Reply to Thread

Thread: Server Zone Init failed

World
    Sandycove

Server Zone Init failed

maybe not the right place but i don't want to open a new thread for this as it might have some things in common with the server shut down message, as they are obviously false and after them you have to refresh.

after the latest update, every time i go Alt+Tab for more than 3 or 4 minutes, meaning the game loses focus, i get this

followed by a chat refresh as well, and the refresh must be used to bring me back...
    BUT!, that really means i cannot do anything but be in the TSO all the time if i want to prevent the long refresh over and over. If i want to check the news or check my mails or visit the TSO forum i will get kicked off and require a refresh to get back (which will again get stuck if not in the focus and loads only while in focus) I never experienced something like this before the latest update.
    Means, i better get a big red button that i will hit every few minutes instead the blue one that ironically smiles at me with its "Play Now". For that i don't need TSO, just a big red piece of rubber (not the blue).

Please make sure this is the exact error you are experiencing, as 2 more similar issues are being reported.
    To avoid confusion, please also check the threads below and add your post in the relevant one:We appreciate your cooperation in getting to the bottom of these issues.

Thank you for your reports!
    Ravel
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 10.02.16 at 10:42. Reason: Adding links to similar issues

World
    Sandycove
    I have not been having this issue but my wife Diwata has - all day yesterday (we are GMT + 13) she was asked to refresh a great many times. We run identical machines and obviously on the same router therefore the same ISP and address and I have no idea why she had so much trouble - it seems to be much like you are having Urgh123
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Threads split.

Since this issue displays a different error, I took the liberty to create a new thread about it to gather similar reports in the same place.
    Please also include your actions at the moment you received the error as that should help identifying the issue.
    Thank you!

World
    Sandycove
    Thanks both Ravel and Xibor

this is a very annoying trouble and it started to reflect on my guild as well
    (hope it doesn't reflect at your household Xibor but i'm also sure you noticed how annoying it is lol)

I'm also spending a lot time here on the forum and every time i get back in the game it is already stuck and demands a browser refresh...
    for now i'm using a little trick and that is giving it a focus as often as possible and seems it's working so far, a lot of Alt+Tabs, i know

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    This is very annoying...

There is a simple method that resolves this "problems":

Play on chrome, let a Chrome Window with one tab open with the settlers online. Open another window with other tabs that you use.

That nullifies the "bug".

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkooo View Post
    Play on chrome, let a Chrome Window with one tab open with the settlers online. Open another window with other tabs that you use.
    That nullifies the "bug".
    Not for me, I'm already using Chrome and doing exactly as you described but it is not helping any...
    Thanks for suggestion though, may be useful to someone

World
    Newfoundland
    Just happened to me..using latest version of Firefox

World
    Sandycove
    when I get this, I come back after about 20 minutes and it works properly again

Reply to Thread