Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: guild quests - lost for words

World
    Newfoundland
    Not sure what you mean by the last part but since you talk about the value of things 30 mahogany wood is worth 10 guild coins. If you get 50 instead of 10 it seems like the quest is worth doing? Unless your guild specifically avoids doing guild quests I'm sure they'll be happy you helped everyone earn more coins and help you with trades and possibly give you the things you have to pay if you are short. Seems like win/win to me.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    I understand that you want to be oblivious to prices and stubbornly refuse to use TO but why would your guildmates have to suffer for it?

Ill be happy to help your guild get more guild coins even if you do not. If you get that quest send me a trade offering your guild coin reward for 30 mahongany wood.
    My last quest (750 advanced paper) would have require 2 levels into my advanced papermill and a 4x buff. I don't need that much paper to support the books I'm building. It would have drained me of valuable resources to get the levels into the building. I don't see this as selfish, the request is silly.

I can accept that some quests - by design - are going to be difficult to do. I expect other players will understand when I can't (or wont) do one because of the cost.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Not sure what you mean by the last part but since you talk about the value of things 30 mahogany wood is worth 10 guild coins. If you get 50 instead of 10 it seems like the quest is worth doing? Unless your guild specifically avoids doing guild quests I'm sure they'll be happy you helped everyone earn more coins and help you with trades and possibly give you the things you have to pay if you are short. Seems like win/win to me.
    If the quest is not worth doing then I am not doing it. That is the only way I can tell BB that they have made some very bad quests. They dont listen to feedback:
    I can only wonder why they make quests that is not worth doing. I cant see why my guild should want me to sacrifice stuff to give them coins this way. We help each otehr all the time in many other ways. So to pay for stuff in marked in order to solve a guild quest is not on my todo list.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    My last quest (750 advanced paper) would have require 2 levels into my advanced papermill and a 4x buff. I don't need that much paper to support the books I'm building. It would have drained me of valuable resources to get the levels into the building. I don't see this as selfish, the request is silly.

I can accept that some quests - by design - are going to be difficult to do. I expect other players will understand when I can't (or wont) do one because of the cost.
    my comment was about the specific pay mahogany wood quest. my previous comment was about pay quests being possible to do versus produce quests being "impossible" to do. problem?

World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    If the quest is not worth doing then I am not doing it. That is the only way I can tell BB that they have made some very bad quests. They dont listen to feedback:
    I can only wonder why they make quests that is not worth doing. I cant see why my guild should want me to sacrifice stuff to give them coins this way. We help each otehr all the time in many other ways. So to pay for stuff in marked in order to solve a guild quest is not on my todo list.
    Thats exactly how I do it too. But 99.9% sure they do not actively monitor quest completion rates so leaving feedback in the forum or support is still the best (only) chance. If they did daily quests should have been reworked (again) a long time ago.
    Yes some quests are silly or "impossible" but that has been the BB way for a long time. My point is that a lot more quests than it seems at first are worth doing.
    Maybe part of it is that in the new system the reward is small in the beginning and it seems its not worth the bother. If everyone sees only that and not the potential for growth it will never get there..

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    You really think they care less whether you do the guild quest or not? Someone somewhere in the dev team has made up a random selection of quests and chucked them out there, if they cannot be completed so what from their side? Some players will be tempted to gem the quest and BB gain, simples.

World
    Northisle
    Am I the only one who sees the irony in a thread titled "lost for words" that has 16 pages and counting on it?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsh View Post
    Am I the only one who sees the irony in a thread titled "lost for words" that has 16 pages and counting on it?
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Guild quest are ridicules after last change. You changed price to be 4x the amount of gems it was before and on top of that, quest are either ridiculously hard to do, or the gain of guild coins it's simply not worth it.
    At least make is to, that the people who make the quest get the % of the required ppl to successfully complete quest * people that actually made it. As it currently stands, daily quest require (for sub 50 level player) 3300 gems if you buy quest daily.
    Money wise this is more than proper MMORP requires to play, just for daily quest.
    I don't have any problems spending money for online game, but in your case I decided I will vote with my valet.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Shultz View Post
    Guild quest are ridicules after last change. You changed price to be 4x the amount of gems it was before and on top of that, quest are either ridiculously hard to do, or the gain of guild coins it's simply not worth it.
    At least make is to, that the people who make the quest get the % of the required ppl to successfully complete quest * people that actually made it. As it currently stands, daily quest require (for sub 50 level player) 3300 gems if you buy quest daily.
    Money wise this is more than proper MMORP requires to play, just for daily quest.
    I don't have any problems spending money for online game, but in your case I decided I will vote with my valet.
    Why pay to get the quest done- they can never be worth that ????

I agree that the quests does not fit the new system, many of them require more than the 6- 8 hours many players have on a normal weekday. But cant undestand why you simply skip the quest instead of paying gems. As you say, the coins are not worth that.

Reply to Thread