Reply to Thread

Thread: Difficult subject!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

Difficult subject!

HI

I am registered partially sighted and find extremely difficult to find all the collectables which is fair enough considering my condition even with enlargement software it can still be an issue but thats not the problem i find that the easy ones to find are exactly that, easy. however even when i use a buff to highlight collectables either on home map or adv they still dont highlight that well, i propose a beam of light out of the top, after buff, of course. It would make the buff worth a wee bit more and cater to the partially sighted settlers out there, just an equality friendly suggestion

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I struggle to see them even with the buff also, a beam of light or a bigger symbol when the buff is used would be good. A different colour to the generals shield also.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm not having any trouble finding them myself, and I don't use the buff unless it's an unusual circumstance. Some things I've done to help: I've made notes of all the 'tricky' places (Mayor's house, improved storehouse, one place they like to hide in the rocks near a marble mine, behind the schools, etc.). I specifically check those locations first.
    Then I also place decorations in places where they appear behind trees so they can't do that again. After some time, almost all of them appear in the open. And there's nothing you can ever do about a kettle right up against a brown building - really hard to pick those up.

That being said, I completely agree that if the buff is used it should be much more clear. A larger different colored flag for example so it doesn't blend in with sleeping buildings and generals. Red would be good I think.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    i also struggle even with the buffs - I like the idea of a larger red flag

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I have already asked for different colour flag for collectibles in an earlier posting. 100% agree

World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe instead of a flag, there could be a downward arrow, bit like the upgrade arrow just in the other direction, and maybe a more distinctive colour, like canary yellow or even a colour you could set in the general settings.

Reply to Thread