Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Feedback about each guild quest after the revision

World
    Northisle
    I don't mind The Marble Bridge, I think it's perfectly possible with buffs. But I agree lonely marble should count.

That said I don't mind the VLT quests either as working as a guild I think it's easy to get done.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Bring back 'waiting guild quest'. So we know we shouldn't start C/S/B/HLT or alibaba in the evening. Because finishing it and a vlt the next day is pretty hard for most lvl 50-55 players.

World
    Sandycove
    this is only my review of the matter but i suspect many will agree quests enlisted below need some trimming:

Main Guild Quest: A Wild Bet
    Personal Subquest: Don't recal
    Requirements: Fill meat with 10000, move 2 hunters.
    Player level: 52
    Complaint: moving cost - at lvl5 it's additional 500 marble + 500 gold coins per each move, taking into account many have a well organized placing it's back and forth to move them so the overall price jumps to 2k water + 3k fish + 2k marble + 2k gold coins which is pretty absurd.

Main Guild Quest: The Stormy Shores
    Personal Subquest: Huff and Puff
    Requirement(s): Pay 100 Granite from your storage. ~ Produce at least 500 Exotic Wood Plank(s).
    Player level: 51-65
    Complaint: Depending on the level of Exotic Sawmill this might be impossible or very close to it (just for info, per each level you can have +58/12h at best)
    This one could be considered impossible as it's obvious you cant fulfill the task even with a x4 buff on a lvl1 building, should probably be "produce at least 300 planks"

Main guild quest: Retirement Plan
    Personal Subquest: Surprise Party
    Requirements: Produce 500 exotic planks and have 5 friends buff you with Aunt Irma's Gift Baskets
    Player Level: 51-65
    Complaint: See the previous one above, goes to the same basket

Main: The way home
    Sub quest: Make a codex and pay 25 gold coins
    Complaint: the GQ says enough for itself, even with a lvl6 bookbinder it takes 14 hours if you have the book ready, otherwise - forget it or gem it.

Main Guild Quest: The good generals
    Personal Subquest: Ready the artillery
    1) Produce 500 gunpowder
    2) buy 300 exotic planks
    Complaint: Produce 500 gunpowder, +39/12h at best per building level, i think it says enough...

Main Guild Quest: Rain of Gold
    Personal Subquest: Royal Picnic
    1) Pay 100 gold coins
    2) Produce enough Golden Mug to obtain 100 coins
    Complaint: Produce 100 coins in Provision house ? Are you serious ? it's 10.000 brew we need so we're able to make adventures and pay that granite when the next GQ pops up ! Absolutely ridiculous, even more than the pay granite ones...

Main Guild Quest: All the Shiny Roads
    Personal Subquest: Brand New Signs
    Requirements: Produce at least 2000 Marble, Pay 100 Exotic Planks from your storage
    Level: 51-65
    Complaint: Produce 2000 marble, in best cases (storehouse next to mason which is really next to his dedicated deposit) average production per building level is kinda modest +75/12h, taking that into account it is needed at least 4x lvl4 masons buffed with a x2 buff to meet the goal under 12 hours, IF you havent been caught up at the bad time and your deposits don't run out, obtainable but tricky because we cannot demolish the deposit to find it again, there are RPH marble refills available in the game but very unlikely one will use them, and certainly not the whole guild.

Main Guild Quest: The Mapmaker
    Personal Subquest: Printouts
    Requirements: Produce at least 1000 Intermediate Paper ~ Pay 200 Printing press letters from your storage
    Complaint: Produce 1000 paper - it is +60/12h per building level at best, and it is asking for 1000, enough said...

Main Guild Quest: Fallen Army
    Personal Subquest: Replenishing Weapons
    Requirements: Produce at least 350 Titanium. Buy at least 100 Platinum ore by trading with other players
    Complaint: Produce 350 Titanium, +43/12 per building level at best, requires at least level 2 smelter, friend buff (18h) of exotic basket to hit the goal (+387 total)

Some really leaving no time to do anything beside playing the TSO, isn't it ?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think we have 2- 3- 4 treads already about this

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I think we have 2- 3- 4 treads already about this
    Not exactly.

The goal of the original, and the aim of this one, was to look at the different new requirements specifically and more objectively as people encounter them or look closely at their islands and their life schedules. I actually waited a week before c/ping the idea, it looked so straightforward and reasonable I was waiting for it go up globally. The other threads are definitely useful but seem often to lean a little more toward emotion rather than clear and defined statements of experience. While it's not wrong to say "I hate the new stuff! >:[" or "I looove the new stuff!" it may be a little more helpful to include all the reasons why and numbers to back up statements, if possible. It seemed it might be useful to have one thread for just that and the several other threads for the actual discussions.

So here are two that recently made me raise an eyebrow, for different reasons:

Main Quest: The Floating Island
    Personal Subquest: The More the Merrier
    Requirements: Produce at least 25 Aunt Irma's Gift Basket(s). ~ Produce at least 300 Brew.
    Levels 51 - 65

The Irma's Baskets seem reasonable, even easy in a level 6 Prov. That's 2hrs 5min to produce and there is an opportunity to use them in another GQ. The "produce at least 300 Brew" is a total giveaway unless you buy all your brew, so much so I wondered if the number is correct. I don't mind easy at all, but this is very very easy.

With an individual reward of 19 guild coins BB has grouped the one above in the set of 'more difficult' quests while the next had an individual reward of only 13 and is apparently considered "easier":

Main Quest: The Way Home
    Personal Subquest: Stranded: The Novel
    Requirements: Produce at least 1 Codex/Codices. ~ Pay 25 Coins from your storage.
    Levels 51 - 65

While the coins are easy peasy, I only barely managed the Codex with a Small Glue Buff and 12 minutes to spare. It takes more than 11 hours to start, produce, and collect a Codex with a level 6 Bookbinder and the most accessible buff, assuming you have the Tomes. Due to real life commitments if my timezone had been any earlier there's No Way it would have happened.

Basically, if BB are reviewing GQs *now*, and it appears they are, this is really a one time opportunity to get specific opinions in while the door is open, if requirements are changed it seems unlikely they'll be changed again any time soon.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 11.02.16 at 16:40. Reason: tweak - tyop

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    On behalf of the lvl 46-50 group:

Main Guild Quest: Dagger island
    Personal Subquest: Backup firepower
    Requirement(s): Pay 25 Cannons from your storage.
    Buy at least 5 Cannons from other players

Main Guild Quest: Rain of gold
    Personal Subquest: Shooting gold
    Requirement(s): Pay 20 Cannons from your storage.
    Own 30 Cavalry

Main Guild Quest: Unique Prison
    Personal Subquest: Reinforced Towers
    Requirement(s): Buy at least 30 Cannons from other players.
    Complete an adventure losing fewer than 50 Soldiers.

Main Guild Quest: The landlords
    Personal Subquest: Decorative weaponry
    Requirement(s): Pay 30 Cannons from your storage.
    Use 2,800 Musk Deer Fragrance to refill a meat deposit.

Main Guild Quest: Fun With Snow
    Personal Subquest: Friendly Deer
    Requirement(s): Experience at least 2 new Adventures.
    Sell at least 30 Cannons by trading with other players.

Main Guild Quest: The good generals
    Personal Subquest: Ready the cannoneers
    Requirement(s): Pay 40 Cannons from your storage.
    Use 3,200 Musk Deer Fragrance to refill a meat deposit.

Main Guild Quest: The Yellow Caravan
    Personal Subquest: Cannon Trade
    Requirement(s): Buy at least 30 Cannons from other players.
    Experience at least 2 new Adventures.

While you're at it BB, can you please look at those as well and think about levels 46 and 47 who can't make cannons ?
    Its only 7 quests and you came up with a lot of new ones, for the new levels, already. Those shouldn't take long
    Or else put cannons back in the loot

World
    Sandycove
    I think ALL adventure quests should be changed from "do [specific adventure]" to just "[do any adventure]" - it still makes people work for their guild coins and would promote assistance/cooperation in the guilds

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The Wizards:
    [46 - 50] Honor the Wizards
    Produce enough Golden Brew Mug to obtain 10 Coins.
    Complete an adventure losing fewer than 50 Recruits.

Had a guy in our guild today who was running a VLT which takes him about 3 days. Basically this means the only way of completing is a loot spot where the owner has used militia instead of recruits, to make this worse the obvious loot spots are adventures which are also required for named adventures one of which is not available from the merchant the other can be brought with gems. This leaves somebody in the position of having to waste approx 500 militia just to help a guild mate complete a GQ.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    The Wizards:
    [46 - 50] Honor the Wizards
    Produce enough Golden Brew Mug to obtain 10 Coins.
    Complete an adventure losing fewer than 50 Recruits.

Had a guy in our guild today who was running a VLT which takes him about 3 days. Basically this means the only way of completing is a loot spot where the owner has used militia instead of recruits, to make this worse the obvious loot spots are adventures which are also required for named adventures one of which is not available from the merchant the other can be brought with gems. This leaves somebody in the position of having to waste approx 500 militia just to help a guild mate complete a GQ.
    If the loot spot is done losing less than 50 recruits that would fulfill it (for the person doing the ls). It doesn't depend on what the adventure owner used.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    If the loot spot is done losing less than 50 recruits that would fulfill it (for the person doing the ls). It doesn't depend on what the adventure owner used.
    Unless the mechanic for quests has changed since the last time (years ago) when I had a lose less than quest then it's total losses for all players being less than the amount stated. For Achievments it's just the player with the achievment what counts and not the others on the adventure. If the quest mechanic has changed then I will be glad to hear about that.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread