Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: guild quests - lost for words

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by HFoC View Post
    i think they are supposed to be hard, it's part of the balancing. They do not intend to have everybody earn 150 guildcoins every day.
    I can accept that - to a point. However, because it's a 24 hour time frame based on GMT and people play from all over the world it's in some cases impossible. Difficult is one thing (it's a challenge), virtually impossible is another (that's just frustrating).
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Someone suggested we should have the next GQ in waiting. I think this might answer a lot of problems for the players that only come in once in a day often after work. But anyway gives all a chance to prepare a bit.

Personally though I am enjoying the new quests the rewards are much higher and will remain so even if i fail to do some. My weak spots are producing gunpowder, crossbows and the science chain. I am using the Economy Overview more and i am enjoying the challenge. Also more in the guild are completing their quests than before , its great not having a fixed number to complete everyone now has a fairer chance. One of our members who only comes in at 10 pm or 11 pm GMT each night I noticed slipped on this morning and has got today's quest done and yes it was production for him.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    Someone suggested we should have the next GQ in waiting. I think this might answer a lot of problems for the players that only come in once in a day often after work. But anyway gives all a chance to prepare a bit.
    In lieu of any other approach, this would help a lot for many of them. It would still be a problem since a production quest can't start until that quest is active, but at least you could level up a building or add a temporary one, and maybe get an appropriate buff ready.

Lucky for me they start at 15:00 each day so I can almost always get right on the newest one. I feel for those that have it start in the middle of their night (or during their work day assuming they can't play then) and they automatically lose a lot of time.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The simple fact is no matter what time of day it starts does not matter. What does matter is how long it's expected to take and any quest which can take even the most powerful and dedicated player more than 6 hours in a 24 hour period is unethical.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    One such dedicated powerful member of my guild came online this morning to find his GQ was done. He had the necessary building running anyway. So did it in less than a minute of his time. Just a click. I doubt if many quests would take him more than 6 hours to do.

Anyway i think the new rewards make allowance for this . You do not have to do all the quests to do better than you did before.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    One question comes to mind: Why should we invest so much in preparation for quest? I mean, look at the guild shop. Not exactly many enticing items in there. If BB would enhance the shop, there would be a big push factor to make me upgrade buildings just so that I could finish the quests.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Singaboy View Post
    One question comes to mind: Why should we invest so much in preparation for quest? I mean, look at the guild shop. Not exactly many enticing items in there. If BB would enhance the shop, there would be a big push factor to make me upgrade buildings just so that I could finish the quests.
    I can see your point, but there are items for guild coins I am interested in. And I'm also one that just likes to achieve things.
    Also, the guild coins are traded in the TO - some buying, some selling.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Some quests are a bit too much. Missing the odd one because I can't log on much that day isn't a big deal and we're level 50+ so we should be well set up to produce most things. Guilds should be able to help with adventure and "own" type quests. Some quests are just not worth paying the resources and there is the option of just not completing those. However, the specific one making a particular book, is a bit too much. Lots of reasons why someone at a high level might not be able to make that even if they're super active. Maybe change it to produce any book. I know often many people don't keep lots of manuscripts in store and plenty make just enough to make a tome, then just enough tomes to make a codex. For those people there would rarely be a time they could finish this one, even with a buff. For me, that means this quest fails the "fairness" test that I just invented.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    ppl suggesting we log on earlier to kickstart gq, others saying guildies are now slipping on at unusual hours to do the same...
    GZ bb, settlers is now ruling some ppl's lives, I never realised it was so addictive!
    I think u should make the gq's harder and charge gems for doing them. win win for bb

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    today;s quest is to produce 150 exo planks, cool np and to hand over 100 granite...
    wait, what? really?.. but I can buy over 100 ggc for 100 gran in TO and even if e1 in my guild does gq we don't get anywhere near that many...
    anyways, ty bb for showing me a better way to gain ggc and bye bye gq, TO here I come

just an afterthought.. do big guilds get more coin? would it be worth handing over 100 gran if we had 100 members? if so this seems very unfair bb coz many of us like small more intimate guilds.

PPS. I am really concerned that hoarders in big guilds are gonna charge ridic prices for ggc when the new items arrive in the shop, would be a shame after bb has come up with a solution towards hoarding event resources.
    Last edited by vigabrand; 22.01.16 at 09:07.

Reply to Thread