Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: guild quests - lost for words

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula_Ravenhawk View Post

After months (years?) of the same 14 guild quests repeating themselves, (and often those 14 had similar tasks to perform, such as Black Knights) I for one am excited by the change in the guild quests. I accept that there may be some that I cannot do (or will not do) but overall the change seems very welcome to me.
    I'm not against the diversity of quests, but I'm totally against being put in the same bracket as big guilds, this causes numerous problems to small guilds as I've outlined previously. Over time small guilds will most probably die out, they haven't anything to offer now. The biggest selling point a small guild had before was an easy guild quest with a relatively small payout. Now the have exactly the same guild quest as a big guild and a smaller payout. It's terribly hard to attract players anyway atm, but one of the questions that is asked is what's the guild quest payout.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Kit_, neither liking spreadsheets nor general nerdiness (Nerd Life Forever) factors in.

From previous forum posts of your guild spreadsheets and comments like the last and this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    I am making my own cost analysis of the new quests (based on the current market values) and will revise it in the future if needed. I am also looking at the times needed to do the production quests, minimum lvl of buildings required and buffs needed.
    I get the impression you have quite a lot of time to devote to TSO, and the interest to pursue gamelife both in-game and out and that's groovy. It is not the case for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    Just from having looked over the new quests, I do not yet see any quest that is too expensive or impossible to do. I would much rather have actual numbers to back up my views on the guild quests, than people simply saying that they don't like them and bb must change them without any reasoning behind it.
    While no quest may be literally "impossible" there are many that are wildly impractical for a number of reasons, not least among them is time, play style is another. If many well developed islands work well for many people for everything in their game but a GQ it's not particularly reasonable to call the quest fine and the players lacking if they don't want to throw their economies out of whack, or skip kissing the wife today, or refuse to play grossbear with the dog, or bail on a long time guild association, or of all the silly things "Move 2 Hunters", though it is of course "possible" for them to do just that.

It would also be good to remember that this current situation with many players just recently leveling up after several years poking about at level 50, is a one off. There will not be another large group with extra well developed islands all catching these [51-65] quests at the same time. If there are issues with them now, and there are, they're not all that likely to improve on their own. There are issues with the removal of the guild size brackets as well and as mentioned several times previously this impacts the older quests for those below 51. All this has been explained repeatedly, and with reasons given, by many people. At this point it's surprising you've managed to reject every explanation for every difficulty, including people's Real Lives. [no wink, honest puzzlement]
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 27.01.16 at 04:06. Reason: removed extra "the" - tweak

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    sry paula but I couldn't disagree with u more...

ggc has never been anywhere near as high in price as it is now. i'm no economist but, a much better indicator of future values must surely lie in the historical values.
    I'd rather see more ppl doing gq so we have more coins, so prices stay low, which leads to cheaper prices in guild shop.

I do agree with u about new quests tho and I like the new system, even tho they're costing me a lot more for less coins I got from the old system (yes i'm in a small guild) because some days I simply cant do the quest!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    I'd rather see more ppl doing gq so we have more coins, so prices stay low, which leads to cheaper prices in guild shop.
    Can you provide any evidence that the amount of ggc in circulation has any bearing on guild shop prices.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    I meant if we have more guild coins the price is likely to be lower in TO so if ur trading for them u get a better deal to take to the guild shop. sry reread it and it was a bit ambiguous

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    On the other hand all those free-loaders who have now had their supply of guild coins cut off at the source and all members of the vampire guilds will be scrambling to obtain what guild coins are in trade, this effect would be driving the market value of guild coins in the other direction.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    On the other hand all those free-loaders who have now had their supply of guild coins cut off at the source and all members of the vampire guilds will be scrambling to obtain what guild coins are in trade, this effect would be driving the market value of guild coins in the other direction.
    I'm not sure I know what a vampire guild is, but I would think it would suck to be part of a guild like that :P

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    I'm not sure I know what a vampire guild is, but I would think it would suck to be part of a guild like that :P
    lolz

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    u could be right doro, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I have noticed a few posts commenting on "freeloaders". surely a guild is there to help 1 another. if u have a guildie who cant manage to get gq done ur just helping them along. I know some ppl hardly ever do the gq but that still never bothered me. not many ppl seem to feel the same way, but I guess its irrelevant now anyways

World
    Sandycove
    That's a pretty good pun
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread