Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild Quest Rework - Dev Blog

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    A more cynical version of answered questions.

But my guild is very small. Would this mean that I'm being punished for not having a lot of members?

Yes of course. We have reworked the guild quest rewards so that over all everyone gets their rewards boosted compared to the previous iteration. However those with less members than other guilds will still be punished for it because the reward is still based on member participation thus if you have more members that participate you get more rewards. If you have fewer you get less rewards. Conclusion: If you want more rewards you need to leave your small guild of close friends and join a zerg guild full of strangers.

Do these changes mean that kicking inactive players is encouraged?

Yes of course. Nothing has really changed in this regard. Inactive players were removed from the guild quest pool under the old system so didn't hold up the rest of the guild anyway. And those active players that slacked while active but didn't/couldn't complete the guild quest in a timely manner were at risk of being kicked. Little has changed with this since if guild leaders see the same person never completing a guild quest time and time again the pressure will still be there to kick them and bring in a new member that will so the guild over all can get a better reward each day.

We believe that playing in a guild should provide no real guild activity or co-operation. If we did then we would have created quests that had more depth than an individual member completing what is essentially a single player quest and then providing an accumulation of how many members in the guild do this single player quest so a few more rewards can be handed out.

Has anything changed on the already existing quests?

Yes. We wanted to make sure our pointless guild quest sinkhole system couldn't be bypassed by a few gems each time so have now made the gem cost an extortionate amount like everything else in the game.

Hang on, the gem prices go up, but the individual rewards don't? That's very unfair!

Yes we know but we don't care. Instead we'll tell you some bull plop about devaluation when in reality the only thing that devalues guild coins is when what you can buy with them is a pile of manure.

Having a 24-hour limitation really puts a lot of pressure in our guild...

Guild quests were never intended to be in the game. We were hoping for just a button the player presses which takes them to a credit card details form where we charge them £10, give them a thank you screen then send them back to Google. But we suspected the players might want something more than that so we've packed the game with plenty of pointless, useless and boring content like guild quests.

Some quests are just unbeatable in 24 hours!

Yes we know but rather than adding some polish to a new feature and making sure it meets the high standard our players expect we just did the basics needed to get 'something' out there and will eventually get around to fixing everything wrong with it.

What are the plans for "the infamous quests that nobody wants to do"?

Leave them in there for as long as possible till we can figure out some quests that are just as bad. In the short term we'll provide an answer that doesn't actually give a direct answer to obfuscate the matter.

Why don't you do guild-wide cooperation quests, or something like that?

Because that might actually be fun. We're trying to make money here, not a game you crazy people! Instead we prefer to provide a system that superficially looks like guild members are collaborating to achieve rewards but in reality are just doing another single player quest then waiting/hoping others in the guild do the same thing.

Great translation of the real meaning ... thank you .. and altho tongue in cheek it seems very accurate

World
    Northisle

Thumbs down

Has anything changed on the already existing quests?
    In terms of quest requirements and individual rewards, no.
    Absolute rubbish! Quest requirements HAVE changed.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Why should it be rolled back from everyone asap just because the new system might not work well in some small guilds? Medium to large guilds have suffered for years of the old system, losing lots of coins per week because they were stuck for same quests from days to even a week or they had to gamble and keep canceling in hope for better one and thus losing as well. Only solution was to kick inactive or semi active players out of the guild so they would not block the progress. The old system was in favor of small guilds getting easy quests even with high levels.

If you say you are getting around 20 coins per quest then how many members are there and how many are there even playing? 2-5 members? If their original intent or design(?) was that 10 "active" members is minimum for quests then that should be starting point when viewing things or maybe they should increase the requirement to fulfill the same estimate of inactives that the old system had.
    small guild have to do now the same quests as big guilds but we get only a small part of the guildcoins that big guilds get for

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Great changes BB, well done from someone who wrote on the forum asking for the changes not to happen. The trick is to work with what you throw at us to achieve the best we can with it. Having said that you do need to look at how likely it is that some quests will actually be completed. For those who work full-time doing, for instance, Valiant Little Tailor is a bit tough. Also, unless they login before work they simply will not be able to make 100 damascene swords etc.

When the changes came in I removed all the non-playing accounts from the guild as they are now a total waste in terms of gaining guild coins. This took us down to 38 very active members. Now we have been joined by a group of 8 from a small guild of 12 who simply were not being rewarded for their efforts re the quests. This was not a 'takeover' but a total merger as it benefited both groups to form one guild. We now have a guild who all want to get as many guild coins as they can, but who are under no duress to complete a guild quest that is impossible to do or too expensive. We are consistently getting well over 100 coins every day - today we are on 39/46 completed the quest, ie 150 coins again.

