Reply to Thread

Thread: Buildings at Level 21

Blltong

Buildings at Level 21

Hi fellow addicts!
    I have been bumbling along, with a little bit of help from players on Sandycove.
    My problem when I started was to overbuild. A few people paid a visit and told me I had too many buildings, and spread all over the place.
    I have since used the "move" command, and placement of stoehouses to have a more ordered layout.
    My problem is still working out how many of each unit I should place, to have an optimal number, not too many, not too little.

As of today, this is what I have, with no units with the dreaded red exclamation.
    At the start of the Iron Age:
    6 Farms

5 Foresters
    5 Woodcutters
    4 Sawmills

6 Masons
    5 Fisherman
    6 Copper mines
    4 Coking
    2 Toolmakers
    4 Copper smelters
    2 Bronze Weaponsmits = deleted
    2 Brewery
    1 Finesmith
    2 Simple paper mill
    2 Mills
    1 Bakery
    1 Brewery

2 Hardwood forester - (will later increase hardwood units- at build limit)
    1 Hardwood cutter
    1 Hardwood Sawmill

2 Marble masons
    2 Iron smelter
    3 Iron mine
    1 Iron weaponsmith

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

World
    Newfoundland
    This game is less about how many buildings you have , and more about what your economy overview says. You want your economy balanced and production in the green. To achieve this you build as many of the needed buildings as necessary, or upgrade them to save on licenses. When you find you are maybe lacking in a needed resource, such as bronze swords to make army, then you need to think about increasing that whole production line.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    At level 21 you probably have yet to clear the mainland of bandits, so as yet you have yet to see the full potential of your island. Also this means you still have more free licences to earn through clearing sectors. What I suggest is you have now reached the point where you may start to think about what sort of production to specialize in so as to earn coin through trade.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Blltong
    @Kit. Its a great disappointment to me if this game is all about "Economic Overview". A player can use the "ratios" ad nauseam , still get all greens, but have few, or many many buildings. The trick is to know how many of each production chain will make this a fun game.

Reply to Thread