Reply to Thread

Thread: Remove the new quest for every sector

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle

Remove the new quest for every sector

Is a new quest for every sector really necessary?

Example: SLT #234,356...
    Every time you kill a sector boss, quest completed, new quest, flash flash flash top left. I'm trying to move gens and load troops, but i have to click click to get rid of this annoying quest stuff, I did this 234,355 times before and it was annoying on the first one....

rant over, flame away :P

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Just to be sure, you want to be something like BK ("Defeat all Dark Castles" ) ? Maybe a "Defeat all bandits Leaders"?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    To be sure, I want 1 adventure, to have 1 quest, not 15.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I think it was designed this way because they did not anticipate ppl writing these massive guides to rush through. With this in mind it was used to help out players so they know what to do next. Imho it's jsut a left-over of that system and probably helpful for some people who are doing adventures for the first time and are a bit overwhelmed even when using a guide.

I'm a huge fan of individual design. Why not have the option to toggle these notifications on/off. You don't want to see these notifications on adventures? Turn them off. You don't want to have them on your island? Turn them off as well. You want them on adventure but not on island - or vice versa - just click the buttons.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    It's probably true it's supposed to help with the first one or two, but..... Greatest good of the greatest number, with 1 billion xp needed for level 75, there are far more people on the 3,000th iteration of some adv than people doing their first.

Toggle would be fine, just stop the thing flashing away in the corner "Attend to me".

Or, if the coding for that is just too hard :P, leave it on Dark Priests and SFTR where there are only a couple of quests anyway and are pretty much learner advs, but remove it from FT and AB which have like 10 quests and cannot be done until you are more experienced in any case.

It's never going to happen, it'd be too far down any queue of actionable player requests, if such a thing exists. But venting about it makes me feel better .
    Last edited by Eeyore; 18.02.16 at 12:46.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Am sure this comes as a complete surprise to everyone but they are there to provide "flavour" for the whole thing. Context and setting for your mechanical grind. It's what differentiates adventuring from filling in the blanks in a spreadsheet.

That said I don't see why you shouldn't be able to turn it off. Seeing as after a couple of times it just is a daily grind of checking off boxes.

Reply to Thread