The point is that the new members are still doing the same quests here but today are receiving 150 coins ((39/46) x 176) whilst before they were only being rewarded with 57 coins ((8/12) x 85). [I don't like this design feature any more than most but we have to work with what we are given by BB.] The older members are also gaining from having 8 new very active players doing the guild quest, chatting etc.

What I suggest those in smaller guilds do is to form larger cooperatives, or to join with larger active guilds. The guild name is just a tag, the people in the guild will still be people you know, and the rewards will be greater for the same efforts. Yes, a tough decision to make - been there done that myself twice in the past - but IF what you want is more guild coins then mathematically you simply have to lose the dead accounts and grow with active players. Some will not 'want' guild coins or will not want the 'hassle/expense' of the quests and that is great, it is that variety that makes the game interesting.

(PS I am amazed to still see some guilds with 95 -100 in them, as I simply do not believe all of those are active accounts, with many being totally dead, hence reducing the coins the guild now receive)
    Last edited by lordloocan; 28.01.16 at 09:03.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    A move to a bigger guild will not help me... Almost 11 of out 9 GQ is something about adventures. I don't like to be told to do certain adventures. There is only 1 who choose and that is me. I know GQ is optional, but it is somewhat annoying to be excluded from this part of the game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexa75 View Post
    small guild have to do now the same quests as big guilds but we get only a small part of the guildcoins that big guilds get for
    There is a simple cure for that, start recruiting. In the big guilds somebody had to do the hard graft to get the size of the membership up, the result the guild reaps the reward for that hard work. Total coins earned is not the only reason, being in a large guild also lessens your losses for when somebody is not able to complete. Would you rather lose 10% or 1% because real life prevented a member from logging in.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    I think there is a problem with big guilds getting more guild coins than small guilds - not the fact that they get more, that part is ok - but that members in small guilds have to to the same quests as in big guilds for less coins. I old system that was better - big guilds got more coins - but also harder quests.

Please bring back better balance between difficulty of quest / level of player / size of reward.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    read some of the comments and laughed at all the whining...the new system is great 24 hrs is more then enough time to do all the quests if you cant because your island wont allow you make a certain amount of something within the time then upgrade as the quest will be back around... the days of thinking i dont like this quest so i will let others do it and reap the reward have gone.. so either do them and collect thoses lovely coins or dont.. i dont play this server but the same complaints are on all of them .

the coins earned sell for 10gc per one on my server so earning guild coins daily have soon mount up to alot of gold coins..

the argument that a smaller guild shouldnt do the same quests is stupid just cause you have 10 members doesnt handicap you from doing the same quest as a guild of 50 for a start you get more coins per member completing then a big guild..just because overall they might get more because more of them complete ..makes no difference to the fact that each member is still that a member and can complete the same quests no matter the size of their guild..

if you dont like being in a small guild cause you get lower guild coins then adapt and merge or recruit or join a bigger guild

World
    Sandycove
    Well the changes have not effected me, and the thread has been an interesting read. What has amused me is the fact that unless the guild market is also made more attractive, all the effort from a large body of players will be wasted. If the past is anything to go by, when BB do the next community vote I can see everything being over priced to match the increased supply of guild coins, then and only then will the true worth of the guild coins be recognised, everything up till then will be `speculation'. Then we will see if selling all those high end weapons match the value of the guild quests Mwhahhaha
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    read some of the comments and laughed at all the whining...the new system is great 24 hrs is more then enough time to do all the quests if you cant because your island wont allow you make a certain amount of something within the time then upgrade as the quest will be back around...
    Could you explain to me then how to make a tome in 24 hours? If you don't happen to be sitting on a pile of manuscripts (which I never had to worry about before so tended to use them up when I made them), and without spending gems for a hide glue?
    With a level 6 bookbinder you can't make 5 manuscripts and then a tome. You can't trade books. People don't tend to want to give up hide glue (184 gems?)

That's not whining. That's a fair comment about a bad quest.

You also suggest that I level up and/or add buildings in case I happen to get a certain quest even if this might upset my economic balance by adding more levels than I can afford. I will upgrade buildings based on my expansion needs and my ability to support them, not for the possibility that I might get a certain quest. That's just silly in my opinion.
    Last edited by Xibor; 28.01.16 at 20:29.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread