Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    If your bothered about ggc.

Big guild 80 plus active - win
    Medium guild 30-50 - recruit some more actives but still a win
    Small guild - lose, your working 10x as hard for about the same
    Small guild 3-4 active out of 10 - leave

Those in 10 man guilds with 3-4 active are wasting their time doing GQ the loop hole where you were getting ggc has been firmly shut for the most part quite a lot of the quests you'd make more ggc selling the component parts of the quest.

I wouldn't dream of spending 107 gems on completing a quest of any description so I hope guild leaders are advising likewise, it's more than enough to buy a noble deed and would be better spent there. pretty sure someone's maths is off at BB also current exchange rate in merchant is 3ggc to 1 gem, so 264/3 is 88 gems to complete a quest.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    overall i like the new GQ system. My one criticism would be that the quests now require adventures that cant be easily got through either the adventure shop or guild shop. This creates a problem. Suggestion would be to say complete any "mini" adventure or complete any "resource" adventure or any "experience"or dare i say it to give them some relevance ... complete any "coop" adventure!

edited .... just got first impossible task today ....... complete VLT and produce 100 damas swords. By the time most people log in in my guild - they won't have the time to produce 100 swords and log back in later to click finish on quest. As for "complete VLT" .... surely some joke?!

By setting the tasks to be soooo time consuming, and needing to take up so many resources it is no longer something that people can do for themselves and their friends quickly. This means more and more people will decide not to do it. As those that do it see a drop off in the number of people actually doing it their final rewards will also drop off to the point that for those that used to do it consistently some will stop doing it ... and thus a vicious circle begins until ... noone does it - something i doubt was the intention behind the time and effort into creating the new system but it WILL be the result unless the quests themselves are lowered in difficulty and time to take.

The mechanics of the new system is great ... the actual quests themselves a step too far in my opinion. In my original paragraph at the top i deliberatly didn't include "complete any fairytale adventure" for this reason.
    Last edited by luckydiddy; 23.01.16 at 02:53.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Much about the new system is likeable; our guild perhaps got lucky with the quests for the first 2 and got substantially more guild coins than we'd normally get from a guild quest, but this will drop with the 3rd one (>50 lvl players need to complete VLT).

What is needed to make the system better is to have the next day's quest appear under waiting quests. That way, quests that will tie up production/build queues or that will require time-intensive adventures can be anticipated and have a chance of actually being completed in time.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    I am very happy with the rework. My guild is making more guild coins than before on every quest so far. No one gets left out any more, with the old 80% cut-off some guildies missed out on completing, now all have a chance. The harder quests give a challenge and something to do whilst leveling (it is soo long between levels now
    And now there is no possibility of the guild getting stuck if a quest is too slow for some reason. Big thumbs up here.
    It's worth keeping in mind that large active guilds who make a specific point of GQs were generally happy before the update, and that really hasn't changed. See also posts #27 and #28 here.

While personally, speaking from a smaller and more casual guild, I'm also in favour of many of the changes smaller and more casual guilds are definitely impacted differently and those with well loved but less active players may indeed find themselves in a pinch.

Regarding the increase in gems to complete, I used to use that option happily at times I knew I'd be holding back the quest. I have no intention of using that option for a few guild coins now, and sincerely hope no guildie feels any pressure to use it.

Timezones. The whole world does not run on one single timezone. The "Timer Gone Wild" issue aside, one set global time works out very differently depending where in the world you are. For example 00.00 GMT is 01.00 in Paris, 11.00 in Sydney AU, 19.00 yesterday in New York, 16.00 yesterday in Los Angeles, etc. It will be interesting to see if places with more convenient timings have a different completion rate than those that reset at less active times.

The issues with the 24 hour time limit, the "Timer Gone Wild", and certain "impossible" quests were pointed out and discussed both in early feedback to the Sneak Peek and in testing. There hasn't been much change in feedback on their difficulties since the live deployment, just a lot more of it. Fingers crossed for some belated improvements.

As an aside:

If a guild member completes his task, he will receive the final reward via in-game mail when the time runs out at midnight (GMT time) of the following day.
    Lara Croft is not impressed.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 22.01.16 at 18:43. Reason: tweak

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Your reality maybe, not all guilds run the old quests the way you portray your guild did. Over here even though we are losing 60% of the reward my members are seeing 40% greater rewards.
    I fail to see the relevance of your comment? Are you saying that if you kicked some of the players that are not completing the guild quest the reward would stay the same or increase?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    I fail to see the relevance of your comment? Are you saying that if you kicked some of the players that are not completing the guild quest the reward would stay the same or increase?
    For guilds where the quest lingered for days they see an increase, if the inactives were released they would indeed see a bigger increase.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    The 40% of the reward that we now get per day is 140% of the reward we got under the old system. If I was to kick in-actives we would see a 250% increase over the old system, but and only but one was to subscribe to the delusion that 100% participation is possible.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Do these changes mean that kicking inactive players is encouraged?
    Absolutely not. In our perspective, playing in a guild is about having a good time with friends and people, and cooperate towards a common goal. These changes to the Guild Quest system should not affect the way you interact or play with your guild mates.
    Lets throw some maths at this statement, especially regarding smaller guilds, and using this table.

Lets assume that the Guild has 15 members. Yet only 5 are active. (Talking from experience here). Under the new system we're looking at:
    (5/15)*98 = 33 GCs as a reward.
    Lets kick 5 people out of the Guild so we're now at 10. Still enough to get the rewards.
    (5/10)*75 = 38 GCs.

So for a minimum sized Guild it makes economic sense to kick out the trash.

Let try the maths for a bigger size Guild, say 80, with 50 Actives.

(50/80)*234 = 147
    Lets kick 10.
    (50/70)*218 = 158
    And another 10.
    (50/60)*201 = 168
    And finally at maximum turnover
    (50/50)*183 = 183

Yes, it definitely makes sense to kick inactive players. In fact, if you feed all the numbers into a spreadsheet, it makes sense to kick inactives all the time. Doesn't anybody at BB have Excel? The numbers don't lie.

Before the change, our active core of the Guild constantly churned out the GQs so that we were doing them daily. We got around 50GCs a day. These changes, apart from making things harder, means that we're getting less.

It is now no longer viable to create new Guilds from scratch. Everybody should join the existing larger Guilds who should kick inactives to maximise GCs.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Angry guild quests need rework

the new harder quests will not be done by me. I am one of those who likes the game but has minimal time to give to it. The new slim browser crashes and server crashes over the last few days have made it even harder, especially when a crash happens in the middle of a block send. Loss of troops and time getting more to the adventure and the cost of replacing canoneers etc.

Timing of the quest start is good for me as im awake when you guys in Europe are asleep. However it is going to remain a massive stepped problem for anything that requires time to do around the world. Im surprised you at BB didnt think about that.

Guild quests have always been about stuff that could be completed quickly with not too much expense and lots of cooperation. Please return it to that.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I think the gem charge is unfair. Some of my guild members work full time and can only log in for an hour a day. They used to pay the 20 gems if it was a quest they could not complete easy as they got 100 gems a week for logging in every day. Now you want them to pay 107 gems a day for any quest they can not do. We had one to produce 750 tit bars which was impossible for a lot of our members to do, and in no way worth paying the gems for. Is this just BB's way of getting us to buy gems as the ones they give free for logging in each week does not even cover one guild quest now.

Reply to Thread