Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: guild quests - lost for words

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Irobijn View Post
    To make 1K paper will cost me 1000 : 4 (level 2 papermill) = 250 x 13 minutes = 3250 minutes : 60 minutes = 54 Hour and 16 min
    54 Hour and 16 min : 4xbuff = 13h 34m?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    still not enuff time if u;ve been at work and can't log on at 2am

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    seems like many ppl r seeing the glass half full and many r seeing it half empty but there does seem to be a general theme that the new gq system looks really good but need some more work. slightly easier quests maybe and stopping big guilds earning a lot more ggc than smaller guilds for the same quests, I can see hoarders doing well with that somehow

I hope bb see this and at least think about the comments

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by HFoC View Post
    54 Hour and 16 min : 4xbuff = 13h 34m?
    mine is already buffed with steaks by a friend early in the morning, would have to use stop buff and place new buff on it but still it is a strange quest, what happens to my guild friends that come home in the afternoon and have only a few hours left to do it? On NL server now also a quest that I just can make in time but have to stay up till late in evening to complete. Its like the title say: lost for words

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    so select the ones really hard/impossible and feedback specifically on those- blanket feedbacks of this is horrible etc wont go anywhere

A lot of the quests will need some awareness and preparation- have buffs ready (like glue for the tome quest) and try an early login to kickstart the requirements

also- realize that for most of the player population , completing a guildquest was not a daily thing, 2 or 3 a week would in many guilds be a good score. Reflect your rewards in coins (even when skipping a few due to being too hard/not fitting your schedule/not having the right items prepared/handy) to the amount you got previously and most will find they will be at worst on a more or less even setting and a fair few end up better off

the ones a bit out of the ballpark will need to be found and feedback given to BB and see if they can be adjusted from impossible for 90% to just hard to do

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    so....log on tonight and have to make 100 carriages...at just over 12/hour......in 6 hrs. really?

(and no, i'm not going to upgrade my carraige maker, i can find far better uses for 3.5k granite......)

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I get the overall impression you don't see a problem fishslice because for you nothing much has changed, your in a large guild and you pretty much get similar though slightly more expensive quests, for which you are generally getting more ggc by the sounds of it. Whereas those in smaller more casual guilds have been lumbered with what were previously only 50-100 man quests. They are not seeing an increase in ggc infact the 18 man guild I'm in on northisle has seen a a small reduction since the changes. Yesterday we managed 12/18 and got 73ggc the 6 players who didn't do are all inactive atm with various life commitments and will at some point be back.

At some point unless the guild is together for social reasons many small guild players will come to realise they might as well move to the bigger guilds because they are going to be doing exactly the same quests for probably twice as many ggc. There probably should of been some distinction set between guild sizes as there was before, possibly not as many tiers.
    I strongly agree with you Bluesavanah and also worry about smaller guilds losing active members because they see something bigger, brighter and shiny'er in other larger active guilds.

My previous comments have all been a direct response to the original post and subsequent suggestions. Yours and a few others here make sense.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    I strongly agree with you Bluesavanah and also worry about smaller guilds losing active members because they see something bigger, brighter and shiny'er in other larger active guilds.
    The larger well run guilds were bigger, brighter and shiny'er before, especially those guilds which had the requirement to complete quests in just one day under the older system, so nothing has changed there.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    If the "produce x of y" quests were changed to "possess x of y" then a lot of problems would be solved. Some could produce themselves, others could buy on the market and ask guild members for help.

With a 24 time constraint the production quests don't seem to make much sense in many cases.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    i think they are supposed to be hard, it's part of the balancing. They do not intend to have everybody earn 150 guildcoins every day.

Reply to Thread