Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: guild quests - lost for words

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

guild quests - lost for words

plz bb fix this immediately...

I don't believe any1 over lvl50 can complete "The Wizards". I need to trade 25 book fittings... does any own 25 book fittings? and produce a tome.
    Firstly manuscripts aren't tradable so I just cant do it. I guess in future I can keep 5 in stock, but that takes 5 days to make so everytime this quest pops up that's 5 days my bookmaker will be tied up. But wait, no he wont, because there's no point making them. at lvl4 my bookmaker takes 18 hours to produce a tome so I cant get the quest done in time anyway.
    so basically bb u have created quests that aren't possible to complete and everyone complained about the 1st days quest being far too expensive as well.

from what I;ve seen so far I don't care what u put in guild shop its just not worth the effort anymore, well done!!!

World
    Northisle
    lost for words im lost for troops 2 days iave had to do two adv and one losing less than 50r's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sanellen View Post
    lost for words im lost for troops 2 days iave had to do two adv and one losing less than 50r's
    last one is not hard- just do a scenario or get a ls from a guild member.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post

I don't believe any1 over lvl50 can complete "The Wizards". I need to trade 25 book fittings... does any own 25 book fittings? and produce a tome.
    Firstly manuscripts aren't tradable so I just cant do it. I guess in future I can keep 5 in stock, but that takes 5 days to make so everytime this quest pops up that's 5 days my bookmaker will be tied up. But wait, no he wont, because there's no point making them. at lvl4 my bookmaker takes 18 hours to produce a tome so I cant get the quest done in time anyway.
    so basically bb u have created quests that aren't possible to complete and everyone complained about the 1st days quest being far too expensive as well.

from what I;ve seen so far I don't care what u put in guild shop its just not worth the effort anymore, well done!!!
    actually that one is quite easy, i have 22 manuscripts sitting in storage, can make another 5 in 2.5 days. It would take me little over 14hrs to make a tome without a buff, always have my bookbinder ready to go first thing in the morning, and have small glue buffs from rarity. I also certainly have bookfittings, why would someone not? A little preparation, and it is a fairly easy gq.
    Oh, and I am lvl 53, with a fairly basic island, nothing fancy.

Yes, the gq's are harder, but preparation makes a difference, and I like a challenge. I also use gq's as a good way to see how I can improve and upgrade my island.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    I make stuff as I go along and use tome;s etc str8 away so not really had chance to get any in stock yet. cant see that happening for a long time either unless I stop skilling explo's. buffing bookmaker will help, cant argue with that but many players out most of the day will come home and not have time to do the quest even then I reckon.

I guess the answer is to set the alarm, get up at 2am and start gq str8 away

I saw a lot of players asking for daily quest to be made harder, to give us something to do when theres a lull in the game. bb never seem to do quite whats asked and go off on a variant. would be nice if gq's were just a little easier coz I think the new gq system is gr8.
    Last edited by vigabrand; 20.01.16 at 16:56.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

does any own 25 book fittings?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    i guess its all aimed at the people who can afford to play throughout the day. I for one cant, i would like to but, a job and family put paid to that. I do manage 2 hours on a good day and that allows for a lot to be done but things like produce a codex even if i have the bits in stock to do it i cant be there when its complete to click it off

additionally I have to ask if BB are trying to get rid of the social guilds which are often quite small where many players are unable to play every day. The new system gives so little reward for these people because a small percentage can achieve the quest per day.

I have heard the argument then join a better guild but these guilds dont want people inactive a couple of days in the week. Considering BB keep stating they want things fairer this isnt.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove

Hate to burst the bubble on your good mood, but have you thought of what you would need to do if you got this quest two days on the trot.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    totally agree with kiwified about the more casual players. settlers is a gr8 game for popping in and out and ltd time each day, but they wont get many guild coins now.

lol@doro

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    If players can only pop in and out of the game then they will earn the guild coins for the quests they can do. If you are lucky enough to be able to play for more hours then you will earn a greater reward. That is no different to real life where I would expect someone doing more hours to earn more than a part-timer.

Reply to Thread