Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please improve building placement in certain areas

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Please improve building placement in certain areas

With the upcoming change that disables removing bushes in order to get more building space, I'd love to see a few fixes regarding this matter. There are a few spots on the home island that can not be used for building placement, no matter how buildings are arranged. Here are six spots that are the most annoying imho.

1. This one is left of the Major's House. Below you can see one 2x3 and a 2x2. There would be enough space to have at least a 2x3 or two 2x2, yet there is only space for one 2x2 building.

2. Next one is on the right side of MH. Actually this one is just missing a tiny 1x1 tile in the lower left corner which is blocking this entire area. Nothing there on the terrain that would justify this.

3. While I can understand that the upper spot (blue circle) probably can't be used due to being too close to the river bank (which in other areas of the island is not a problem at all [examples: (1), (2), (3)] - just in this particular case), the lower spot (red circle) is not blocked by anything at all. Yet building placement is not possible.

4. This one is just a 1x2 dirt patch interrupting the perfect alignment of buildings. Not sure why things like this are blocking, since other areas with much bigger dirt patches are not a problem at all.

5. Another dirt patch, one of the bigger ones - blocking 1x2 area again. In fact, you can clearly see that everywhere else around this patch other dirt patches are not a problem at all.

6. And this one ofc, blocked by a huge pile of nothing.

Most areas that can not be used are blocked by trees, but with smart placing almost 85% of the terrain can be used effectively. Actually, that can be seen as some kind of challenge, finding the best spots and turning them into efficient production areas. Some spots blocked by trees are a real pain, since they block areas in a very stupid way - which compared to others is somewhat illogical.

I'm ok with those flaws, but I'm not ok with the areas indicated above. There is not a single patch that is affected by bushes or trees, it's all just a result of hasty work done. It seems building space is being removed for reasons, despite people asking for more - yet bugged areas that have been there from the start are not being fixed.

As a community who is just paying your income and keeping this game alive we don't have any rights and can't demand anything, since we are just simple customers. You could even shut down everything and delete all accounts, you just need a "reason" to do so and no one could do anything against it. But as developers you could at least try harder to make this game a better experience, not by only adding new things that can be bought with gems - but also giving some love to the people by fixing simple things - just like these small patches, especially since you decided to disable bush removal.

From experience I know this suggestion will never be considered and patched, but at least I can blow off some steam about it. So thank you very much for letting me write my thoughts on your forums, where no one really cares about feedback as long as gems are being sold.
    Last edited by Colyx; 26.02.16 at 19:16. Reason: Additional information added

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove

There were 2 nobles. I just want to place gingerbread houses, but suddenly lost the possibility ...
    Last edited by MOD_Houri3; 22.02.16 at 20:57. Reason: image fixed

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    +1
    A lot of places in s6 and s3 too, I hope they remove some bushs too.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnjau View Post

There were 2 nobles. I just want to place gingerbread houses, but suddenly lost the possibility ...
    I have this too, when the iron mines are to the left and right you can place a building but when it moves to the centre the space is taken by the space needed for a mine to be built.
    brumpunk

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    I had a problem with s2 where I had a White Castle next to my Storehouse between the Copper Mines (regularly built, no shrubbery removal etc.)
    Moved the Castle to place a Gingerbread House - no free place, couldn't move the Castle back. Lost 1 build spot. Not funny.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

impossible to move buildings after 23rd February maintenance

Since the update is no possible to move back an existing building (a magnificent residence) in the location indicated in the image in the link http://imgur.com/CqJBM0Q
    No bush are on the area.
    the building was already there before the maintenance of today 23 February but once I moved it I can't put it back where it was.
    A bug?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    is this issue related to this?
    http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...ence-positions
    did BB read at all the feedback on the test forum?
    or decided players feedback don't matter?

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    It's not a bug, it's part of their ongoing strategy to reduce the amount of building spots every couple of months, so that you fill your island faster and are stuck with "nothing left to do" quicker, making room for other players on the server ...

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    It's not a bug, it's part of their ongoing strategy to reduce the amount of building spots every couple of months, so that you fill your island faster and are stuck with "nothing left to do" quicker, making room for other players on the server ...
    I got a "3 strike policy" at the 3rd one I usually "make space on the server" for new player.
    1st strike: Roaring Bull adventure modified in worst without telling us nothing about it.
    2nd strike: ..this thread, if this is actually inteded to be this way with less space for us where to place those magnificent residence
    3rd strike: ...it might be the easter event if they intend to go live with the modification they did the 19th of February on the test server (drastically reduced the drop of the event resources making it twice as hard to get any prize now)

so BB if you don't hear from me after easter you will know why. Congrats for keep ruining your own game.

World
    Newfoundland
    my conspiracy theory is that it is a panic move to save the noble sales
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread