Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Suggestions overview thread

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    We understand that it must be frustrating for you not to get the kind of feedback you are asking for.
    In order for a suggestion to get any of the statuses suggested above ( not possible, working on it, etc. ), a number of people (programmers, game designers, producers, etc) need to come together, discuss each suggestion and possible implementation in detail and assess what the status for it is. Seeing how we have about a dozen suggestions for February already (in less than 2 weeks), this would be time-consuming and would divert resources from other, more immediate tasks.

Taking all this into consideration, it is unlikely that this will be implemented soon.
    I'm sorry Ravel but your answer is nothing more than a corporate smokescreen and as such is unacceptable. The very existence of this area of the forums shows that statement to be false.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post296183 posted by yourself a few hours ago is a perfect example of the sort of feedback we would like.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 12.02.16 at 20:16.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I would volunteer to sort out this part of the forum all 3k threads of it lol, would be easy enough to do... but I'm not a MOD :P

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    We understand that it must be frustrating for you not to get the kind of feedback you are asking for.
    In order for a suggestion to get any of the statuses suggested above ( not possible, working on it, etc. ), a number of people (programmers, game designers, producers, etc) need to come together, discuss each suggestion and possible implementation in detail and assess what the status for it is. Seeing how we have about a dozen suggestions for February already (in less than 2 weeks), this would be time-consuming and would divert resources from other, more immediate tasks.

Taking all this into consideration, it is unlikely that this will be implemented soon.

A lot of suggestions and frustrations are brought over and over again by different players. Maybe because we dont get any feedback. So maybe it would not be so hard a task if we did get feedback, then players could see that what they wrote had been read and that something might be done in the future.

This was just an example of one of the suggestions that have been made so, many times. Maybe it is not a bug, it does not really matter. If it is not a bug it is very poor design and very annoying, and it should not take long to give an answer that it is possible to fix it and a time frame.

If that was done the first time it was brought up, them maybe some of the suggestions for the same, could have been avoided. And yes I agree with Bluesavanh. It would be better to remove suggestions part of forum and say load an clear that you really dont want suggestions and feedback. Saving everyone the time and trouble. What we see in this game is apparently what we get. We can take it - or leave
    Last edited by Urd123; 13.02.16 at 07:04.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

I can see how giving feedback to every single suggestion might be difficult and sometimes stuff just turns up that's been suggested. What I personally like to see is some proper feedback from BB on their rational on how stuff gets chosen and implemented. Take Easter for instance, plenty of suggestions have been made about where economies are suffering and on the European servers the consensus seemed to be coal was a bit of a problem, also people love more population. So how did we arrive at an Improved Butchers and a storehouse, the egg house was well received last year and I fully expected it to be in again this year and I definitely didn't expect the Butchers to be the building of choice for an Improved version. Also the removal of floating residence has further limited players from expanding their population without taking up build plots.

Given the response I would suggest the suggestion part of the European servers be removed, limit the forums to general discussion, bug reports and guild recruitment, which should also be removed as it doesn't work as intended but that's another subject.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    A lot of suggestions and frustrations are brought over and over again by different players. Maybe because we dont get any feedback. So maybe it would not be so hard a task if we did get feedback, then players could see that what they wrote had been read and that something might be done in the future.

This was just an example of one of the suggestions that have been made so, many times. Maybe it is not a bug, it does not really matter. If it is not a bug it is very poor design and very annoying, and it should not take long to give an answer that it is possible to fix it and a time frame.

If that was done the first time it was brought up, them maybe some of the suggestions for the same, could have been avoided. And yes I agree with Bluesavanh. It would be better to remove suggestions part of forum and say load an clear that you really dont want suggestions and feedback. Saving everyone the time and trouble. What we see in this game is apparently what we get. We can take it - or leave
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I can see how giving feedback to every single suggestion might be difficult and sometimes stuff just turns up that's been suggested. What I personally like to see is some proper feedback from BB on their rational on how stuff gets chosen and implemented. Take Easter for instance, plenty of suggestions have been made about where economies are suffering and on the European servers the consensus seemed to be coal was a bit of a problem, also people love more population. So how did we arrive at an Improved Butchers and a storehouse, the egg house was well received last year and I fully expected it to be in again this year and I definitely didn't expect the Butchers to be the building of choice for an Improved version. Also the removal of floating residence has further limited players from expanding their population without taking up build plots.

Given the response I would suggest the suggestion part of the European servers be removed, limit the forums to general discussion, bug reports and guild recruitment, which should also be removed as it doesn't work as intended but that's another subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I'm sorry Ravel but your answer is nothing more than a corporate smokescreen and as such is unacceptable. The very existence of this area of the forums shows that statement to be false.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post296183 posted by yourself a few hours ago is a perfect example of the sort of feedback we would like.

and you wonder why BB don't give feedback?
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Started to work on this here:

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ggestion-Index

I will try to update on a weekly basis.

Reply to Thread