Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Feedback about each guild quest after the revision

World
    Sandycove
    One thing I am not known for is my memory, so I'm open to correction. The last I remember (and this is going back to such things as doing certain quests loosing less than x for achievements - Horseback had a couple?) it worked for you if met the criterion yourself. But that was achievements - perhaps this is different?

I could easily be mistaken on this so apologies if that is the case.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    As Dorotheus has already stated, Achievements work differently in that respect.
    For Quests, losses for all players count to determine success or failure of the task.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    As Dorotheus has already stated, Achievements work differently in that respect.
    For Quests, losses for all players count to determine success or failure of the task.
    Duh - Dorotheus said that very clearly and I completely missed it and apologies to all. It's been one of those days.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Unless the mechanic for quests has changed since the last time (years ago) when I had a lose less than quest then it's total losses for all players being less than the amount stated. For Achievments it's just the player with the achievment what counts and not the others on the adventure. If the quest mechanic has changed then I will be glad to hear about that.
    it has indeed been changed (without any notice from bb) some while back now. It used to be that all troops used by all players counted for the quest, but now it ONLY counts what you yourself have used. Great when doing quests saying 'lose less than', as a lootspot works fine. Used this myself and others in my guild.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    it has indeed been changed (without any notice from bb) some while back now. It used to be that all troops used by all players counted for the quest, but now it ONLY counts what you yourself have used. Great when doing quests saying 'lose less than', as a lootspot works fine. Used this myself and others in my guild.
    Thanks for clearing that up Kit.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urgh123 View Post
    this is only my review of the matter but i suspect many will agree quests enlisted below need some trimming:

Main Guild Quest: A Wild Bet
    Personal Subquest: Don't recal
    Requirements: Fill meat with 10000, move 2 hunters.
    Player level: 52
    Complaint: moving cost - at lvl5 it's additional 500 marble + 500 gold coins per each move, taking into account many have a well organized placing it's back and forth to move them so the overall price jumps to 2k water + 3k fish + 2k marble + 2k gold coins which is pretty absurd.

Main Guild Quest: The Stormy Shores
    Personal Subquest: Huff and Puff
    Requirement(s): Pay 100 Granite from your storage. ~ Produce at least 500 Exotic Wood Plank(s).
    Player level: 51-65
    Complaint: Depending on the level of Exotic Sawmill this might be impossible or very close to it (just for info, per each level you can have +58/12h at best)
    This one could be considered impossible as it's obvious you cant fulfill the task even with a x4 buff on a lvl1 building, should probably be "produce at least 300 planks"

Main guild quest: Retirement Plan
    Personal Subquest: Surprise Party
    Requirements: Produce 500 exotic planks and have 5 friends buff you with Aunt Irma's Gift Baskets
    Player Level: 51-65
    Complaint: See the previous one above, goes to the same basket

Main: The way home
    Sub quest: Make a codex and pay 25 gold coins
    Complaint: the GQ says enough for itself, even with a lvl6 bookbinder it takes 14 hours if you have the book ready, otherwise - forget it or gem it.

Main Guild Quest: The good generals
    Personal Subquest: Ready the artillery
    1) Produce 500 gunpowder
    2) buy 300 exotic planks
    Complaint: Produce 500 gunpowder, +39/12h at best per building level, i think it says enough...

Main Guild Quest: Rain of Gold
    Personal Subquest: Royal Picnic
    1) Pay 100 gold coins
    2) Produce enough Golden Mug to obtain 100 coins
    Complaint: Produce 100 coins in Provision house ? Are you serious ? it's 10.000 brew we need so we're able to make adventures and pay that granite when the next GQ pops up ! Absolutely ridiculous, even more than the pay granite ones...

Main Guild Quest: All the Shiny Roads
    Personal Subquest: Brand New Signs
    Requirements: Produce at least 2000 Marble, Pay 100 Exotic Planks from your storage
    Level: 51-65
    Complaint: Produce 2000 marble, in best cases (storehouse next to mason which is really next to his dedicated deposit) average production per building level is kinda modest +75/12h, taking that into account it is needed at least 4x lvl4 masons buffed with a x2 buff to meet the goal under 12 hours, IF you havent been caught up at the bad time and your deposits don't run out, obtainable but tricky because we cannot demolish the deposit to find it again, there are RPH marble refills available in the game but very unlikely one will use them, and certainly not the whole guild.

