Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Possible improvements to the current Guild Quest system

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    think bb are trying to tell us its not all about profit, settlers can just be for fun!
    +1

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    think bb are trying to tell us its not all about profit, settlers can just be for fun!
    Personally I think they are trying to tell us if your friends don't log in today gkick them.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well I kind of feel it is just the opposite. They tell us settlers is just for those who sit in front of screen 24-7,- let us just kick those who have a life besides playing.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Re-think
    Quests that are near impossible eg:Bookbinder ones etc
    Quests that are too costly to make them worth doing eg:repeatedly paying out high end weapons etc etc
    Quests that are too stupid for words eg:move 2 hunters...WHY would anyone consider this a 'quest' that will be repeated time and again in future
    The reward system, the gaps between big and small guilds rewards are disastrous 10/75 to 99/263. only way to compete is to join a big guild.
    Small guildies are expected to pay out the same but for a tiny reward compared to bigger guilds
    The guild system is creating more issues every time there is an attempt to improve it. Get it right or scrap the whole thing.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletz View Post
    Re-think
    Quests that are near impossible eg:Bookbinder ones etc
    Quests that are too costly to make them worth doing eg:repeatedly paying out high end weapons etc etc
    Quests that are too stupid for words eg:move 2 hunters...WHY would anyone consider this a 'quest' that will be repeated time and again in future
    The reward system, the gaps between big and small guilds rewards are disastrous 10/75 to 99/263. only way to compete is to join a big guild.
    Small guildies are expected to pay out the same but for a tiny reward compared to bigger guilds
    I agree. The quests need to be reconsidered overall.

~~~

After giving the coin reward some more thought, I see two different issues:

What should the reward be individually for a particular quest?
    What should the guild get for those who participated?

I think the first should be strictly based on the difficulty of the quest. The coin reward should be scaled on how hard that is to achieve - and the reward the same for every player - regardless of this size of the guild. If you have to give up a certain amount of rare resources the reward should be the same for everyone who gets that quest and completes it.

The second should be based on the size and participation of the guild overall. This rewards guilds with a high level of participation, and yes benefits the larger guilds but it's harder for them to get a higher level of participation.

If I have to surrender some rare resources it shouldn't matter how big the guild I'm in is. It still cost me the same as another player in a large guild.
    Last edited by Xibor; 26.01.16 at 07:13. Reason: Additional Thoughts
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread