Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: would anyone pay gems for todays limited offers....

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle

More control buttons that nobody wants!

... NOT!

Feedback clearly indicated that most people do not want the "Ranking" control button. Even the one "Colony" button on the main controls is 1 more button than most players use.
    Now, we get a "Limited Offers" (=Worthless Ripoffs) button which we can't hide or move - I bet this was on the VERY VERY VERY top of the "Players really, REALLY are asking for this feature" list?

Could we just have a fullscreen button leading us to a game where developers actually care for what the community is asking for?

Thanks.

[if anyone finds a pinch of sarcasm, leave it where it belongs.]

Alternative:
    If for some kind of reason you don't want to remove it, at least leave Premium (paying) members in peace with this advertisement scheme.
    Pay-to-Play is one thing. But we don't Pay-to-Get-Bombarded-With-Ads.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    These "offers" and some quests in game me me sure that BB have no idea about the game itself and how players play !

As example, quest make Codex in 1 day or less, that need on lvl 5 bookbinder about 16 hours to complete, that if you have all resources required (Tomes, Advanced papers, book fittings) and in some cases A glue !
    Now with such an offer for like this, is really BB know how people play this game?

World
    Sandycove
    I'm having an `optimistic' moment Maybe, just maybe ( or more likely not ) The devs are looking at the merchant prices, and this is the way they can find out what is a good price for these items without losing face, and without them acknowledging to the community that we have a better knowledge base of their game than they do. If this is the case I expect them to keep offering lower and lower gem prices until a ( singular ) player actually clicks a purchase. Then six months later we will get a sneak peak at `A new revamped merchant' and all the new prices will be set at what ever level the `one' player clicked the purchase.
    So thinking ahead, be careful what you click on
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    This is a case of BB showing us that they know the target demographic for this offer, that demographic is not found on our 3 servers. If BB was to target directly that demographic they know we would kick up a stink.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    I agree that the special offers have not appealed to me at all - they are much too high. I presume that some people buy them because they are "on special" which has been shown to make a certain percentage of consumers buy something they normally wouldn't just because they are getting a great deal on it (or so they perceive). But most players are way too shrewd for this and I suspect the purchases are rather low.

The whole method doesn't annoy me as much as some others, but I just ignore the silly offers without much consideration.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    this is much less intrusive than the big old new merchant offers screen that used to block logging in.
    that said i have a big screen, maybe the experience is different on small screens.
    i hope people who buy gems with real life money buy the offers.
    they should change the buttons so that the green tick button is always in the same place.

the general idea of having recurring sales is a good one. once every blue moon something useful might end up on sale.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 01.03.16 at 10:26.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Idc how many offers they do (even if they are mostly pointless and dreadful value). However I *do* care that they spam the live game screen with a non-removable icon advertising this rubbish.
    I wonder if the 'offers' are on screen as some do not see the login page if they come in via Facebook or Steam?? I don't know, just a thought, maybe one of the BB's could tell us?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    This annoys me beyond belief, it's one thing to put an icon on screen for length of an event but quite another to blatantly advertise awful deals nobody wants. You can't even dismiss it, it sits there in the corner like something the dog did on your favourite rug.

Have special offers on tat if you must bb but don't insult our intelligence by taking up screen real estate with garbage.
    +1

Reply to Thread