Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chat tab changes to Global-1

World
    Northisle

Chat tab changes to Global-1

Since the 23.2.2016 update starting/accepting an adventure changes the chat tab automatically to Global-1.

This happens because the chat UI resets when one of the new adventure chat tabs are added.

Community Team – Game Master Jolly Advisor BB_RobinHood's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    This issue has been inserted into our database and should be addressed soon! Thanks!

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, happened to me too - kinda funny when all of a sudden you're posting in G-1 "Wts/Swap Lootspot" and IMMEDIATELY get a mod bashing you "Move to trade".

I know, I know it's not the Mod's faults, but the game engine shouldn't make people break rules due to bugs and then get punished for that.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    Yes, happened to me too - kinda funny when all of a sudden you're posting in G-1 "Wts/Swap Lootspot" and IMMEDIATELY get a mod bashing you "Move to trade".

I know, I know it's not the Mod's faults, but the game engine shouldn't make people break rules due to bugs and then get punished for that.
    +1000

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post

You think mods reminding someone they have posted in the wrong tab is bashing? How do you get through life with such thin skin? I've only ever seen a mod ask nicely for a person to use the correct tab if they should post in the wrong one- and usually accompanied with a "please". A very long way from bashing, I think!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsh View Post
    You think mods reminding someone they have posted in the wrong tab is bashing? How do you get through life with such thin skin? I've only ever seen a mod ask nicely for a person to use the correct tab if they should post in the wrong one- and usually accompanied with a "please". A very long way from bashing, I think!
    I agree it is quite annoying to have the tab change, and I really hope they fix that soon, but in all the cases I've seen people are quite understanding about being on the wrong tab for whatever reason. We all make mistakes.

I just hope I don't bounce to global chat when I say certain types of things to my wife Diwata...
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_RobinHood View Post
    This issue has been inserted into our database and should be addressed soon! Thanks!
    You didn't know about this issue before this thread was started?

If so: wow. First of all, you deleted a thread I made about this same issue earlier today. And everyone that has played the game since the chat update has noticed.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexidh View Post
    You didn't know about this issue before this thread was started?

If so: wow. First of all, you deleted a thread I made about this same issue earlier today. And everyone that has played the game since the chat update has noticed.
    I don't understand your "wow". The bug was introduced on 23rd Feb, reported here on the forum the next day and the very same day BB_RobinHood "installed it into his database". I'd say that was a pretty quick response as it would take time for it to be confirmed as a bug and not a player error. Then the BB took time to update this thread on the status- again, pretty good.

And you claim you only reported it on the forum today, 10 days after it started? Wow....

World
    Newfoundland
    The point is that BB supposedly has a QA team. T-E-A-M. As in better than 1 blinddeath limbless person who has never used a computer. Yet there are tens of bugs that make it to live many of which happen 100% of the time. This happens despite the said team and the coders themselves and the test server and the bugs being reported. After all that BB claims they have no knowledge of a bug.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 04.03.16 at 09:08.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread