Reply to Thread

Thread: Test server 'improvements'

World
    Newfoundland

Question Test server 'improvements'

Great news everybody! The much asked adventure re-balance is here!

Adventure: Rearanged the camps in "secluded Experiments" to ensure the player has to defeat other camps before the boss

Adventure: The bosses in the "Northern" adventures do not have an aggression zone anymore

Have not played Northern adv for a long time. Am i wrong when saying that the change wont be too bad? I mean the round blocks and timing will still work or am i missing something obvious?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post

Have not played Northern adv for a long time. Am i wrong when saying that the change wont be too bad? I mean the round blocks and timing will still work or am i missing something obvious?
    This is not an adventure high on the to do list of many players.
    I do it now and then, if it gets harder and my loss of troops higher my guess is it will be put in the pile together with Wild Mary and Victor the Vicious.
    That is the pile with adventures I tried but will never do again unless the loot is changed quite a bit.
    SE is in the pile with adventures ypu do when you want a challenge and have forgotten all about the 200 cannon you lost last time, so yes this is bad news

Again I dont get it. Why use time on effort on something like this when there is and endless list of really annoying stuff waiting to be fixed. This might just be what is needed for one more adventure to go in the useless junk pile. And that is a shame as time and effort have been used in making it, and the other adventure no one ever bother to do more than once.
    Last edited by Urd123; 07.03.16 at 21:10.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Northen advs are Nords, Surprise attack and Invasion of the Nords. With Nords this may mean the attack on the 3rd leader camp may need rejigging, the Final leader is now a lot harder as all the surrounding camps will agro thus meaning a major rework is called for.

don't know what the impact will be on SA & Iotn
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 07.03.16 at 21:38. Reason: fixed typo's
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post

Coincidental how two potentially low loss adventures are being re-balanced, which will probably equate to more losses. Certainly on nords it will if you do not block, the last leader will require you take out all the camps around it or start blocking them.

All part of the greater process of making it harder to reach level 56, I honestly don't think the northern adventures were priority number1 in the re-working of adventures.

Any changes made can only make either adventure less worthy of playing and probably means by and large that almost all adventures brought back from searches are now pointless.

As for making SE anymore difficult than it already is is just laughable it was just enjoying a little bit of a resurgence amongst a small minority of players and you choose now to crush this.

For those not to fussed about this thinking it doesn't affect me I should think again this is probably a precursor to the abolition of loot run adventures, won't be very long before RB requires a full clear.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 08.03.16 at 01:49.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    For Nords, that will (probably) make the adventure completely unrewarding in terms of Loot vs. Loss, making their flafship "maybe even 'The Nords' " adventure which they always try to sell as the most desirable adventure about as unattractive as Sons of the Veld.

As I said on another thread, "If it's good on test, it will be worse on live - if it's bad on test, it will be worse on live".

BB is always looking for new ways to upset the player base.
    This time, however, they have failed because high level player don't even care about the "Northern" adventures with Ali Baba any more - and low level players will look at adventure guides and simply conclude, "Meh".

All they accomplish is make more dead content.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    As for making SE anymore difficult than it already is is just laughable it was just enjoying a little bit of a resurgence amongst a small minority of players and you choose now to crush this.
    This! Of any adventure they chose to re-jig, why on earth touch this one? The losses are already in line with the loot! There are many other more worthy candidates that need looking at, Wild Mary, Gunpowder... and not in the terms of making them harder, but making those more playable.

Mein Gott, did the Grinch set himself up in your dev department at Xmas???

BB please rethink before touching this adventure as you are steadily pushing TSO fans to the brink with all this unnecessary meddling

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    its not such a bad thing, nords and SA are and have always been xp not loot addys, and with prem they should be made harder
    we all say levling is to easy
    good on ya BB keeping game as it once was hard to level ect

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    I tested Nords on testserver - with MMA and Major - wiki-guide - only difference is that leader in sector 1 has to be attacked directly, when attacking leader in sector 3 you will loose 0-3 militia extra - and last leader can be taken without extra loss by using 1 block and 1 extra cavalry attack.

Reply to Thread