Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild Quest Rework - Dev Blog

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sean14 View Post
    Mortallicus , thanks for your reply , i chose a small guild because adventure's were not part of the quest , i dont have the time to do adventure's very often and i would be letting the guild down if i chose a bigger one , before the change i was earning around 58 guild coin's now i earn around 23 guild coin's and have to pay more for them , it's true i dont need to be invovled with aquireing guild coin's to play but that will exclude me from what i feel is an important part of the game , this change is not an improvement from my position but it's just my contribution to the feed back
    Thank you I feel better For me the most important thing is that players do enjoy playing the game and staying within it whatever server , whether in a guild or not is their choice. I do understand about the shortage of time and real life is definitely more important. The only thing we have asked our members not to do is the knee jerk 'i must leave for the good of the guild, I am unable to do my part' as the most important thing for us are not the guild quests but the social side. A good chat with someone once a week is 'like striking gold' and if they slip in and out without doing guild quests and no time to speak no worries. All are here to enjoy the game or have some relief from real life issues.

I am currently still analysing the quests and how they affect each member that wants to do them and there is still not a full list. But even just doing 3 a week should bring in more guild coins than before for us and if this is not the case throughout the guild sizes then BB should address that to make it fairer.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm seeing a lot of *produce XX* guildquests. In itself not a problem, but the quest only starts when you're online.

I've had "produce 500 exotic wood planks* twice in a row. Exotic woodplanks are known for their ferocious battles against saws, and not impressed if you threaten them with fire. They're tuff logs, which make tuff planks, but it does take quite a while.
    During the week I'm just not online before late afternoon/early evening. I was unable to finish the quest twice, just not enough time remaining, while in fact I had produced more then 500 that day.

I thought it was meant to be a daily quest, but in fact it's a *remainder of the daily quest*, huge difference. And no, I dont want to log in in the morning, a game shouldn't dictate when I play, that certainly never was the character of this game. It's not a life*death-PvP game (hahah PvP, he said PvP!). Just get those tasks going when the quest is launched.

Oh and also wasnt able to finish a *complete victor the vicious*-quest, since I was on a different adventure that takes me more then 1 day during the week. 3 quests that were too much for me in 1 week, maybe bad luck, but not a good sign.

The only positive thing is we can stack things now, instead of endless rows of arguments why BB-developers are not fit for their job, I now have a *BB-fails* x327. Much easier. Done with quickly, and I'm off to not finishing guildquests again

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I think its way to expensive with Gq`s now and some are more or less impossible to make

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Im level 50 and in a small guild , i had to pay 25 cannon's to earn 40 something gc's but if i was in a big guild i could have had upto 260 gc's ??? does'nt realy look fair to me , it seem's to me the point of this change is to destroy small guilds in favour of bigger one's , then there's some quest's that are impossible to complete in time unless you complete it with gem's (money) , it's very clear to see the motives of BB_BobMoriarty's changes , im sorry but if this does'nt change to be more fair soon i will be saying bye bye to settler's . feedback / very dissapionted

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    24 hours is too short. Because it's not actually 24 hours. For people like me at least. I have a working life, and have about 5 hours available 'to do stuff' between coming home, and going to bed. This is on a good day. Those 5 hours are obviously not all gaming, but family time, eating dinner, doing everything that needs to be done apart form being the breadwinner And catching sleep. Realistically this means I have a couple of hours available I can play. In weekends sometimes more.

This means that any guild quest, regardless of what time it started, needs to be completed in that short time window of a couple of hours. Because when I come back online the following day, the next guild quest has already started and progress on the previous one has become meaningless.

Sure I can start "producing 800 sausages", which will take me 6 hours. But I can only press the 'complete guild quest' button once I come back online the next day when the quest is gone...

In other words, a guild quest really has to be 48 hours in order to give a player an actual 24 hours to complete something. I'm now in a situation where most quests are just not achievable because they require an adventure or production of stuff not possible in one sitting. This is putting pressure on me as an individual in my guild, because the guild wants to be more active, and not completing quests is a bad thing and cause for being kicked out. That would however result in most of the guild getting kicked at the moment...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    one easy fix to the 24 hr production time is to have (just as in the past) the next days guildquest in the waiting quest area. That should give 99% of players time to set up what they need (and/or start production the night before) so they are prepared the next day- like starting an adventure or arranging a swap the next day etc

So all persons that have the ability to coomplet eteh quest, including the ones that can't log in till the evening have a chance to complete by starting their production/setup etc the evening before and completing the next evening. A quick easy fix for issues of people not having enough time left to complete quests due to limited timeslots that they can be online

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasting View Post
    "waiting quest" back please.
    We need to know what the next quest is about. so we maybe can prepair for it
    I support the idea of getting back "waiting quest." For those of us whose GQ resets in the middle of our normal playing time, it makes one hesitate before starting a new adventure in case the gq requires a specific adventure as happens often enough. And then if the gq doesn't require an adventure, that amount of playing time has been wasted.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I logged on at 1pm GMT yesterday after being away and GQ was 'produce a tome' ... absolutely impossible in the time I had left and pushing it even if I'd logged on first thing in the morning.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    From my point of view:
    Lots of something (resources, producing... etc.) is needed to get very small amount of guild coins. And later,when you go to the guild market to use those guild coins, you can see that everything is overpriced. Seems that it is useless completing guild quest weather small or big guild.
    And "time" problem stays as all already pointed.

World
    Newfoundland
    A more cynical version of answered questions.

But my guild is very small. Would this mean that I'm being punished for not having a lot of members?

Yes of course. We have reworked the guild quest rewards so that over all everyone gets their rewards boosted compared to the previous iteration. However those with less members than other guilds will still be punished for it because the reward is still based on member participation thus if you have more members that participate you get more rewards. If you have fewer you get less rewards. Conclusion: If you want more rewards you need to leave your small guild of close friends and join a zerg guild full of strangers.

Do these changes mean that kicking inactive players is encouraged?

Yes of course. Nothing has really changed in this regard. Inactive players were removed from the guild quest pool under the old system so didn't hold up the rest of the guild anyway. And those active players that slacked while active but didn't/couldn't complete the guild quest in a timely manner were at risk of being kicked. Little has changed with this since if guild leaders see the same person never completing a guild quest time and time again the pressure will still be there to kick them and bring in a new member that will so the guild over all can get a better reward each day.

We believe that playing in a guild should provide no real guild activity or co-operation. If we did then we would have created quests that had more depth than an individual member completing what is essentially a single player quest and then providing an accumulation of how many members in the guild do this single player quest so a few more rewards can be handed out.

Has anything changed on the already existing quests?

Yes. We wanted to make sure our pointless guild quest sinkhole system couldn't be bypassed by a few gems each time so have now made the gem cost an extortionate amount like everything else in the game.

Hang on, the gem prices go up, but the individual rewards don't? That's very unfair!

Yes we know but we don't care. Instead we'll tell you some bull plop about devaluation when in reality the only thing that devalues guild coins is when what you can buy with them is a pile of manure.

Having a 24-hour limitation really puts a lot of pressure in our guild...

Guild quests were never intended to be in the game. We were hoping for just a button the player presses which takes them to a credit card details form where we charge them £10, give them a thank you screen then send them back to Google. But we suspected the players might want something more than that so we've packed the game with plenty of pointless, useless and boring content like guild quests.

Some quests are just unbeatable in 24 hours!

Yes we know but rather than adding some polish to a new feature and making sure it meets the high standard our players expect we just did the basics needed to get 'something' out there and will eventually get around to fixing everything wrong with it.

What are the plans for "the infamous quests that nobody wants to do"?

Leave them in there for as long as possible till we can figure out some quests that are just as bad. In the short term we'll provide an answer that doesn't actually give a direct answer to obfuscate the matter.

Why don't you do guild-wide cooperation quests, or something like that?

Because that might actually be fun. We're trying to make money here, not a game you crazy people! Instead we prefer to provide a system that superficially looks like guild members are collaborating to achieve rewards but in reality are just doing another single player quest then waiting/hoping others in the guild do the same thing.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Reply to Thread