Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Party Crashers

Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.
    World
    Northisle

Party Crashers

Like I already said during Halloween I really think it’s a bad idea to include destroying something on other islands into achievements. There are lots of people just randomly destroying those party crasher camps and messing up swaps you might have arranged already. Causes a lot of discussions and anger.

Ever since that kind of achievements was introduced I had at least one incident because some ppl think they need to complete the achievement on the first day or they just don’t know it better because nobody taught them any manners. And no, I don’t have hundreds of names on my friendslist.

Therefore I’d really be grateful if those achievements got either removed or people needing some kind of invite to be able to destroy my golem, party crashers or whatever. (And because my guild mates are so scared: I promise I won’t hunt anyone with (non-stick) frying pans if they disagree with me )
    Last edited by Peccatora; 15.03.16 at 22:05.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I strongly disagree with you Miss Peccatora.

I think that the main problem of yours is concept of swaping.

Because at the moment most of the foolish people swaps their and cause chaos and problems. What if you were normaly playing and every time your camp is respawned you said on guild chat if someone could do it. And if you really needed it then you could ask on guild chat(in some cases other channels and maybe meet new friends) and someone would answer to you "My camp will espawn in 2 minutes.".

Due to this swaping nature most of the players pair up and change this whole concept of participating in events together and finding new friends into anger and sadness. Remember that those events are constructed so you produce more camps than people need to complete achievments.

So I just recommend you making yourself some tea(and cake if you have one), turn some nice music, relax and just chill, if you don't kill crashers today you may still do it tomorrow.

PS. I also don't like delayed swaped adventures(because it's creation of devil).
    Last edited by Szaryx; 15.03.16 at 22:31.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Szaryx View Post
    I strongly disagree with you Miss Peccatora.
    And I'm sorry, but I disagree with you.

I've already had random "friends" scanning my island looking for party crashers (fortunately I have already gotten mine) and I know others that have had theirs taken out without any communication. I think some people are loading up on the components and then going through everyone on their friends list and taking whatever action they see fit.

My wife and I will naturally be doing each other's islands for the party crashers and we don't appreciate people not even asking us if it's ok. Therefore, our friends list is now much much shorter.

During Halloween both players got an adventure tick if you destroyed someone's golem. Unfortunately this event doesn't work that way - and I think it should. Then there would be no conflicts.
    Last edited by Xibor; 15.03.16 at 23:53.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Far as I'm concerned it's not just a reportable offence but possibly a criminal act depending on the laws of your country.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Far as I'm concerned it's not just a reportable offence but possibly a criminal act depending on the laws of your country.
    I am not student of law, but as far as I know it's not a criminal act in United Kingdom.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    durign halloween if a non guild 'friend came in and hit my golem without communicating - they got unfriended as well as a mail tellign them why .
    we are doing the truce on each others crashers in guild to help each other and as always it is communication that is the key to it all .

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Where exactly is the criminal offence ?

World
    Newfoundland
    Lol. You cannot take out someone elses party crashers! Only you can click the quest complete. So if you are looking for someone to blame look at yourself.
    perfect solution imo. well done BB!
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Lol. You cannot take out someone elses party crashers! Only you can click the quest complete. So if you are looking for someone to blame look at yourself.
    perfect solution imo. well done BB!
    While that's true it still messes up a swap I might have arranged already. If someone buffs my party crasher garrison I can't offer it to someone else for swaps anymore. I've heard of a bug that allows people to apply lots of buffs as long as the other person doesn't click complete, but in my case that didn't work. I was able to apply 10 buffs, but only the 4 I was supposed to do were counted for the achievement and the rest went back to my star after refreshing. So you can only use a limited amount of truce offers on each camp.

World
    Sandycove
    Actually I dropped all 25 on a single camp, boom achievement complete.

Reply to Thread