Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: guild quests - lost for words

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    You were lucky to get the gq requiring you to produce a tome, mine is to produce a Codex...
    This is not meant to be a 24/7 game.
    Not all players have their bookbinders at level 6.
    Most players will keep their bookbinder running full time to feed their 19 explorers or 6 geologists.
    All our 51+ guildies are skipping this one as it was deemed too ridiculous, and that is about half the active guild.

BB need to sort this out

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    These quests are not going to change every 64 days or however many new there are. They are going to run and run. So those anyone cannot do now they will be able to if they want to later. I am building a stock of manuscripts to be able to make a tome. I am making two tomes to be able to make a codex. There is absolutely no problem if you prefer to skill your explorers/geos and miss out these science quests until you have your teams skilled.

Its only a game and the rewards will still be good if you do not do every quest (better than before). Whatever BB do there will be those that will feel their needs have not been taken into account or they are not being stretched.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Under the old system it was 80% of the guild to complete, translating that to the new system means aiming to complete 80% or more of the quests is a fair goal for all guild members as far as I'm concerned.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    These quests are not going to change every 64 days or however many new there are. They are going to run and run. So those anyone cannot do now they will be able to if they want to later. I am building a stock of manuscripts to be able to make a tome. I am making two tomes to be able to make a codex. There is absolutely no problem if you prefer to skill your explorers/geos and miss out these science quests until you have your teams skilled.

Its only a game and the rewards will still be good if you do not do every quest (better than before). Whatever BB do there will be those that will feel their needs have not been taken into account or they are not being stretched.
    I understand your point, and now I too am going to maintain an inventory of books 'just in case' it comes up again. But it seems to me to stop focusing on growth/skills/etc. and instead now build buffers against what might happen is not what I would prefer. Of course guild coins are not required, but I feel a pressure to try to complete the quests so that others in the guild are not affected. Therefore I need to 'go sideways' from my preferred investments to cover myself against guild quests that I think are unrealistic - mostly because of a forced 24 hour time frame and the lack of any waiting quest information to help me prepare.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    well said xibor

but even if I have the manuscripts ready, which I now have, my bookbinder won't run fast enuff (even when buffed), even with a quest waiting type thing. I have to go to work etc and no game is gonna take over my life and make me log in, in the morning, before/during work!

ok its just a game and it wont kill me to miss a cpl of quests, but over time (e.g. a week) I am spending more resources for less coins than I was with the old system and that's my gripe.
    Last edited by vigabrand; 29.01.16 at 15:05.

World
    Newfoundland
    I think if every player were supposed to be able to do every guild quest they might get, the rewards would have been set to a much lower amount of coins. So I just accept that I cannot do everything - and what I can't do others might be able to who in turn can't do what I can. And yes, pre-planning is a part of it too. Otherwise it would just be an automatic reward of daily guild coins and that'd be boring.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSmell View Post
    I think if every player were supposed to be able to do every guild quest they might get, the rewards would have been set to a much lower amount of coins. So I just accept that I cannot do everything - and what I can't do others might be able to who in turn can't do what I can. And yes, pre-planning is a part of it too. Otherwise it would just be an automatic reward of daily guild coins and that'd be boring.
    +1
    nicely said, i think you covered the whole point of the new system here

to me it seems less stressful on both members and officers now than with the old system, this made everyone aware about "no pain-no gain" so really just ones unable to finish theirs will not finish, nearly everyone else will participate.
    We are actually recording an increase of involvement in doing the guild quests with every single day and that is what i must welcome 100%.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I completed the Guild quest yesterday, only to find the new one is complete the VLT adventure and make 100 damascene swords, oh! and 18hours to do it, impossible. Not sure who revamped the Guild Quests but they are not realistic, and I agree, not worth doing and the alternative to use 107 Gems would seem to be a poorly disguised effort to get us to buy more.

So well done BB you have managed to kill that part of the game, at least for me, but suspect others will agree

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodrum View Post
    I completed the Guild quest yesterday, only to find the new one is complete the VLT adventure and make 100 damascene swords, oh! and 18hours to do it, impossible.
    See, that is something I could do, now. Especially if I already have a VLT started the day before, but last time I started and finished a VLT in one night. I was so surprised because I've never managed that before. Turns out I only needed a good guide and 1k more pop to do it. And I'm "only" level 53, so there.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSmell View Post
    I just accept that I cannot do everything - and what I can't do others might be able to who in turn can't do what I can. And yes, pre-planning is a part of it too. Otherwise it would just be an automatic reward of daily guild coins and that'd be boring.
    agreed, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Bodrum View Post
    Not sure who revamped the Guild Quests but they are not realistic, and I agree, not worth doing and the alternative to use 107 Gems
    not all the quests. I enjoy the challenge of some of them but, there are a few where bodrum is absolutely right
    Last edited by vigabrand; 30.01.16 at 09:57.

Reply to Thread