Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What to do with Beans?

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy2204 View Post
    Come on they're magic beans let us plant some at the top of the map for some floating islands, whack some giants on em for us to murder and bam lots of happy players

maybe cheap to find but Jack the giant slayer buffs which costs beanstalks to kill the camps MAKE THE FT CASTLE USEFUL AGAIN! atm is a waste of 4 build spaces but too valuable to knock down
    sweet idea, mini adventure where beanstalks buffs are needed.

But knowing BB, the reward would probably be 726 XP and a 200 Stone Refill for 10k beanstalks spent ...

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Newfoundland it's usually 1:1 with granite or 1,2k granite for 1k beans for example. It's nice for me because I am only level 52 (hit 50 a week after xxl update only) but I see how it can be frustrating for high level players.
    It will help other players get to higher levels and you higher players got Grout so...I don't see a problem ^^

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Give them to others in the guild like I do?

World
    Newfoundland
    Sell them for any other good stuff like Grout/Buildings.
    A systems programmer will know what to do when society breaks down, because the systems programmer already lives in a world without laws.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutra View Post
    This is like saying "Just put your trash into the trashcan, then there is no trash problem."
    That's just shifting the problem, not solving it.

The problem remains that the mechanisms for taking Beans out of the game are not correlated to the mechanisms of introducing beans, and there is a greater supply than demand. Sooner or later, the oversupply will completely kill the demand.

Isn't it absurd that Beans, the former "high level resource", is already worth less than Saltpeter, a resource which 2 years ago even lv30 players had in excess?
    Just in case it isn't clear where this is heading: Beans should be as coveted as Saltpeter is now, not be considered junk to trade away.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    This is like saying "Just put your trash into the trashcan, then there is no trash problem."
    That's just shifting the problem, not solving it.

The problem remains that the mechanisms for taking Beans out of the game are not correlated to the mechanisms of introducing beans, and there is a greater supply than demand. Sooner or later, the oversupply will completely kill the demand.

Isn't it absurd that Beans, the former "high level resource", is already worth less than Saltpeter, a resource which 2 years ago even lv30 players had in excess?
    Just in case it isn't clear where this is heading: Beans should be as coveted as Saltpeter is now, not be considered junk to trade away.
    These are two different things. Deed building and Grout have nothing related with "trash" resources in the game.
    Also this is why there is a trade office.

Like you say: "I have $2 billion and I do not know what to do with them..."
    A systems programmer will know what to do when society breaks down, because the systems programmer already lives in a world without laws.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    These are two different things. Deed building and Grout have nothing related with "trash" resources in the game.
    You can only get a finite amount of building deeds from Beans(talks). And you can't get Grout from Beans(talks) unless you play a different version of TSO from the one I do?
    There is a point in time when Beans are really nothing other than leftover trash accumulated en masse by high level players.
    I already see Beans Value reduced by over 80% compared to a year ago.

Also this is why there is a trade office.
    But what would anyone who still needs Beans have to offer to people who have more beans than they need?

Like you say: "I have $2 billion and I do not know what to do with them..."
    Problem is when you have 2bn in Italian Lira: Then you may really not know what to do with them ...

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Problem is when you have 2bn in Italian Lira: Then you may really not know what to do with them ...
    convert those to euro's like Italia did 14 years ago

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jpo86 View Post
    convert those to euro's like Italia did 14 years ago
    Why would people want a currency which they can't use to buy a pint of milk down the shops.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    bad news grout will end up worthless too (unless level 7-8-9 etc etc come along).

Reply to Thread