changed, your in a large guild and you pretty much get similar though slightly more expensive quests, for which you are generally getting more ggc by the sounds of it. Whereas those in smaller more casual guilds have been lumbered with what were previously only 50-100 man quests. They are not seeing an increase in ggc infact the 18 man guild I'm in on northisle has seen a a small reduction since the changes. Yesterday we managed 12/18 and got 73ggc the 6 players who didn't do are all inactive atm with various life commitments and will at some point be back.

At some point unless the guild is together for social reasons many small guild players will come to realise they might as well move to the bigger guilds because they are going to be doing exactly the same quests for probably twice as many ggc. There probably should of been some distinction set between guild sizes as there was before, possibly not as many tiers.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletz View Post
    On that basis why have a GQ at all if it's OK to offer unfair and unreasonable GQ's that are impossible for many players to complete.
    The daily system is much better than the old one but the new GQ's added don't fit the new model.
    Most guilds wont reach max every day with this new setup in fact many guild will never reach max unless they remove inactive players from their members list regardless of the reason for their inactivity.
    You are right, the new quest does not fit the new model. I really dont like to hear that some guilds get above 100 gc a day. This will kill many small guilds, - no matter how active. I cant see why it is a quality to be big.

For me I really dont care about the guild coins. I just like doing quests. I am in a relaxed guild that likes to chat and do adventures together. I would gladly just chose not to get any GQ and coins if I could just get rid of the timer that tells me how much time there is left. That kills the joy of playing for me, and make me wonder if it is time to start searching for a new game. If I leave the guild to escape the timer, I will lose the connection to my guild members and the guild chat, and that will kill the game for me in a month or 2. It does not matter if I can make the quest or not, or that I can just chose not to do the quest, the fact that the timer is there at all is my problem. I play to relax.

The new system could work fine if the guild leaders could just finish when they think enough have done the quest,- or maybe chose if they want a timer or not.

The inactive players could be spared to be kicked if it still was possible to set status inactive, and then not get any quests and not get any guild coins. Then stressed people like myself could chose to just not be part of that aspect of the game.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    had to send this letter to my guild this morning:

Guild quest this morning for me is : produce at last 1000 intermediate paper and pay 200 printing press letters from your storage

I Can't do the GQ in time 16 hour and 11 minutes

To make 1K paper will cost me 1000 : 4 (level 2 papermill) = 250 x 13 minutes = 3250 minutes : 60 minutes = 54 Hour and 16 min

I have 243000 intermediate paper in my store, so I don’t need another building which I should upgrade to level 3 and also the one that’s already there at level 2 upgrade to level 3 that would cost me 2000 granite for something I don’t need, I even don't count the other resources to get 2 buildings at level 3

So I’m sorry Guild but this GQ is not gone be done by me, I think it’s ridiculous to ask, have to say this is the first time ever in almost 4 years playing I don’t do a guild quest.

Irobijn

Reply to Thread