Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 23/02/2016

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Before update i could place magnificent residence at spots like this:

But after update i can place it at four less spots:

While if i try place 2x2 building, i can see there is a place for magnificent residence:

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Then why bother to call it EU-server since the only language I'm allowed to use (without being banned) is English. Call it UK-server instead!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by t00tie View Post
    I got an epileptic attack from the blinking tip text while the game was loading.
    Me too. I hate blinking text.

Zone buffs: the most annoying nonsense feature ever. Why were they even made? Unless this paves the way to "feast everything except wells and foresters in one click" then I have no idea why development time was wasted on it.
    I can only assume that more zone-wide buffs will be coming in the future. If there will not be, it does seem a little silly to know that you have a fairy fire running (for 5 minutes).

I don't like the icons only chat interface, I want the old text channel names back. The icons are tiny and hard to hit with the mouse too.
    This one is ok to me. Pictures work across all languages which is an advantage for some, and since there is the mouse-over to explain what the tab is I expect in a few days no one will notice the difference and even forget how it used to look.
    Last edited by Xibor; 23.02.16 at 20:28.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    So are our explorers still going to return with the now useless solar flare or have they been removed or replaced with a different buff.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    UPDATE: The new game version has been deployed successfully, but the chat channel reduction for Sandycove was not applied.
    The reduction will be conducted with the next game update.
    So one can only assume that in G1 it is now allowed to use all the languages that had their channels removed. That is great news indeed. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    The Official Channels and Languages post is being updated as we speak, but I can confirm that there will be no more language channels.
    The game was not designed with language channels in mind and we allowed them in order to help players less familiar with the English language. Many channels have been removed in time due to the opening of dedicated language servers.
    With the Chat Channel reduction, all language channels are being removed.
    Previous to this decision, we monitored the channels for several months and most of them went unused for weeks or even months, as most of the players are using guild chat to communicate in their native language.
    Hope this clears things up.
    So discriminating players based on what language they speak is an improvement? Whats the next big idea, some racism perhaps?
    Why were the ten-ish channels even a problem, with the update chat server is running thousands more..

oh and by the way the zone buff thing broke the old zone buffs, they only stay for 5 min before deactivating
    Last edited by topgearfan; 23.02.16 at 22:08.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Did BB look into the player level of those few who were using their native channels. If they was just new players then maybe the older player had joined up with guilds thus using guild chat instead of their native global.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Did BB look into the player level of those few who were using their native channels. If they was just new players then maybe the older player had joined up with guilds thus using guild chat instead of their native global.
    I can tell you global-9 could occassionally be more active than global-1 BEFORE the channel preset (option) was removed. Ravel has then monitoring those channels..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Shugura View Post
    Before update i could place magnificent residence at spots like this:

But after update i can place it at four less spots:

While if i try place 2x2 building, i can see there is a place for magnificent residence:
    same here
    looks like we're not allowed to get more residences
    and really nothing blocks there

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    I can tell you global-9 could occassionally be more active than global-1 BEFORE the channel preset (option) was removed. Ravel has then monitoring those channels..
    We were a lot of people in Global-9 since we didn't always feel like speaking english in Global-1...

So if you want this server to be adapted for Europe you need to let more countries be able to speak their own language.

Otherwise people might start to speak their native language in Global-1!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    It is a VERY bad move by BB to remove the language channels.
    If this is a true European server then all languages that don't have their own dedicated servers should have their own language channel.
    A language preset should also be present so you don't have to remember to write "/j global-x" every time.
    How should we be able to communicate between guilds that use the same native language if we don't have a channel to write in?

Perhaps all languages are now allowed in global-1?
    Or perhaps no language at all since BB_Ravel wrote "With the Chat Channel reduction, all language channels are being removed."

Reply to Thread