Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1 Day Premiums

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I totally agree - with a little suggestion: premium time can be 24 hours (like before) but it can be same as time of playing the game actively - 24 hours while ONLINE. This way (depending of how much time we can spend in game) we can use it 4x 6h or 12x 2h letting us rest, work, sleep as well.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Valinare View Post
    I totally agree - with a little suggestion: premium time can be 24 hours (like before) but it can be same as time of playing the game actively - 24 hours while ONLINE. This way (depending of how much time we can spend in game) we can use it 4x 6h or 12x 2h letting us rest, work, sleep as well.
    I think this is just not realistic. 1 day prem is 24 hours prem, its up to you to make the most of it, prepare for it and stay logged in for it... Otherwise, my 12 month prem could extend to nearly 3 years with sleep etc

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sorry, but I am not talking about ALL prems, but only about the 24 hours one

World
    Sandycove
    But cant you see how I would feel having spent 20k gems then? It would make a mockery of it all..

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    But cant you see how I would feel having spent 20k gems then? It would make a mockery of it all..
    nice one
    besides what Thejollyone said already, why is it not fair older players have an adventage by their already collected starcoins ?
    They waited for new levels for a long time, kept doing adventures and got starcoins as reward.
    Maybe those starcoins should have been converted back to xp ?
    Now that would make other say it's an unfair adventage.
    You forget they got starcoins instead of xp

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    Exactly how I felt in Nov 2014 when 7 months into my 1 year premium, the loot got taken out of adventures. 8-9k gems down the drain.
    Can see the original point of the OP though, with the change to star coins there should be another route available to obtain the 1 day Prems now.

The later point does highlight another problem though, originally the Premiums were adjusted to take into account the estimated maintenance time, hence 180 days and 360 days for 6 months and a year respectively. Perhaps now they should be reworked to the latter time frames?
    Last edited by Nogbad; 02.02.16 at 18:42.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    yep the OP has a point, but as Inyi also said, we lost xp to get valueable starcoins that were in turn (as an option) exchanged for prem days...

It does need a good rethink but it has to reflect the effort put in by a player vs just spending beans and/or trading for them. I refer to this post.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can understand the sentiments of those who have bought gems and agree that removing things from loot after they have spent real money on premiums is like stealing something. What I am trying to say is . You need xp to progress and the mini quests give very good xp but we are only getting a single quest for every FT we complete if we are lucky. More often than not we get a few beans and a bit of granite. The rest is just clutter for the stores. On rare occasions we get a follow up FT but again we get single loot from it. So in effect we lose out twice. Even a 2 hour prem that allows us to do 2 ls and complete an FT we have prepared would be useful.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Firstly you forget the older players got there before Prems were implemented, this makes them a luxury item not a necessity. Secondly as is with normal with these sort of threads the forgotten 3rd group of players is not mentioned, as a member of that group I can tell you the issue you say you have, is a non issue for the 3rd group.

The biggest problem I can see how ever is the fact that when Premiums were made tradable BB had to withdraw the idea on short notice due to exploitation, any means of obtaining prems with trade items has to avoid the same pitfall to be viable.

The next biggest problem I can see is it would place control of premium prices in the hands of the big traders in a indirect manner, this would not be to the benefit of the group your trying to help.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    As with the current system 1 day prems are restricted to 1 a week I do not see it causing any major upset in the price of other resources. They should never be made tradable as a resource anyway.

All I am asking is a fair crack of the whip!

Reply to Thread