Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: guild quests - lost for words

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    just an afterthought.. do big guilds get more coin? would it be worth handing over 100 gran if we had 100 members? if so this seems very unfair bb coz many of us like small more intimate guilds.

PPS. I am really concerned that hoarders in big guilds are gonna charge ridic prices for ggc when the new items arrive in the shop, would be a shame after bb has come up with a solution towards hoarding event resources.
    Yup, they do. The bigger the guild, the bigger the total reward, however to get it you ofc need a high percentage of ppl completing it too.
    Yes, if a guild is both large an active it's got a definitive advantage. A small and active is less punished. Those really losing out are those with a lot of members who are no longer active.

World
    Northisle
    just an afterthought.. do big guilds get more coin?
    yes and no. Bigger guild have bigger max reward (list here) but how much they really get depends on how many members complete the quest.

World
    Newfoundland
    today;s quest is to produce 150 exo planks, cool np and to hand over 100 granite...
    wait, what? really?.. but I can buy over 100 ggc for 100 gran in TO and even if e1 in my guild does gq we don't get anywhere near that many...
    anyways, ty bb for showing me a better way to gain ggc and bye bye gq, TO here I come

just an afterthought.. do big guilds get more coin? would it be worth handing over 100 gran if we had 100 members? if so this seems very unfair bb coz many of us like small more intimate guilds.

PPS. I am really concerned that hoarders in big guilds are gonna charge ridic prices for ggc when the new items arrive in the shop, would be a shame after bb has come up with a solution towards hoarding event resources.
    In Newfoundland server gc is worth more than granite.

Your hatred of hoarders (i would call them hard workers) has officially reached unhealthy proportions. I could understand it about event items but this is ridiculous. People earn their guild coins through working together.
    At the very least you could offer some solutions to this thing you see as a problem..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    In Newfoundland server gc is worth more than granite.
    Same on Northisle..... 2 or possibly 3 times the value of granite per 1000.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Why not having 2 guild quest. One is daily and the other one weekly. Weekly is the harder one where you need to complete some kind of adventures or two. The daily one is easier like it was old times. Also weekly one is giving experience points and why not daily also, not much but little bit for motivation.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    kinda like the idea of a daily and weekly GQ....

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Your hatred of hoarders (i would call them hard workers)
    1: I don't hate hoarders, they're greedy ppl that spoil things for more casual players, but still real ppl
    2: Hard workers? are u referring to the amount of time they sit on their bum tapping on a keyboard or u actually know them in rl and THEY ARE HARD WORKERS?

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    1: I don't hate hoarders, they're greedy ppl that spoil things for more casual players, but still real ppl
    2: Hard workers? are u referring to the amount of time they sit on their bum tapping on a keyboard or u actually know them in rl and THEY ARE HARD WORKERS?
    I really do hope the smiley was to demonstrate this was a joke and not you laughing at the thought that hoarders may be real people or even that they are all greedy people that spoil things for more casual players. I find that a tremendous generalism that is rude and unkind.

I believe I am an extremely hard (and effective) worker in real life and would definitely class myself as a hoarder in-game. But thats my choice. I don't sell every resource I get from loot spots or farm my island to sell for profit. I have a mainly self sufficient island that overproduces in a number of areas. I also have a very developed island with most buildings upgraded and as such I have no massive need for basics such as marble and stone these days. Should I stop sending my geologists out and leave them doing nothing? Of course not and therefore I seem to accumulate lots of low level resources and yes they mount up into a hoard. Should I give this away for free to every low level player that comes along? Definitely not! I've been there many a time to see those players increase their level beyond the capability of their islands and then become a very depressed player as they cant continue without becoming a leach.

Does the above make me greedy? No. Does it mean I spoil the game for others? No. Does it mean that I never help others? Of course not.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    ur not the kind of player I was referring to fish, u sound very similar to myself tbh...
    it does feel that some players manage to accumulate far more than they can use let alone need. gc for example and this makes things difficult for players like myself because prices go sky high on whatever resource is relevant at any given time, just so these players can get even more gc to put in star. it seems as tho prices are pushed up just for the sake of it rather than according to demand. i'm not an awesome player and most of the time I just muddle along, I could be completely wrong, this is just my opinion.

e1 is free to play the game how they wish, I don't judge or begrudge any1 anything. it is just a game. i'm just stating how things are (in my opinion)
    Last edited by vigabrand; 22.01.16 at 21:42.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    How do hoarders spoil you game, your Island is perfectly capable of sustaining your play, except you are possibly time poor. Who do you think provides all the bronze swords, bread and brew to the market during events when there's another BK grindfest ? Who do you think buys up all the logs, water, wheat, flour and ore you over produce all year round instead of you demolishing buildings you don't need ?

Settlers is primarily an economic sim, every players island is capable with a little thought of producing huge amounts of stuff and doing a prolific amount of adventures. Hoarders generally do it to better their play experience, develop their Islands and if they wish too give huge amounts of stuff away when they feel like it.

Reply to Thread