Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1 Day Premiums

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Valinare View Post
    Sorry, but I am not talking about ALL prems, but only about the 24 hours one
    Amazing- you want extra advantages for people not spending money on the game over the ones that do spend money - cause otherwise it is unfair?

Do you really hear yourself talking?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Firstly you forget the older players got there before Prems were implemented, this makes them a luxury item not a necessity. Secondly as is with normal with these sort of threads the forgotten 3rd group of players is not mentioned, as a member of that group I can tell you the issue you say you have, is a non issue for the 3rd group.

The biggest problem I can see how ever is the fact that when Premiums were made tradable BB had to withdraw the idea on short notice due to exploitation, any means of obtaining prems with trade items has to avoid the same pitfall to be viable.

The next biggest problem I can see is it would place control of premium prices in the hands of the big traders in a indirect manner, this would not be to the benefit of the group your trying to help.
    Trading premium imo is not exploitation per se- The big hole in the system was the fact that the premium could be bought with the weekly free gems as well- meaning a multitude of smurf acounts could yield plenty of premium- Probably the sheer amount of star coin influx at the time didn;t help either, it means people can sell on their star coin premium

A mechanism for premium days to be traded in game (only from store bought gems or vouchers) would be great - both for the playerbase and for BB as more players would find access to premium (as they would not buy gems whatever) and BB sells more gems to people willing to spend the money on the game

The fact that are differences bewteen player/playergroups is nothing new- Try joining WOW now- i bet you would be back of the line with many a thing and won;t be keeping up with the joneses for a loooong time and catching up with the top would be impossible. If you join a game late- you will be missing out on some things as it is already history- don;t expect gaming companies to adress those differences and give you a cheap or free ride to catch up with the pack

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by procell View Post
    Since the big change in levels it has become increasingly difficult to obtain 1 Day Premiums. There is a marked difference between older players who had time to amass a stock of star coins etc and those who recently reached the higher levels. This has created a big divide in the have's and have not's. Whilst I agree that those spending money to buy gems should get an advantage there is no reason why those who prefer to play without should be blocked at every turn from progressing. The 1 Day Premium was one way that we were able to gain a little extra from the hard slog of endless VLT. A 1 Day Premium started on Monday would last almost 2 days due to maintenance and allow us to make full use of it. Now we do not get star coins so cannot buy them so often and when we do most of it is wasted due to the need to sleep during the 24 hours it runs.

May I suggest that short term premiums be made available for another resource such as beans or stalks and that it last say 32 hours to give 8 hours rest during the period. That would go some way to making the game more inviting to those who have only just got to the level where huge xp is needed to level up.
    wow if you think not spending money on this game slows you down take a look at something like wartune then come back here and see if your still complaining lol

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    Trading premium imo is not exploitation per se- The big hole in the system was the fact that the premium could be bought with the weekly free gems as well- meaning a multitude of smurf acounts could yield plenty of premium- Probably the sheer amount of star coin influx at the time didn;t help either, it means people can sell on their star coin premium
    I don't recall BB revealing how they was exploited, just that they was withdrawn because of it. Given the short period they was available no smurf accounts could have been created to use in the manner you suggest, that's not to say existing smurf accounts could have been used in this manner but we will never know for a fact if they was.

A mechanism for premium days to be traded in game (only from store bought gems or vouchers) would be great - both for the playerbase and for BB as more players would find access to premium (as they would not buy gems whatever) and BB sells more gems to people willing to spend the money on the game
    That they was exploited appears to be the reason why BB has not repeated the experiment.

The fact that are differences bewteen player/playergroups is nothing new- Try joining WOW now- i bet you would be back of the line with many a thing and won;t be keeping up with the joneses for a loooong time and catching up with the top would be impossible. If you join a game late- you will be missing out on some things as it is already history- don;t expect gaming companies to adress those differences and give you a cheap or free ride to catch up with the pack
    Your missing my point entirely. Without luxury items there is nothing to entice those who pay their way through a game. By making said luxury items commonplace you kill the revinue stream that BB demands to keep the game running. I was just pointing out Premiums are such a luxury item.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread