Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback about each guild quest after the revision

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

Feedback about each guild quest after the revision

Borrowing this idea and thread title in its entirety from the German forum because it seems a useful one.

To paraphrase a portion of: BB_Orowa's original post,

With the conversion of the guild quest system there are now various new or old-but-unfamiliar guild quests in the quest rotation for each guild, as well as the new 24 hour, 00.00 GMT, time limit for quest completion.

There has been a lot of discussion in various threads about the changes so it may be a little more organised and easier to follow if there is one thread devoted to actual game experience with specific quests.

Something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Orowa via Google Translate

Useful Information:

- Name of the guild quest
    - Classification, such as: "(Almost) impossible" or "too hard"
    - Objectives of quests (Possibly Screenshot)
    - Why are the targets difficult to achieve?

Example:

QUEST NAME XYZ - Almost impossible:

For 2 days a guild quest was not made by a player. Today 500 gunpowder must be produced.

500 Gunpowder / Powder Mill lvl 5 = 100 x 2 = 50 x buffed (18min.30 sec) = 1110 minutes = 18.5 hours
    Might also include player level and/or guild size to cover more bases, as appropriate.

Old, now removed, size brackets as a point of reference: [10 - 20 members] [21 - 35 members] [36 - 55 members] [56 - 100 members]

Since it seems BB are looking more closely at the quests now, now is probably a good time to weigh in. Or, if everyone's made their peace after a week of them, give it a miss.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 28.01.16 at 16:51. Reason: Added sizes

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    So how come the community manager can post in german... but not in english for those who dont speak german?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Maybe because Orawa plays the game at level 50+ and so sees the issues?

Well done on bringing this over Iolanthe.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Guild quest: The Way Home, Subquest: Stranded, The Novel

Impossible for anyone who doesn't login close to the start of the quest. Similarly impossible when the same quest comes up just 8 days after 1st time.

Impossible to achieve as to make a codex requires the production of 10/15 manuscripts and thence 2/3 tomes in order to produce the codex.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 01.02.16 at 18:42.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFairy View Post
    So how come the community manager can post in german... but not in english for those who dont speak german?
    This might be why we never get any feedback what so ever. BB only speaks German
    It sucks and it gives me and I think many others the feeling that we talking to a door.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I think the guild quests need sorting as there is to many that need you to do a adventure as our guild has had mostly adventures this week, now this stops us being able to do adventures of our own or we will have to let the guild down

World
    Northisle
    +1 for 'The Way Home' - Make a codex. With a level 5 (unbuffed) bookbinder you need 16hrs to do this. So I have to log on before 8am to make sure I can do this one???????? And that's presuming I have the correct books in stock to make it. I have no problem with having the relevant stock of stuff. I'll make sure I hold 2 in stock but the time limit is a bit (very) tight.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    yes i also have that prob, a lvl 3 bookbinder it will take me 3 days unbuffed, to make a Codex , this is a gr8 new system , but really BB??? need a reality check i guess

World
    Northisle
    Guild quest: The Way Home, Subquest: Stranded, The Novel

On my level 6 bookbinder, without any starting book it would have taken 5x10h (5 manuscripts) + 12h (tome) + 14h (codex).
    And I'm far from the maximum price for the codex, else it would have multiplied the make time.
    I'm glad I had some books ready even if I didn't plan to make a codex.

We have to discover and document BB 'features' by ourselves once again and some of us have to use gems because they couldn't prepare properly.

Conclusion: please remove this 'make a codex' quest or at least replace it with a 'make a manuscript' one that would not require preparations that take more time than we have to do the quest.

Edit: Despite this issue, the new GQ system is great
    Last edited by SillYcoNe; 02.02.16 at 17:49.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    To me the quest The marble bridge, subquest robust foundations is a little excessive in it's demands. Depending on how your island is organised.

A marble mason at 5 produces around 350 marble per 12 hours, so to complete the quest in good time you probably need 5 or so marble masons at 5 double buffed. I'd prefer the quest to be acquire 2000 marble. On northisle I hardly ever build mines so I only have 2 marble masons, the game for higher level players is geared towards Arctic / industrial / special goldmines. I can still do the quest just about in 24 hours with 2 but tbh it's a pain.

Maybe the marble you can make in provisions house could be used also so the quest could read produce 2000 marble / Lonely Marble.

Reply to Thread