Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Adventures auto

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SoneVracevGaj View Post
    I like game. This is best strategy game for me buth i dont like so much to play adventures again and again.
    Simple we are diferent people, some of my friends dont use to much or almost nothing trade buth i use trade and i like very much economy in game.
    Someone dont like to play so much adv than buying more buildings for resorces and not so much residence and still thay have right to stay in game. 1 auto adv per day will not be so much.
    have a suggestion for u, become a [Removed]/coder and make your dream true

pls remove the comment if inappropriate, just a joke

Please keep your comments in line with the forum Rules, thank you.
    Last edited by MOD_Houri3; 01.03.16 at 07:19.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    Hmm, at 1000 gems per adventure that might actually be an idea to bring (real) money to BB.
    +1
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    +1
    Lets just assume that BB decides to go ahead with this how would the mechanic work. Well for starters you can forget about blocks. Next what about all those camps we miss out, the safest assumption is BB put them there so in Blitz mode they would get attacked too. Already we are talking more troops than can be found used in any guide.

Next we have the question of which generals to send. As the mechanic will be a black box system we will have no control how the generals will get used in the adventure, this means the only answer is we have to send all our generals. As a black box we have no control what generals get used as suicide generals, this means we have no control how long the adventure can take due to waiting for generals to heal. Worse case here is the adventure times out as it's not completed in time, best case the adventure will take many times longer than normal.

Based on the existence of NCS we can next assume it will be heavy in the losses of the more expensive troops per attack.

In short we will be paying a lot of gems to lose a lot of expensive troops in a manner which prevents one from partaking in loot spots for possibly days on end with a high chance of no loot due to failure to finish the adventure in it's time lime while preventing you from doing adventures for guild quests or event items.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    So it will be just like any other thing sold for gems.

As for the original idea I understood that he wants to pay the troops he lost when he played it manually and get instant loot.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    To my mind this would be just another button I could hit by accident and waste a ton of gems, so a firm -1. Also it would not be cheap so why not just buy a gem building and sell it and buy ls that drop mini quests ?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I first dismissed this idea, since it never occured to me ppl would play this only because of economy and avoid adventures if possible. But I tried to understand the issue and I think while this suggestion is somewhat crazy, the reason is legit.

We really have a grind fest starting at around level 35, where quests get scarce and adventures become more important. At level 40 players do adventures only and this doesn't really stop until hitting high level. It's the only way to get decent XP, but it really is a huge time investment. It is fun for most players, but I can imagine if one rather enjoys trading this can get a really boring and tedious task, leveling up.

Focusing on production instead of military is not the intended way of playing TSO, and while it is somewhat balanced in the early stages of the game it shifts a lot more towards military. There sure are high tier materials that can be produced and sold on TO, however those can only be produced if reached a certain level. And that only works by completing adventure after adventure after adventure.

TSO really lacks an optional, more economy-based approach at higher levels - so this suggestion actually does point this out in one way or another. After giving this some thought, I think it wouldn't hurt at all to think about a solution that does allow to focus more on production chains that do not involve military as much as it does atm.

Here are some ideas that might work out quite well, if the rewards are balanced:

1. Have a quest on a regular basis that gives as much XP as an adventure. Not sure if daily, but weekly would be nice. If it's on a weekly basis one could calculate a XP mean average the quest should give as reward compared to the XP mean average one could earn by doing adventures on a certain level. Then for the actual task, compare it to resource investemt for troops.

Example: a lvl 36 player is doing VTV every two days. One day for troop production, one day for the adv. So per week he can do VTV 3-4 times. The troops needed = certain amount of resources r1. After finishing, he gets total amount of loot = total amount of all resources = r2. Thus, (r2-r1) = profit. Also the player gets a total amount of XP. The weekly economy quest should give the same amount of XP and also take r1 and r2 into account.

After crunching some numbers one can find out how to design the reward for such a quest; shouldn't be that hard. Now the task can be something like "Produce x units of X, y units of Y, and z units of Z" or whatever would be a nice weekly quest. It should be very challenging even for a economy focused player, since it gives lots of XP.

2. Add a weekly quest similar to the current daily trading quests, respectively change the current trading quests; e.g. "trade 100 steel swords for 7 iron ore" - those quests actually are not worth doing since the reward is always worse than the investment. Either add a higher XP reward to those quests or design similar quests like "Trade 10k wheat for a mini quest". This would allow economy focused players to get mini quests on a regular basis without doing FT or without being forced to trade them on TO. Of course it has to be challenging as well, but should be possible to make it balanced.

3. Allow players to convert resources into XP somehow without having to use military at all - similar to stone -> marble converion, etc. It should involve high amounts of different resources, but could be a nice way to level up with focus on non-military production chains only; e.g. "convert 1k marble into 10 XP" or something like that. Conversion duration = 7 days or make it dependend on the amount of XP that the player wants. This mechanic could be limited also by different approaches, for example longer duration = higher the player level, or the more often this feature is used, it costs more and more (like books, only that there is no maximum value so it gets more expensive endlessly).

4. Introduce heavy economy based quests or achievements that give a nice chunk of XP if certain criteria are met, for example no barracks on home island, no weapon production, etc. This would allow a new way to play TSO, either with military or as pacifist economy. Chosing one of two (or several other) paths would be a new challenge and would allow to discover the game from a different perspective. People who really like adventures won't change their strategy, but players who like to have economy only would be quite happy to tear down their weapon production and focus on water or bread

World
    Sandycove
    -1 I think if you're that tired of adventuring, then perhaps the game is no longer for you.

There are more ways to make the game interesting than just "grinding" adventures.

How about sharing losses with newer players to teach them how blocks are done, loot etiquette, bringing them along in the game etc. ?

Find new ways of enjoying doing the adventures; take another look at the coops, create your own guides... There are reasons other than trying to level. How about doing those naff adventures so readily dismissed just to shake it up a bit?
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 02.03.16 at 07:02. Reason: spelling

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    We already have economy based Adventure which reward XP. They be called scenarios.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    We already have economy based Adventure which reward XP. They be called scenarios.
    The first person to level from 32-50 with scenario's will probably go into the Guinness book of records as the oldest person in the world, won't even touch how old they'd be if they got to level 75.

World
    Newfoundland
    Well, there could be economy-based bonus quests like the Panda and Wedding quest, but they would need to be longer than those and as costly to do as adventures and with the same value of rewards - just a different type of cost (not "train 300 Soldiers, donate 300 Longbowmen and 300 Militia" - that'd be a bit rubbish :P) and maybe different rewards. And they should be available in ways other than from adventure loot. (Maybe scenario loot? Rarity search? Merchant? Guild market?) Maybe people who prefer trading and economy could write up a list of ideas for what they'd consider to be interesting/rewarding quests to do.

Reply to Thread