Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild Quest Rework - Dev Blog

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I can't honestly believe someone is defending the more irrational quests, it's ok for meta-gamers to sit round hoarding stuff in preparation for all 60 odd quests, just incase they pop up. But being as mortal folk don't have the resources to do this it's unlikely they will. If a quest is bad the feedback thread is there for people to say it's bad, no one could test any of this beforehand so now is the chance to do so. We have the best opportunity now to actually get BB to change 1 or 2. Saying just skip it is not really a solution, given the track record of guild quests previously it is probable you could get this quest more than once a week, how much stuff are you going to store in preparation ?
    Feedback is for all view points good and yes bad. The mix is the best possible way to help BB move forward and make the right decisions to try and make all players (we are all mortal by the way) reasonably happy. Hitting out at each other is not good debating and is unhelpful.

The quests are not hard as such just that we did not know what they were all going to be and were and still are ill prepared. Some find it easy to make a codex within 24 hours and they are not meta-gamers or hoarders just think differently to someone else who has their isle producing masses of bronze swords and bows often to give away to other members of their guild . For BB to make a reasonable judgment they have to hear both sides of a debate and we should all listen to each other. I have been known to change my view at least a little if not completely because of another's post.

I am level 55 and could not complete the codex quest today. Personally, I am bored with the science chain. I am not going to skill up every geo and explorer and see the costs to do so just mount up and up for me its like watching paint dry. But i will do my best to have a few books in stock so I cam do these quests for my guild mates. There are others in my guild who have skilled all their geos etc and now have to pay a huge amount in resources to make more codex. They are doing them though or aiming to.

I do think the science chain is flawed and needs review by BB urgently. Maybe we should suggest they remove the science quests until they have solved the Bookbinder problems and the costs to produce the items.

I am enjoying having to use the Economy Overview more. I do not mind building 1 building I did not have and knowing that now i can produce some of that item. Its good to finally have a use for a building I had already but slept all the time. Overall I think BB have done a great job.

The rewards are generous because we are not expected to be able to do every quest and if we don't then we still earn more guild coins than before.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

World
    Sandycove
    Hello, I lost one day and my daily reward. My guild task was to complete the adventure : The Dark priests, but I was in vlt adventure already which was rtf. So, because I lost all of my army (Recruits) in the vlt, I could not finish my guild task. I tried to find a frined in my guild and TO chat room, but without success. It's weird that I had all those days some easy tasks, like sell this-buy that as my guild task, but when I lost all my units I got an adv. I have wife, chiled, job and I can login only once per day, but I can login every day, so this game need to be some sort of "players friendly type of the game". Price which we need to pay with gems is too high, more than half of what we get for one week. Thanks and gl.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafarona View Post
    Hello, I lost one day and my daily reward. My guild task was to complete the adventure : The Dark priests, but I was in vlt adventure already which was rtf. So, because I lost all of my army (Recruits) in the vlt, I could not finish my guild task. I tried to find a frined in my guild and TO chat room, but without success. It's weird that I had all those days some easy tasks, like sell this-buy that as my guild task, but when I lost all my units I got an adv. I have wife, chiled, job and I can login only once per day, but I can login every day, so this game need to be some sort of "players friendly type of the game". Price which we need to pay with gems is too high, more than half of what we get for one week. Thanks and gl.
    A whole guild unavailable to do DP for you and give you a lootspot? I would be looking for a new guild.

World
    Sandycove
    My guild is small, few players have mma and few dracul (my one and only fast G is Dracul), many do not have more than 3 tavern generals as we recruiting new members now. [removed]
    Today my guild task is Witch Of The Swamp, but I'm upgrading barracks to lvl 5, just start it and got this task, weird if you ask me, this system is not OK, ls should be enough ...

Please keep guild recruiting in the guild recruitment forums
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 11.02.16 at 12:27.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Here's hoping the guild grows in numbers and strength for you Fafarona.

World
    Newfoundland
    Again, please the Blue Byte, let the guild quests reset at a time when we awake, not in the mid night, when everyone is sleeping. I can't afford to wait till 1 AM to trigger the new guild quest before going to sleep, otherwise I have only 7 hours left to do that guild quest tomorrow. Pretty please!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have observed that the price of guild coins has rocketed since the change which would suggest that it is not favourable; market forces never lie!

Matters would be improved by ignoring inactive members in the total. So, a guild of 25 with 5 inactive members should reach 100% if the 20 active members complete the quest. The guild coins paid would be based on 20 members. (I guess the player would have to be inactive for the whole 24 hours to be ignored.) I'm assuming that 100% in a 20 "member" guild would pay more guild coins than 80% of a 25 member guild. If not, then my suggestion isn't worth the ether it's written on
    Last edited by CharlieMuffin; 30.01.16 at 12:42.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMuffin View Post
    I'm assuming that 100% in a 20 "member" guild would pay more guild coins than 80% of a 25 member guild. If not, then my suggestion isn't worth the ether it's written on
    100% in a 20 member guild = 115 guild coins
    80% of a 25 member guild = 104 guild coins

So yes it would pay more.

Having said that, I disagree with the suggestion of 'ignoring' inactive members as I think not counting inactives was part of the reason we have a new system in the first place.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMuffin View Post
    I have observed that the price of guild coins has rocketed since the change which would suggest that it is not favourable; market forces never lie!
    i am interested to know what the new price is as i pushed the price to 10gc per guild coin and it had nothing to do with the new change and i did it before the change even took place

Reply to Thread