Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GAMEPLAY and Suggestions

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

GAMEPLAY and Suggestions

Hi everyone

Its always hard to know what is needed within the game to make it worth playing and many over the past months have quit playing. Id like to know why.

We asked for new levels and it was brilliant to get them. However I personally feel that the amount of xp needed for the very high levels has put a lot of people off. I have also been told the same by a number of other higher level players that have stopped playing or who are contemplating stopping. Id like to see what everyone else thinks and I know BB are going to be keeping an idea on this post for suggestions. If you make some Please consider them carefully first. This is not a BB bashing post rather a think thank for active players. This is a great game BUT it does need some tweaking

The new stacking in the star menu is a brilliant addition so well done BB on that one. Please extend this to include Adventures as so many of us are fed up looking at sons of the veldt and other pretty useless ones...

While the addition of the granite deposits etc was something I was looking forward to and aspired to reach levels that would allow me to get those deposits.. I now find that they have created an imbalance in the game as loot fr0m adventures is now worth so much less and unless u are doing the adventure for the experience its getting pretty pointless playing many of them. This is also the feedback from many I have spoken to in game. Sometimes when we get what we ask for its not always a good thing..

The pvp for me has never been something that worked and I believe it needs to change. Many spend ages getting to conquer a colony and even when they build defences they lose them straight away with little reward for all their effort. Maybe some review of this system would help entice more to play... and its not really pvp as nobody knows who they attack or who attacked them...

I have many other thoughts and suggestions But we need to all work together and see what the general consensus is in regard to forward progression. Please also feel free to message me ingame if anyone has any ideas they feel would be worth exploring.

Happy Gaming

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have read what you have put and agree BB needs to do something to keep players. PVP for me is a non starter it's not what I started playing this game for. WE all know this game is a long term game but sometimes it gets tedious waiting to rebuild troops is there a possibility to speed up this process in some way ? Why can we buy an extra trade office but it doesn't give us anything? I agree with the comment on lots of adventures that no-one uses-- it is because the rewards are not worth the effort and or do we need new adventures?
    I find that the percentage chance of picking up special building in some of the higher lvl adventures a bit ludicrous --i.e. less than 1% would it be better if you got a special building after doing a set amount of adventures of a particular kind?

World
    Newfoundland
    I have stopped playing adventures and am contemplating leaving because there is no useful content in the game after level 62 (anyone who reaches 71 wont need the manor).
    Time to roll out the second half of the XXL update..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Newfoundland
    I still play, and having fun doing so.
    but more for the guild-quests and the chat than for the game itself.
    A lot has changed in the game, true but most new things I don't use..

My problem is, too much has changed for me to keep track off

While I play every day, I play for about 5- 10 minutes MAX..
    Just to solve the guild-quests and that's it..
    I don't do long adventures anymore.. although I have 2 fast gens and a Santa Quartermaster.

Most I'm in chat.

One thing I must say.. :

The community of newfoundland is absolutely fantastic.
    I've been to a view before I got onto Newfoundland, and never left.

That is the main reason I'm still here:
    if you are away for a view days, you are missed..
    if you had troubles or issues , members ask how you are, if you are OK..

It's a really loving community..

And because of that and because I have favorite members (heh who doesn't ) i do have some idea's about the friends bar..

Isn't there a way to change how your friends are displayed?

Now it is always sordet on level..
    why not make the player choose how they are sorted and displayed?

I'm thinking about options like:

* online - online active users are listed first
    * favorites - make you own favorite list and put them first
    * name - list them in alphabetical order
    * level - we have that one already and some may find it useful ..

It would be much easier to find a friend or member that is active or favorite without having to scroll through a list of members.

Oh and while we talking about the Friendslist, is it possible to make it possible to manual refresh the list? or at least keep your focus?
    It's very annoying when you have finally found the one you are looking for to disappear because the list is refreshed and to find yourself at the start of the list so you have to start again....

ok, long post, my 2 cents

Love, Amy <3
    Last edited by AmySafeunderdark; 23.02.16 at 07:13.
    Amy Safeunderdark
    A little magic goes a long way.

Amy's Rules of progress (TSO Forum )
    Amy's random quotes & Settlers related Art and images (TSO Forum )
    Amy's TOOLS:
    Forum image uploader New version online supporting more image types, even animated gif!
    Explained here (Forum link) --> PLease leave your comments and/or remarks here

TSO server status (outside link) New Version!

World
    Sandycove
    beans are devalueing by the day as there is such a limited amount of item to purchase. They will soon be next to worthless.

As previously requested time and time again, lets have new items in the epic merchant. Prime thing atm would be a x5 barrack buff, or even a x6. Yes make them expensive if necessary, cos we have nothing else to purchase with them.

Dont really see the need for new buildings, the latest maintenance is taking buildspace away, not adding to it - was that the whole intention of the archipelagos? Again its been requested time and time again, remove the spawning bushes etc ASAP and be done with it.

Recycle adventures, or revamp the ones deemed unfit to play (wild mary, gunpowder and son of the veld are the 3 I have in mind). If not revamp them, then why not totally overhaul the loots on these 3 to give us a reason to kill so many troops.

Same goes for the coops - though Ive heard this one is being looked at already (fingers crossed)

World
    Newfoundland
    I have to say I am quite happy with the game as it is. Love all the new stuff. New levels, yay! New guild quests (yes, all of them) yay! New stuff in events, yay!
    I basically just pootle along doing the odd adventure, slowly leveling with no rush and look forward to events to break up the year. I play for free and I enjoy it.
    Only suggestion I can really think of is the co-op adventures. They used to be reasonably popular, but since the loot changes they have become unplayed and unwanted. I think a look at the loot may be in order.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good point on the co-ops Kit_. I used to love doing some of them But never touch them now since the loot changed..
    also love the idea of various ways to view the friends list that would allow us to sort by who is online etc AmySafeunderdark
    And yes some adventures could do with revamp Thejollyone to make them worth doing... Maybe even have to complete a full arrangement of adventures to get a certain bonus item would help.
    And I agree topgearfan that at level 71 players wont be worried about the manor. I dont know if I will ever get that far.
    and Dadeo the idea of a 5 or 6 x buff for barracks really appeals. even if it was a costly one.. its my greatest pain waiting for elites. Takes me days to make enough for an adventure, and my elite barracks is level6
    Last edited by Rebloom; 22.02.16 at 18:20.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Revamping adventures that are useless should be a priority, Make them stackable like buffs, change the epic shop items or make the buffs like R.O.A buyable with beans as they are next to useless now!
    Bring back Crisis Quests - Make them hard as nails to complete for a challenge.
    The game is heading towards pay to play which is not a good thing, Stop decreasing explorer and adv event resource drops during events (I think that was down to a few idiots bragging that they had every event shop item during the 1st week).
    Ali baba adv's is a step in the right direction as there is a challenge there, more of that please.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Find a way to better keep new players, the vast majority come and leave so very soon. The numbers have dwindled significantly since Christmas not seeing many at all asking for any sort of help and not getting many rfr anymore. Chat changes may or may not compound this.

Some variety might be nice, events are starting to look very generic, re-introduce crisis quests maybe. Revamp co-ops, a new tier of adventures aimed at 65+, maybe make pvp more accessible to those who are reluctant to give it a go. Introduce something for beans seems the only reason to grind ali adv is xp, adv, grout and buffs. Even the grout at some juncture will be fairly pointless.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebloom View Post

The pvp for me has never been something that worked and I believe it needs to change. Many spend ages getting to conquer a colony and even when they build defences they lose them straight away with little reward for all their effort. Maybe some review of this system would help entice more to play... and its not really pvp as nobody knows who they attack or who attacked them...
    I agree with you, but Strongly Agree with this part, making weapons takes so long time, and they so expensive to make, then making troops take so long time, and expensive also, then you conquer a colony and you have only 6 hours to do, and after you finish it, a few hours you lost it, specially if you conquer a colony for granite or so.

Pointless, PvP ! I dont even call it PvP, I played it until level 2 only then give up for ever maybe or I will not think about it until i reach the level 62, and yes there is no point to level up after level 62 , nothing new, nothing worth just long way to level 71 then level 75 for what? to Manor? when you don't need it at all anyway.

Game is cool, peaceful, but it need to review specially old part of it.
    Something like customiz-able land, better PvP system, and so on.

Reply to Thread