Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild Quest Rework - Dev Blog

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by ambandil View Post
    no

coops are actually difficult to set up finish etc as you are dependent on others- esp with the 3/4 persons one. And all need to do their part at more or less the same time to not cause bottlenecks- So single person adventure, a lootspot or even a scenario is much easier solution than a coop. This revamp doesn't make coops more attractive, review of loots is needed for that
    A definitive no or yes does not work for this which is why is said 'could' It depends on the guild members.
    Of course there are simpler solutions its just what people may or may not want to do. I like more choice.
    I only made the point at all because they were being made by some to look worthless and they are not. Whirlwind for example might give glue in loot.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe the dev. can add something like guld quest tipe (old or new). and the guild lider decide what type of GQ wants for guild..
    Is it possible?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    *It would be great to see a string of posts from small guilds poking holes in this. That would mean the imbalance isn't as heavy as it appears.
    Small Guild here (Free Warriors), 14 members and 3 inactive... Since the change we get a lot less Guild Coins like most others... My biggest problem is that most of my Guild Quests involves adventures of some kind. Especially when it is a specific adventure I can't complete it. Partly because of not enough time and because I do VLT in a slow manor. I know this is my own fault, but that is how I prefer to play.

On the bright side I have saved up some Guild Coins in case something interesting and good is voted into the Guild Market.

Naveed1967
    would it be possible that as guild quest appear, a player having a choice to cancel it
    so if someone not interested in doing the specific guild quest, his/her resources won't be get deducted from his/her storage

regards,
    naveed

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Naveed1967 View Post
    would it be possible that as guild quest appear, a player having a choice to cancel it
    so if someone not interested in doing the specific guild quest, his/her resources won't be get deducted from his/her storage

regards,
    naveed
    there is no need to cancel, just don't do it. The quest will then end at midnight gmt and you get a new one the next day. Resources aren't taken unless you press that green tick.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    As leader of a large guild I must say that I am mostly very happy with the recent changes to the guild quests. However I do feel that the quests that require us to produce high end weapons Particularly 500 gunpowder are a bit too difficult. With a level 5 powder hut buffed at x4 it takes over 9 hours to produce 500 which means you need to start production before 3pm GMT or it will not complete in time. As most people are at work during the day and do not come online until early evening this makes the task impossible to complete within the time given. I can only assume that the total should have been 50 like the xbow one and there has been a typo.
    As has been mentioned numerous times in this forum. If the tasks are too hard then people will just not bother so the effort put into creating it is wasted.

I also think a waiting quest slot would be handy so we can prepare if its a long winded quest
    Last edited by procell; 26.01.16 at 19:29.

World
    Sandycove
    +1 procell
    totally agree it might have been a typo, just doing one with produce 1000 intermediate paper, had to build another bunch of level 1 buildings and hopefully it will be done in time...

BB please fix those nonsenses, cannot be this was intended this way.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Although I don't have an issue with the change to the way GQs work, some of the new quests are a joke. It also seems that they now want you to log on at multiple times to complete the quests. Previously you could log on once a day and by the time you had done what you usually do, your production for the quest was complete. Now I've been triple or quad buffing just to get it finished on time and then have to try and log on while I'm at work to click on complete.
    They either need to change this theory or let you click on an auto-complete when production finished type button.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    First I'd like to thank devs for paying attention to the guild aspect of this game - more of that, please - and then I'd like to congratulate Tripi for having suggested such changes now made.
    Spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    It could be a lot simpler if BB just changed the manner GQ worked.
    At the moment an entire guild is penalized if a few members become leachers/slackers, whereas they should really only reward those focused on participation.

Guilds kick people for failing GQ = people leave the game = Bad business model = obviously needs a rethink

The simplest way to do this would be:
    One GQ per day, every day.
    Whoever completes that gets their guild coins and a bonus depending on how many actually complete during the day.
    This still rewards stronger, more active guilds and yet allows other guilds to exist without penalizing some players simply because a few guild members cannot complete GQ every day.

I didn't like the suggested changes and still do not; but I can live with them as eventhough they have reduced the possibilty to really coop, more players do participate in and enjoy doing the GQ than I thought would do - we're a big guild, getting a lot more coins now.
    That said, I think the GQ Rewards are not fair to smaller guilds and too generous to bigger ones.

I think you'd better cut GQ Rewards by 3 and add 75 to the individual rewards.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Great translation... thanks..

Reply to Thread