Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild Quest Rework - Dev Blog

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have no problem with the new way of assigning coins, But I do find many of the quests are unachievable within 24 hrs. It takes most of a day to complete Valiant Little Tailor, even if you have your army ready. Similarly, to produce 1000 intermediate paper will require a Level 5 mill and a 3xbuff...and even then if you start in the morning you will likely miss it. Challenging Quests yes, but they must be achievable.

Perhaps a day's notice such as you get with a 'waiting quest' might help ad allow players to prepare.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Still managed to miss the "elephant in the room".
    The five guild quests so far:
    Do Nords.
    Experience 2 new adventures.
    Make 250 'lonely marble blocks'.
    Do Dark Priests.
    Experience 1 new adventure.

Still the constant demands to do adventures, only now with the handicap of a time limit.
    Now my Settlers time starts late in the day, so the new system expects me to do this in 2-3 hours or lose the gq. We are not machines, and most of us have to cope with something called "real life" as well, please come up with something more balanced.
    (And even the marble block one was a close call, as PH was already queued up).
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with medcat. The quantities asked for are just barely achievable at best. To ask for 500 gunpowder, 1000 inter paper and 2000 marble in 24 hour period is ridiculous. Most europeans log on in the morning their time so that leaves only 16 hours to try to set up buffs etc to complete the quests.
    The concept and rewards system seems sound but please cut the quantities by 1/2 to 2/3 of the current levels.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    overall, liking the new system - a few issues to iron out, but overall it's pretty well understood in our guild that we wont do all of them due to costs involved. But this is an individual choice - its good that after 24 hour, that issue is resolved..

Personally, at this point in time, Im preferring the new system over the old one.
    +1
    I myself was quite sceptical, i admit, but now it doesnt seem bad at all,
    the timer needs fixing that's for sure and some quests should get balanced better in accordance to player's ability to spend hours within the game
    (500 gunpowder, codex - make it a manuscript i.e., produce xbows-reduce to 50 produced i.e.)

We dont seem to be struck that bad as we predicted

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Sorry to tell you but your perspective has nothing to do with reality. The system you chose to implement directly encourages kicking everyone who doesn't complete the guild quest daily. There were many suggestions given on how to prevent this and you chose to ignore every single one of them.
    Sorry but your perspective on the game as a "source of fun" is then totally wrong, if you're up to kick a nice member just because of a few coin increase in guild quest then it is solely a problem of guild's leadership. If you seek a hard-core guild that are willing to grind for guild quests 24/7 365 days a year you will always have that problem. Besides, it is well obvious those quests are "NOT" meant to be fulfilled 100% every day and 365 days a year ! Unless, ofc, some gems are spent IF, and only IF the system was administered to give you the final reward ONLY after the 100% is achieved then i could agree with the above statement, but would still rather chose not to force guild quests at all but train some dedicated traders and work our way around it, or completely disband any effort about guild coins. Luckily, even BB are not mad enough to do such thing...
    I wanted to point out this new system is, surprisingly, less stressful on members and leadership than the earlier was. I was greatly against the changes (can see by my earlier posts) but after seeing i was wrong i'm welcoming it with a great relief i don't have to kick members anymore just because of the guild quest (except some heavy cases).
    In addition, i think BB recognized the vast majority of small 10-player guilds as an exploit of the guild quest system and thus decided to counteract and encourage their future growth in order to gain more if they are willing to. It is normal, and reasonable, that larger guilds with greater involvement are encouraged and additionally rewarded for their effort, ...perfectly makes sense to me. It takes a lot time daily to maintain a guild and keep it healthy, with current management interface - a difficult and insanely time consuming task. Yes, "keep it" is the word in larger guilds, smaller guilds don't have that problem at all as everything is quite visible in a blink of an eye.
    Last edited by Urgh123; 23.01.16 at 05:02. Reason: typo

World
    Newfoundland
    I feel the rework was well ment, no problems with that. But unfortunatly in many cases they are far to expensive or to undoable and do not reflect the cost of resources spent. Also the number of items and the types of items in the guilshop are to few. All items in the chest should be available to be bougth for GC with exception for premium days if u feel that.
    I urge BB to reconsider the guild quests and come up with another solution. Guild Myklagard has desided, in plenum, to refrain from doing ANY guild quests for the time beein.
    Yours
    Nettopp_Naa

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    while concept in the changes are ok , i would like to ask if we continue to get 1 or 2 adventures to do in one day how are we going to do fairytale,epic and the more difficult adventure to meet our other needs,if we start an 2 or 3 day adventure and then the guild quest comes up to do 2 adventures we fail.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by amie2013 View Post
    while concept in the changes are ok , i would like to ask if we continue to get 1 or 2 adventures to do in one day how are we going to do fairytale,epic and the more difficult adventure to meet our other needs,if we start an 2 or 3 day adventure and then the guild quest comes up to do 2 adventures we fail.
    There are several solutions to the adv guild quests:
    you can do mini adv's, these are quick to do with low troop loss eg lost skull
    if you are already busy with a large adv, you can do lootspots
    you can do a scenario, which involves no troops at all

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    Sean14, I understand you feel that way but why not just join a more active guild or stay where you are and trade? The game in 3 years has improved vastly. Of course i miss players that have left and sometimes feel a bit nostalgic but that is just life things change. I think it would be very sad if you gave up because of something you do not have to get involved in at all.
    Mortallicus , thanks for your reply , i chose a small guild because adventure's were not part of the quest , i dont have the time to do adventure's very often and i would be letting the guild down if i chose a bigger one , before the change i was earning around 58 guild coin's now i earn around 23 guild coin's and have to pay more for them , it's true i dont need to be invovled with aquireing guild coin's to play but that will exclude me from what i feel is an important part of the game , this change is not an improvement from my position but it's just my contribution to the feed back

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Re the waiting guild quests and there disappearance.

As we know frequently they did not turn up when they was supposed to, sometimes being 17 hours or more late. My thinking is maybe this flaw was at the heart of the problem preventing guilds ending up in the position of no guild quests at all. The obvious conclusion over both their removal and BB's statement about the resets no longer being required is that BB removed the waiting quests to fix the no GQ bug.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread