Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1 Day Premiums

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle

1 day premium for gems

I'm not buying gems and I'm barely spending gems because the prices are insane. BB wants to make money in big chunks and that scares away a lot of potential buyers.

I have saved up 7k gems now, because I think all things in the merchant are overpriced or not useful enough for the amount of real money required.

Because of the high price I want to maximize the usefulness of premium, ergo doing lots of adventures. I play this game everyday, but I don't have the time to be online much on weekdays. So the usefulness is very low on weekdays. I'm not spending 800 gems for a week of premium if can only make use of it 2-3 days effectively.

However
    I would burn through my 7K gems in a year or less if I could buy 1 day of premium for 100-125 gems. (Or 12 h for 60-70 gems)
    And after that I would be very much tempted to buy additional gems.

An other option would be to cut the price of gems and/or the in-game prices with 50-80%

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Totally agree Budgy. BB are really missing a business trick. Sell items for small numbers of gems and players will slowly eat away their stash and then need to buy more gems for real cash. At the moment they seem to focus on single large purchases such as endless copper mines etc. If there was a 1 day premium option for say 140/150 gems players would buy them regularly.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    They probably aren't selling em as it would overall mean less sales for the bigger premiums, less "dedication" to the game and people could even do it with weekly gems with no investment to the game. Just like it happens with star coin 1d premium; people buy one and use it only when they have troops maxed out and adv ready for finish for max benefits. There was a 3 day premium available as limited offer once but haven't seen it again after that one time.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    There have been many debates about this in other threads, on a previous Christmas event they did put 3 day premium tokens in. Kind of a shame they didn't make it into this years event. At least they are more suited to the casual weekend player, can't ever see a 1 day token making an appearance because people just wouldn't buy the longer ones, that being said a compromise could be reached by BB offering a bag of star coins for gems, but I doubt the price would be favourable. But that would give you the option to buy 1 day tokens from the epic part of the merchant or buffs if you so choose.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    they aren't interested in you spending your weekly free gems on premiums cuz no revenue and it devaluates premium time.

also 25euros for 1 year of premium isn't insane, its cheap entertainment actually. yes that was during the 300% sale. the price are high if there are no sale yes but they do 200% at least once a month. get a job? 25 euros is like 2-3 drinks...
    Last edited by Narcil; 04.01.16 at 18:23.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcil View Post
    they aren't interested in you spending your weekly free gems on premiums cuz no revenue and it devaluates premium time.

also 25euros for 1 year of premium isn't insane, its cheap entertainment actually. yes that was during the 300% sale. the price are high if there are no sale yes but they do 200% at least once a month. get a job? 25 euros is like 2-3 drinks...
    What is wrong with devaluating premium. BB wants to sell gems so the more people on premium the better. Reduce the weekly bonus to 50 gems and ask 150 if they have to.

25 euro's with 300% gives 14400 gems, not 20K. Therefor I have to spend 50 euro's. (again no intermediate option)
    This is not about how much money I have. It is about what I get for it.
    (And what are you drinking for 10 euro's a drink?)

The point is that everything related to gems is overpriced. The only way people are going to spend gems if they get value for money.
    Reduce the prices OR give more options so no gems are wasted (a full week of gems while people are working).

World
    Newfoundland
    1 day premium is one of few things people would overpay for. not insane amounts of course but 200 (maybe 250) gems would create a lot of sales that otherwise would not happen.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgy View Post
    What is wrong with devaluating premium. BB wants to sell gems so the more people on premium the better. Reduce the weekly bonus to 50 gems and ask 150 if they have to.

25 euro's with 300% gives 14400 gems, not 20K. Therefor I have to spend 50 euro's. (again no intermediate option)
    This is not about how much money I have. It is about what I get for it.
    (And what are you drinking for 10 euro's a drink?)

The point is that everything related to gems is overpriced. The only way people are going to spend gems if they get value for money.
    Reduce the prices OR give more options so no gems are wasted (a full week of gems while people are working).
    Please don't be so selfish.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, they shot themselves in the foot on 25/11/14 as far as the longer premium periods were concerned. I had the 1 year option active on 5 servers and they nerfed the loot in adventures. made the last 5 months premium absolutely worthless.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

1 Day Premiums

Since the big change in levels it has become increasingly difficult to obtain 1 Day Premiums. There is a marked difference between older players who had time to amass a stock of star coins etc and those who recently reached the higher levels. This has created a big divide in the have's and have not's. Whilst I agree that those spending money to buy gems should get an advantage there is no reason why those who prefer to play without should be blocked at every turn from progressing. The 1 Day Premium was one way that we were able to gain a little extra from the hard slog of endless VLT. A 1 Day Premium started on Monday would last almost 2 days due to maintenance and allow us to make full use of it. Now we do not get star coins so cannot buy them so often and when we do most of it is wasted due to the need to sleep during the 24 hours it runs.

May I suggest that short term premiums be made available for another resource such as beans or stalks and that it last say 32 hours to give 8 hours rest during the period. That would go some way to making the game more inviting to those who have only just got to the level where huge xp is needed to level up.

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Houri; 05.02.16 at 10:07.

Reply to Thread