Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: guild quests - lost for words

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Peccatora View Post
    After a couple days of testing I gotta say that I like the new gq system, but it obviously needs some improvement. As one of the bigger guild we're getting more than double the amount of guild coins than we used to get before. I agree though that it's not fair to smaller guilds, the gap is just too big. It was ok that bigger guilds got a higher reward with the old quests, but now that everyone gets the same ones the rewards should also be the same or at least make the difference a bit smaller.
    ^^This.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    +1
    I do think though its still possible to work as a team just needs a little bit more thought. The move two hunters quest can be done by building a hunter level 1 and then move him once. Or building two and keeping them level 1 just to move for the quest but this depends on licences.
    The thing is, that quest is just weird. If someone has given any thought to their building placement why on earth would they want to do that? It seems more like a last minute "Eep! We need one more!" sort of thing rather than something someone thought about. (The slightly more cynical take would be that there's a first year psychology student on the team, writing on a paper on "Gee, I wonder if people will do this?" ) So the sort-of-workaround is useful at the moment but the quest could use revising.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    I think the bookbinder should not be included its too slow and maybe its just started making a codex when the quest to build a tome comes up. Way too difficult.
    +1. Also pointed out in testing and early live feedback. Hop to BB.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 25.01.16 at 14:56.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    the book binders are the least of the worries- they are tradable and odds are someone in guild can do a double trade to you and sort out that requirement

If the waiting quest would be brought back, this quest is very achievable for all in guild really- even with very low lvl bookbinder

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ambandil View Post
    the book binders are the least of the worries- they are tradable and odds are someone in guild can do a double trade to you and sort out that requirement

If the waiting quest would be brought back, this quest is very achievable for all in guild really- even with very low lvl bookbinder
    Tradeable books, since when ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ambandil View Post

If the books could be traded I would except it as a good 'help each other out' guild quest, but I've never found a way to trade a book. Do you know something I don't?
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    these quests are manageable (most of the time), but even easy 1's like pay 100 gunpowder I find myself letting down my guild by ignoring them rather than joining in with the teamwork... too expensive
    now if I were to earn xp for the quests as well as coins maybe I would pay 100 gunpowder.

just a thought bb

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    In my opinion they ruined the GQ for people over lvl 50.
    Those req's are out of this world and putting gems into consideration is very unwise move for BlueByte.
    So they are 2 options:
    - or decease to 5-10% the actual reqs
    - or [Removed]
    - or remove GQ

99% of the players will not use GEMS or pay GEMS for this !!!

Please don't encourage bannable behaviour.
    Last edited by MOD_Houri; 29.01.16 at 10:47.
    I love Settlers Online and here is the guild forum

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Several of good comments in here.
    New gq is fine as in you need to do the quest to get coins (some players have never done the hard once before).
    It is good that you get a new one every day (U don't need to wait 1 week if in a guild that isn't that active).

However some GQ are not proportional to what you get or takes to long time.

Not everyone can be expected to login before going to work. The quest should be able to do during the evening after work.

Paying e.g. 40 cannons when in a small guild just isn't worth it. If everyone completes the gq that is like 2 gc per cannon. I see better use of cannons than doing that. Think I could trade cannons for more gc if I had cannons to spare.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    I can see how gq reward is hard to make work across diff size guilds and I can see bb have tried to come up with some new quests. the reality seems to be unfair rewards and too costly or too difficult quests...
    how bout stop the whole thing until its sorted out? coz it looks like a lot of sorting to be done.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiorosu View Post
    In my opinion they ruined the GQ for people over lvl 50.
    Those req's are out of this world and putting gems into consideration is very unwise move for BlueByte.
    So they are 2 options:
    - or decease to 5-10% the actual reqs
    - or [Removed]
    - or remove GQ

99% of the players will not use GEMS or pay GEMS for this !!!
    glad its just your opinon as i am over level 50 and havent missed a quest yet all have been simple enough to complete a few have been time comsuming but not once have i had to even think of using gems... not like the old quests where i did have on occasion have to use gems to complete...i think the real problem is this for far too long many collected their guild coins off the work of others they didnt do the quests yet reaped the reward now they cant.. and smaller guilds feel cheated as some not all get less guild coins then they used to as there not that active .
    Last edited by MOD_Houri; 29.01.16 at 10:48. Reason: quote contained removed portion

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    I can see how gq reward is hard to make work across diff size guilds and I can see bb have tried to come up with some new quests. the reality seems to be unfair rewards and too costly or too difficult quests...
    how bout stop the whole thing until its sorted out? coz it looks like a lot of sorting to be done.
    I think you are right it must be hard to make the quests work across the board. But on the whole i think they do work well for most players BB just need to address the small guild issue and the quests that do take over 12 hours to do. But that said most dont seem to expect to do every quest. If you make them all doable in a very short time span then i think even more players than speak on here would find them too simple.

Stopping them completely and removing the earning of guild coins for however long it would take I think is a very bad idea. The price for them in TO would sky rocket for a start and to punish the majority for the thoughts of a minority a huge mistake.

I remember the crisis quests the moaning by many more than here. Now some are asking when is the next crisis quest chain going to be. Most moaning that I personally heard did stop once they got into the quests and I think its the same with these guild quests.

Once GQuesters have found that in a very short time span they can sell for 7.5K gold coin per 1K guild coins and if they think out of the box a bit and buy something from the guild market to sell in TO they can make up to 10K gold coin per 1K, there will be some bigger smiles and a renewed vigour to do them. Personally I just like doing the quests i like the challenge.

I am sure the ones that are the most unhappy are finding it difficult now not getting the coins they used to for NOT doing the guild quest.

Reply to Thread