Main Guild Quest: The Mapmaker
    Personal Subquest: Printouts
    Requirements: Produce at least 1000 Intermediate Paper ~ Pay 200 Printing press letters from your storage
    Complaint: Produce 1000 paper - it is +60/12h per building level at best, and it is asking for 1000, enough said...

Main Guild Quest: Fallen Army
    Personal Subquest: Replenishing Weapons
    Requirements: Produce at least 350 Titanium. Buy at least 100 Platinum ore by trading with other players
    Complaint: Produce 350 Titanium, +43/12 per building level at best, requires at least level 2 smelter, friend buff (18h) of exotic basket to hit the goal (+387 total)

Some really leaving no time to do anything beside playing the TSO, isn't it ?
    is there any quests thats not too hard for you? from your list i agree produce codex and produce 500 powder to be little too hard.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jpo86 View Post
    is there any quests thats not too hard for you? from your list i agree produce codex and produce 500 powder to be little too hard.
    Urgh seems to represent the vast majority of players just getting into the level 51-65 bracket, they play for fun. Their Island was perfectly capable of getting to 50 if somewhat slowly. The vast majority of buildings in the epic category are probably level 3 or 4, some they might not of got past level 1. Granite is still a luxury item so it is used carefully and with consideration. They all know that they will need to save quite a bit back for when they get to elite buildings. Virtually all the quests he has listed are problematic to average players.

You and I might not struggle at all but there will be many that do, some have even been kicked from guilds, others have left because of the added pressure the quests are causing. When something that is supposed to be a small part of the game starts to dominate your every playing second it is bad and should be addressed.

The lights are going out on large chunks of my friends list and not returning and my friends list is vast, this should not be just another nail in the coffin for this game.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Main Guild Quest: The Landlords
    Personal Subquest: The Hardest Swords
    1/ Pay 50 Damascene swords from storage
    2/ Complete VLT

Both tasks are green all I have to do is click the button but am refusing to do that due to rewards offered not covering the value of the goods donated to BB's trash can.
    Our guild has 24 members, most have limited online time, some are long term afk.
    Since the new system was introduced GQ completions have fallen off dramatically.
    Currently the reward I stand to make from clicking the 'complete' button is 15ggc for doing my bit and 27ggc from the multiplier.
    I've had a trade up for hours offering all 42ggc I would get from completing this GQ for the 50 Damascene swords it's going to cost.
    No takers, proving the reward is under the market value of the goods I stand to lose.
    The VLT was done due to a ls being offered at just the right time (Before the GQ rollover)
    Only 5 out of 24 have done todays GQ all of them are players lvl 45 or under. Higher lvl players seem to be leaving the GQ's due to costs/rewards ratio or the time constraints of their tasks do not fit with their time online.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Bluesavanah, in defence of my last comment to Urgh. i am part of that vast majority of players i leveled to 51 maybe 2 weeks ago, and dont even own a gempit so most quests are doable to us newer players if you have basic buildings at decent lvl. i just got annoyed that he seemed to complain every since quest, i agree there are some ridiculously hard ones. and why ppl are leaving this game because gq's i dont understand, coins arent the whole game and they can always form a guild that do not take stress about guildquest

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jpo86 View Post
    Bluesavanah, in defence of my last comment to Urgh. i am part of that vast majority of players i leveled to 51 maybe 2 weeks ago, and dont even own a gempit so most quests are doable to us newer players if you have basic buildings at decent lvl. i just got annoyed that he seemed to complain every since quest, i agree there are some ridiculously hard ones. and why ppl are leaving this game because gq's i dont understand, coins arent the whole game and they can always form a guild that do not take stress about guildquest
    I agree players should move on if their guild is putting undue pressure on them to complete the GQ all the time, I personally operate a system where folks can miss quests and only ask that they endeavour to be able to do them in the weeks and months ahead. But I do think this is not an easy decision people have formed friendships over the years inside guilds and faced with letting the guild mates down daily basis they have two choices, change guilds or walk away and some have taken the latter choice. I don't think this is good for the game over something as trivial as a few ggc.

Reply to Thread