Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild Quest Rework - Dev Blog

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am in a very small guild with only six members. New members are difficult to attract. Is there any intention of allowing small guilds that currently don't qualify on numbers to be able to take part in guild quests.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBaillie View Post
    I am in a very small guild with only six members. New members are difficult to attract. Is there any intention of allowing small guilds that currently don't qualify on numbers to be able to take part in guild quests.
    guilds have always needed 10 members to get guild quests. I don't see this ever changing

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by XzavieR View Post
    I'm sorry to have to say this, but the Guild Quest Rework is seriously unbalancing the game in favor of larger guilds. The rework is making the game much less fun for smaller guilds and even a very active but small guild will lose out on a TON of Guild Coins due to this change.

A practical example: In a small but active guild, members would get upwards of 70 Guild Coins per day, same as in any other guild able to complete their quests. And if there was a particularly unfavorable Guild Quest, leaders could cancel it for the entire guild to get a different one.

With these changes, I can no longer actively cancel a Guild Quest, I have to wait for it to time out before a new one is assigned. And even if my guild completes the quest, the guild members of this small guild are getting at most around 20 Guild Coins per completed quest, which is a THIRD of what everyone was getting before the rework, while as stated members of a large guild can get a good bit more than 200 Guild Coins for a completed quest. How is this "balanced"?

Again, I'm sorry, this "rework" is a major fail and should be rolled back or properly implemented as soon as possible to eliminate the difference in Guild Coin income between larger and smaller guilds, a difference that did not exist prior to this rework, in addition to making active cancelling of Guild Quests possible again and making it known which Guild Quest is next in line.
    There are some flaws in your argument:
    small active guilds should not be losing out as they can also gain more guild coins than they were previously getting
    -guilds with 10-20 members received a max of 70ggc in the old system, now can receive 75-115ggc max
    -there is now no longer a need to cancel guild quests, you get a new one daily, and those that can do the gq get coins, without being held up by those that cannot complete.
    -if your guild is only receiving 20ggc a day, then i would argue that your guild is NOT active, that is a completion rate of only 17-25% of your guild (based on 10-20 members)
    - why do you think a guild with fewer members should get the same rewards as a large guild? larger guilds have always received higher ggc rewards than smaller guilds, no one complained about this before.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by XzavieR View Post
    I'm sorry to have to say this, but the Guild Quest Rework is seriously unbalancing the game in favor of larger guilds. The rework is making the game much less fun for smaller guilds and even a very active but small guild will lose out on a TON of Guild Coins due to this change.

A practical example: In a small but active guild, members would get upwards of 70 Guild Coins per day, same as in any other guild able to complete their quests. And if there was a particularly unfavorable Guild Quest, leaders could cancel it for the entire guild to get a different one.

With these changes, I can no longer actively cancel a Guild Quest, I have to wait for it to time out before a new one is assigned. And even if my guild completes the quest, the guild members of this small guild are getting at most around 20 Guild Coins per completed quest, which is a THIRD of what everyone was getting before the rework, while as stated members of a large guild can get a good bit more than 200 Guild Coins for a completed quest. How is this "balanced"?

Again, I'm sorry, this "rework" is a major fail and should be rolled back or properly implemented as soon as possible to eliminate the difference in Guild Coin income between larger and smaller guilds, a difference that did not exist prior to this rework, in addition to making active cancelling of Guild Quests possible again and making it known which Guild Quest is next in line.
    Why should it be rolled back from everyone asap just because the new system might not work well in some small guilds? Medium to large guilds have suffered for years of the old system, losing lots of coins per week because they were stuck for same quests from days to even a week or they had to gamble and keep canceling in hope for better one and thus losing as well. Only solution was to kick inactive or semi active players out of the guild so they would not block the progress. The old system was in favor of small guilds getting easy quests even with high levels.

If you say you are getting around 20 coins per quest then how many members are there and how many are there even playing? 2-5 members? If their original intent or design(?) was that 10 "active" members is minimum for quests then that should be starting point when viewing things or maybe they should increase the requirement to fulfill the same estimate of inactives that the old system had.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 23.01.16 at 21:37.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    not true, i have had my production quests only start when i have come online
    Definitely did count the production from 2 am.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    There are some flaws in your argument:
    small active guilds should not be losing out as they can also gain more guild coins than they were previously getting
    -guilds with 10-20 members received a max of 70ggc in the old system, now can receive 75-115ggc max
    -there is now no longer a need to cancel guild quests, you get a new one daily, and those that can do the gq get coins, without being held up by those that cannot complete.
    -if your guild is only receiving 20ggc a day, then i would argue that your guild is NOT active, that is a completion rate of only 17-25% of your guild (based on 10-20 members)
    - why do you think a guild with fewer members should get the same rewards as a large guild? larger guilds have always received higher ggc rewards than smaller guilds, no one complained about this before.
    -A 10 man guild if all active can get marginally more ggc than before, chances are because of the dynamics of small guilds they will often not.
    -small guilds rarely cancelled gq in my experience they get them done even if it's wheels and carriages which they often felt they were losing money on.
    -some days especially in the week it's hard for some to find time to do the new gq they are long winded. this can significantly affect the hand in on the gq
    -Is the quest any different are the small guilds 100 gr worth less than yours ? Does the time it take to do 2 adventures seem less worthy. The balance of ggc should be for the quest the small bonus for number completing should be the bonus. Also before small guilds were not doing your type of quest, that's why no complaining.

Small guilds are not asking for the earth but at a guess they'd at least like to receive the 70 ggc they got before being as they are working so much harder to get them.

As an example if everyone got 70 ggc for handing in a gq then the bonus bar was 2 ggc per member a 10 man guild would get 90 ggc if everyone handed in, a 100 man guild would get 270 ggc if everyone handed in.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 23.01.16 at 22:00.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like the idea of the quest only being for a specific time. However as many people here have noted there are several things that need to change.
    1. remove the impossible production/adventure quests
    2. bring back the waiting quest to give players some chance of completing a production quest. I.e turn on the correct building
    3. enable the quest to start automatically not when the user may finally get online
    but this would require the Developers to listen to their players. I do think there is a better chance of hell freezing over but hay ho. I am not gonna bust a gut to do them now and i am sure as hell not gonna gem them at 107 a pop.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by halv12 View Post
    Some of the new quests for players over level 50 are very hard or even impossible to do for many - and are probably worst for those in the low end of interval ( 51-52 ).

But for players at level 50 or below the only difference is that they now can get quests that in old system was for certain guild sizes. That means that now players in big guilds can get quests that in old system was given to small guilds ( easier than those they used to get ) - and players in small guilds can get quests that was for big guilds ( harder than they used to be).

some lvl 50+ players think having to pay 100 granite is to expensive - but in old ( and new ) system a lvl 46 ( or maybe 47 ) can have to pay 40 cannon - I think that a harder quest.

with or without new system, BB had to make new quests for players above lvl 50. Now we got them and I hope some of them are adjusted or completely changed to make it possible to complete in less than 24 hours. ( I think 12 hours should be maximum considered players are from very different timezones ).
    Even 12 hours is too long, if you get online when you are home from work and go to bed around 11, then many have only 6 - 8 hours to do it in. We dont all have time to sit in front of computer all day.

But still I dont get why we have to stress at all.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

new Guild quests

Hi bobMoriarty.

Thanks for your words on the new guild quests.
    With all due respect to the work you have put in here, the content of these quests is off. The adventures do not suit the levels picked for them and are a waste of time and resources.

I dont believe you have picked up on the players purpose of doing guild quests and have successfully driven many guildies away from doing them.

I believe I have given it a reasonable crack, and would say that for the possible returns in guild coins, we are better using the huge amounts of time doing adventures and projects better suited to our advancement in the game. Put the quests back how they were please and perhaps it will be worth doing them.

All the best

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    1. there is no new quests for players at level 50 or below - and I think it is fair with new quests for players above level 50. What was not fair was that a level 60+ player earlier had same quest as a lvl 46 player.
    2. Some complain that it is no longer possible to cancel guild quest and want it back - why - in old system noone got guild coins if quest was cancelled - now those who dont do iet - still get nothing and those ( probably lower level players with cheaper quests ) will get some guild coins.
    3. Earlier a guild had to be very active to get quests done every day - so if you want to compare the guild coins you got in old system and new system you should have counted what you got 4 weeks in december - and compare that to 4 weeks after new system started.
    4. If we went back to old system then quests would not change - players above level 50 would still have to do the new quest, and if not enough was able to complete them then noone in guild would get the reward

Reply to Thread