Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Allow us to buy star coins

World
    Newfoundland

Allow us to buy star coins

New content caught many players unprepared for removal of star coins, although technically we can still get star coins from mini quests, that amount is not nearly enough for many players, even for buffs let alone collecting 900 coins to buy premium tokens. Seeing beans are in abundance these days you could place 5k beans for 100 star coins option or work out any ratio of your own, which I`m sure people would find useful. Also valour points have little to no use at the moment since defense towers aren`t worth buying, so another option to convert those to star coins would also be nice to see.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Bad idea. Getting a bit tired of the hardcore traders expecting to buy their way through the levels without actually playing the adventures. By keeping things like star coins and books untradeable it stops the small cabal of traders who already have a huge influence on in-game pricing from totally dominating the game.

One of the best aspects of this game is that players can take different approaches, emphasising either trade or adventuring. Currently the 2 different routes are reasonably well balanced. Making everything tradeable pretty much destroys that.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Newfoundland
    My idea was simply to give everybody a chance to play the game on more less fair terms, and since not all players have gempits or can buy gems even any chance to get some more star coins and buy 1 day premium would mean a lot to them, and cooldown time would prevent anyone from `buying their way through lvls` as you put it. After all people can trade star coins buffs already via gift and I haven`t noticed many of those transactions.

World
    Northisle
    I think star coins for stalks not beans and i would say 5000 stalks for 100 star coins be a fair exchange.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Since the big change removed star coins from loot it has become almost impossible to get a 1 day prem unless you had been playing your years and had a stock built up. this has created a big divide between the haves and have not's. With the price of beans dropping rapidly into it is now not viable to spend the resources on a VLT to only get a single lot of loot. The 1 Day prem was at least a way for us to make it viable. Add to that the removal of weekly maintenance which allowed us to stretch a 1 day prem to last almost 2 days with a sleep break and you have a perfect storm.

Please BB can you think about making 1 day premium available for another resource such as beans/stalks/coins. At least that way we have an incentive to do adventures again.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by procell View Post
    Since the big change removed star coins from loot it has become almost impossible to get a 1 day prem unless you had been playing your years and had a stock built up. this has created a big divide between the haves and have not's. With the price of beans dropping rapidly into it is now not viable to spend the resources on a VLT to only get a single lot of loot. The 1 Day prem was at least a way for us to make it viable. Add to that the removal of weekly maintenance which allowed us to stretch a 1 day prem to last almost 2 days with a sleep break and you have a perfect storm.

Please BB can you think about making 1 day premium available for another resource such as beans/stalks/coins. At least that way we have an incentive to do adventures again.
    One lot of loot from a VLT ! Why are you not using the lootspots ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I play both ways on sandycove I'm 24/7 premium and have 47.5m xp on northisle I have no premium and have 20.5m xp. I see the argument that players without premium are at a disadvantage but to me the only time it matters is events. To combat this I save my weekly gems on northisle and buy a premium token of 1 week for an event.

BB made the decision to for all intents and purposes to remove your weekly free premium token from star coins to encourage you to buy gems,there are as you say small amounts from mini quests and levelling up. To buy 7 x 1 day premium costs 6300 sc, to buy 800 gems costs 4800 sc, 800 gems buys a 7 day premium token. With your weekly login you can get a 7 day premium token every 4 weeks with some effort if you have the time and resources.

I do actually support being able to buy new stuff for beans / stalks and if buying star coins in a limited amount were one of them that would be ok.

Also realise the vast majority of players may never reach 75, you should just play the game and basically ignore level 75 is there, tbh as it stands after level 60 the xp bar is just a feature.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I suggested buying star coins with stalks a couple of weeks ago (15/01/16)
    Good to see others think along the same lines

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos View Post
    New content caught many players unprepared for removal of star coins
    No m8, only u!

Quote Originally Posted by procell View Post
    +1
    nuff said
    Last edited by vigabrand; 03.02.16 at 11:53.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    No m8, only u!

+1
    nuff said
    I have more star coins than I could ever use, also have gempits and premium active, idea was to help less advantaged players.

Reply to Thread