Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Easter Event 2016 Dev Diary

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    i have seen the game just continue to deteriorate over the past year at a fast rate....to many errors/bad decisions made by BB/devs i am wondering how many players have just given up
    after this new "re-balancing",which i read as "you need to buy gems now", to new players how many will bother to stay i know i would'nt if i was sub 40 lvl.....
    lucky for the veteran players they will get everything and more as always....

World
    Northisle
    Maybe something could have been done for lower level players, unsure what as I do agree that the eggs in loot needed balancing. Lets not forget Easter 2015 no player had more then 2 mma going into the event, now players have many mma you can see why Iotp,wots and others simply had to be lowered.

Its been mentioned previously that the number of mma should maybe have been limited as this is a huge factor of the current imbalanced problems between new and older players.

It simply need to be addressed by bb or they will totally need to rethink the mechanics of future events,

That said and as a higher level player Im looking forward to the event, for my level it seems fair and some decent stuff plus i will be using trade for any additional eggs I may need although due to the massive amounts of ingame grout now available to us I wont be needing to worry about extra eggs for grout.
    Last edited by Dappadon; 02.03.16 at 15:27.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm really looking forward to the `party crashers' idea, as I suggested something similar a very long time ago, and its a better use of existing game mechanics than the golem killing ( although I still like killing golems providing the next time they look at the resources used at the top level ) I just hope as its new it works as intended
    Egg drops on adventures, hmm, well it seems they did listen to us about getting ` zero' on explorer searches so that's something. I wonder if, given the overall drop ( balancing ) of eggs per adventure, if a minimum here as well wouldn't of been out of place.
    The last couple of events, have proved more generous than the forum predicted in the run up, well at least for me. So I'm going to keep my powder dry on this aspect for now. I do believe the others though when they say its getting a little unfair to the newer/low level players. So I do wonder if some form of level multiplier ought to be considered for events to level the playing field.
    As for being another BK fest, this is just one more reason for the devs to take a long hard look at improving the general balance of the loot/troop loss balance of the less popular adventures ( get them up to the standard of BK, rather than nerf BK ) I would love to do a wider variety of addys, but like many I will not do them because of silly loot or losses...and that includes event resources.
    I don't understand the lack of floating residences either and what they have replaced them with, maybe they are saving them for the football event, or maybe its just another miscalculation of what players want/need.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    Maybe something could have been done for lower level players, unsure what as I do agree that the eggs in loot needed balancing. Lets not forget Easter 2015 no player had more then 2 mma going into the event, now players have many mma you can see why Iotp,wots and others simply had to be lowered.
    Seriously? Lowering drops 2-3 times for most and 5-7 times for iotp because some of the players have 1 or 2 more mma? Maybe 10-20% would have been justified.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

Its been mentioned previously that the number of mma should maybe have been limited as this is a huge factor of the current imbalanced problems between new and older players.

It simply need to be addressed by bb or they will totally need to rethink the mechanics of future events,

That said and as a higher level player Im looking forward to the event, for my level it seems fair and some decent stuff plus i will be using trade for any additional eggs I may need although due to the massive amounts of ingame grout now available to us I wont be needing to worry about extra eggs for grout.
    I really dont get why it is so important what other players have or dont have. Why not just enjoy the game and what you have. We dont have other rankings than the pvp - and not many look at that when they drop by accident. So forget what others might have that you dont have and have fun with what you do have

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I really dont get why it is so important what other players have or dont have. Why not just enjoy the game and what you have. We dont have other rankings than the pvp - and not many look at that when they drop by accident. So forget what others might have that you dont have and have fun with what you do have
    +1 Urd123. So much comparing and complaining and feelings of "I should have more and it should be easier for me". Just play or don't play. MMA price too high? Don't buy it. Wonderful thing freedom....

I don't feel like I deserve to earn all possible rewards and I don't feel like I deserve any large reward without effort. I'll do the best I can, prioritize my desires, and get what I can.

Therefore I will have fun during the event. Apparently others are so unhappy with it they won't have fun. Pity...
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

Have to agree with you here the continual re-balancing of events because high levels have so many explorers or so many MMA is adversely affecting new or low level players, along with the removal of certain adventures. Now that Iotp has been nerfed into the floor why not put it back in the merchant, that was a lovely adventure for low levels to do with 5 tavern generals, now that it doesn't drop anything spectacular I can't see high levels doing it.

World
    Sandycove
    what people continually forget is how long it took higher levels to get there, and that we were once in the same boat. Newer players have so much more help from veterans these days; many benefit from both that generosity and experience.

I think the emphasis is currently too much on "oh how will they cope", when it should be more suck it and see. Trade office is there, adventures are there, scouts are there.... all for the taking of eggs.

And hell yeah, the merchant is there, if you want it that badly, spend some hard cash and buy some gems to get what you want, like I and many others have previously done.

Im kind of sick of all the namby-pambying; get on with it and if you dont manage it this year, then the incentive is there to level up and get it next event...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    what people continually forget is how long it took higher levels to get there, and that we were once in the same boat. Newer players have so much more help from veterans these days; many benefit from both that generosity and experience.

I think the emphasis is currently too much on "oh how will they cope", when it should be more suck it and see. Trade office is there, adventures are there, scouts are there.... all for the taking of eggs.

And hell yeah, the merchant is there, if you want it that badly, spend some hard cash and buy some gems to get what you want, like I and many others have previously done.

Im kind of sick of all the namby-pambying; get on with it and if you dont manage it this year, then the incentive is there to level up and get it next event...
    + 100!!!!

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    So, just to get this straight:
    A seasoned player like us has 4 MMA's and 20+ Explorers, and we set the balance. So, a new player won't get an MMA and another explorer.
    So, we get the 5th MMA and another Explorer for next year, and we set the balance. So, the player who did *not* get an MMA and explorer is still stuck with 0 MMA and 3 Explorers ... and has to compete against an *even higher* balance.

That's your idea?

Reply to Thread