Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: science

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy2204 View Post
    +1 on faster/queing books but not a 2nd bookbinder sorry no room for another
    I can see this being a bit of a nightmare to program though as u can't make a codex without available tomes and also the costs change

Maybe a better solution would be if it auto produced manuscripts like any other production building with the option to make tomes and codexes seperately within the same building, I don't mind parting with an extra worker to do the job if needed but i'm still not gonna pay him :P
    I think this could work - just queue manuscripts. That way changes in cost do not have to be accounted for. Queue as many manuscripts as you want, and when they are finished (or you cancel some and the last one is done) you can queue some more, or do a different book. Nice compromise.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    There is no problem queueing troops of different costs. The lack of queueing on bookbinder is more likely on purpose*.

*forcing relogging, more time in game is more spent on gems, finishing an item early to start the next is more spent on gems etc.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    There is no problem queueing troops of different costs. The lack of queueing on bookbinder is more likely on purpose*.

*forcing relogging, more time in game is more spent on gems, finishing an item early to start the next is more spent on gems etc.
    The difference is that the number of recruits you build does not affect the cost of a soldier.
    The number of tomes you build affects how many manuscripts it will require. The cost changes up to a point.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1
    Allowing queuing somehow.
    I love Settlers Online and here is the guild forum

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Girly68 View Post
    well Bluesavanah without suggestion not at all
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post294112

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    The difference is that the number of recruits you build does not affect the cost of a soldier.
    The number of tomes you build affects how many manuscripts it will require. The cost changes up to a point.
    Ya, that's a fair point. It still shouldn't prevent it though. It's only a question of an extra line of code I'd imagine, to check the value of the variable for books made so far before adding an item to the queue.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    more than 1 line of code. easy enuff to check if u have enuff manu;s when tome is next up in queue, but if not then what? programming stuff is pretty easy really, getting it to work in a presentable way to the end user is a bit more difficult...

how about an epic bookmaker? similar to the woodyard

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Not going to bandy words with you about just how many lines of code vigs XD (or we could take it to G1, and liven up the place a bit). I've done a bit of programming and it bores me rigid, I think we should settle on "some lines of code".
    As far as I can tell it simply needs to check the status of "some variables" including $tomes_total_count (or whatever it is) before putting the next item in the queue. If any of you are actual programmers as opposed to those like me who just dabbled and then got distracted by a fly or something you can correct me :P.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It's not about can it be done it's about should it be done. How would you suggest handling the unbalancing effect of this suggestion ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread