Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Game Updates

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    we lost 12 hours of the event when it started because it was started before the maintenance then we lost several hours the other day because of a maintenance now we going to lose yet more in total it must be close to a day in total lose on the 21 days we should of had... are we going to get that time back a lot can happen in 24 hours in regards to egg collecting
    +1000

None saying about that time and counter still count same time until event finish.So we will lost almost 1day of event.Got premium for this event and so far lost to many hr on updates and fixes

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I am sure BB will listen to the crowd as they always do! so do not worry

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    LOL. Lying in bed feeling ill and guilty cos I am not playing during the event. Struggle up and what do I get? ROFL. Gonna go back to bed.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by luigielratto View Post
    LOL. Lying in bed feeling ill and guilty cos I am not playing during the event. Struggle up and what do I get? ROFL. Gonna go back to bed.
    hope you feel better soon ratty xx

World
    Newfoundland
    First of all, I noticed in my short time in chats today that the difference between a Game Update and a Maintenance is not clear for everyone.

In the past, the servers used to go down for weekly maintenance. During this downtime, a series of scripts ran, the data bases were purged, all to ensure the good functionality and stability of the game servers. In time, we figured out a way to have most of these changes happen while the game is online, without a downtime being necessary, so that is the reason for the Mainte-no-nance announcement.
    Website maintenances and Chat server maintenances are still needed from time to time. The Mainte-no-nance only referred to the weekly game maintenance.

A game update on the other hand only happens when a new version is deployed. This means whenever the servers go down for a game update, we are improving on the current game version. Improvements and new features will find their way into the game whenever you see the "Game Update" message on the homepage.

Today's Game Update was necessary to ensure the last Party Crasher Boss quest from the Easter Quest Chain completes successfully. The issue was reported on another language version and an improvement was applied before anyone on our servers is affected.
    I know it is not ideal, but it is better than the alternative.

Thank you for your patience and your feedback on this! It will be passed on.
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 24.03.16 at 18:12.

World
    Sandycove
    the explanation given on home page would probably be best given here in the open forum. I think more read the forum than the home page.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    we lost 12 hours of the event when it started because it was started before the maintenance then we lost several hours the other day because of a maintenance now we going to lose yet more in total it must be close to a day in total lose on the 21 days we should of had... are we going to get that time back a lot can happen in 24 hours in regards to egg collecting
    Have to agree we are losing to much of the event due to poor implementation and these little maintenances, the 12 hours or so lost at the start of the event was a bit naughty tbh.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

World
    Sandycove
    While I do understand the difference between maintenance and game update, the end result for both are the same, players cant play the game for that period of time.Why dont you run the game updates on the time slot of the old maintenance? So we can enjoy the game, especially the event time that is finite, and we already lost so many hours with 2 mainte-gameupdates, whatever they are, you know time event away from the game . Can we have an event extension for those lost hours?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I hope BB give this the consideration it deserves, namely printing this thread out and posting it up by the water cooler so that they can wet themselves laughing every time they read it.

Your complaining about the time lost due to these maintenances yet have not stopped to think that pre-no-maintenance we would have lost more time due to the normal scheduled maintenances over the event.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Closed Thread