Reply to Thread

Thread: Multi-Trade with other players

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Multi-Trade with other players

This is a feature that could have huge impact on trading with other players via private trading, making it less tedious when several different resources are being traded. Especially with guild members or friends who are in need of several resources, this feature would allow to make multi-trades with one single trade offer, rather than sending multiple trade offers.

Here is a one approach how it could look like:

This version is a rather simple one. It has several select buttons, each of which leading to the resource selection system that we currently have now. I limited the number of selections, but in theory there could be more than 3 different resources selected at the same time. Personally, I think 3/3 is enough, but 4/4, 5/5 or even more could be done as well, depending on how easy it is to code it. After all the resources are selected, it would look like this:

Now the same can be done to select the price the other person has to pay for the selected resources. If one wants to change the selections, the process would be the same as we do it now - simple click on "select" and change type and amount of resource.

Another approach I would prefer is this one:

Instead of having multiple select buttons on the first panel (that just stays the way it is), we got a "plus" icon in the right corner of the resource selection sub-segment. After selecting the first resource one can click on the "plus" and it will allow to select a second resource, looking like this:

And if the player wants to add a third resource:

If you decide that you want different resources traded, e.g. steel instead of bronze, just click on the bronze button (bronze 5000) and change the resource. Accept the offer as soon as you are done and it will take you back to the first panel:

Only problem with this one is, that it actually would be limited to three different resources only, since the space for the resource selection sub-segment is limited. One way to work around this would be to make smaller resource buttons in this sub-segment - or a solution I would prefer - make the entire window bigger so more different resources can fit into the sub-segment (max number 10 or whatever makes sense).

This is actually just another approach for the general trade panel. Instead of having the "end screen" as seen in 1 or 2, a more elegant way would be to make the resources clickable instead of having one button to enter the selection:

Conclusion: I'm not sure if this would violate current trade mechanics or if the code is too difficult or too messed up to actually make this a feature, but imho it would be worth trying it since a multi-trade would make trading less tedious. After all we want to play the game and not waste time with clicking the same buttons several times just to send off 3+ trades to friends

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I've often thought that if multi trades were made available BB would impose a gem cost on it and the only reason it has not been done is it would encourage multi-accounting.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    How would this encourage multi-accounting? Would you mind to elaborate?

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 for suggestion, i totally agree, and big like for the way you show suggestion, I was think about this this will be nice for some cases:
    * You can sell LS for another adv + gc or bean? or like gc + granite.
    * You can trade many building as bundle as for gold or another advanced building.

but there is issue with your suggestion:
    * Its big change, I mean how the multiple trades will show up in trade list, maybe for normal resources will be like row height as building row but what if 3 buildings?
    * How you can filter correctly, and another technical and business issue.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    It's only for private trade (when you click on a name in chat or portrait in friends list and click on "trade"). This suggestion does not affect trades via trade office.

It would be nice to have these options for trade office as well, but as you already stated it is difficult to make this happen visually, but also difficult to adjust search option. Actually, I haven't seen any multi-trading in any online game (or can't remember), since it is quite a challenge to design a user interface that is not overloaded, yet easy to access and filter.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I've often thought that if multi trades were made available BB would impose a gem cost on it and the only reason it has not been done is it would encourage multi-accounting.
    I think the only thing it would encourage is not sending 5-6 trades in a row, but sending only 1 trade.

If your reason for "Multiaccounting" is that you only need to put 1 thing on the other side ... well, 5 fish is not *that* expensive ;-)

Aside from that, I only see this as a way of saving a couple clicks.
    Suggestion is decent, but I'm hella afraid that when BB implements this, it's gonna nuke people's islands again.

Reply to Thread