Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The ''not'' dead general

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

The ''not'' dead general

This started sometime ago and it only happened on SA but of late it's starting to happen a lot more frequently and in any adventure, it only happens with blocking generals which I know isn't a supported feature but I'll report it anyway.

When the block has finished the generals return home and sometimes they appear to be dead but they are not, they still have a full complement of troops, if you leave the adventure and come back the general is ok. This isn't limited to my PC as my wife gets it sometimes as well. Does anyone else ?

World
    Sandycove
    yes, and have had this for quite some time. Can happen on any adventure too.

No real biggie other than a minor heart stopper on a big block. BB won't do much about it Im guessing, as blocking other than PVP is not supported.

Just be grateful all is well eventually...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Had it happen to me two days ago on just one BK while using Mods to block, succeeding BK's were not affected.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    I see it most often (almost predictably) on Surprise Attack, the 3-way block near the end, one of the generals always comes back "dead". Leaving and returning corrects it. Same general every time. It does scare you the first few times, but now I'm used to that one.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    This does go back a ways: Fake recovering general but age doesn't always smooth edges.

I have a vague flitting memory of it becoming more common, though still not very common across Advs, after this March 2015 thing was fixed (bug thread from the North American forum): Fully loaded general put on recovery cooldown

World
    Newfoundland
    it started with the update that introduced the icons..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Sandycove
    btw, my comment about BB not supporting blocks.... A guildie found this in BBs help archive, so I guess their old generic excuse no longer applies.....

http://prntscr.com/ai3zee

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    it started with the update that introduced the icons..
    A version of it may go back even further, but it got worse at some point. That could well be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    btw, my comment about BB not supporting blocks.... A guildie found this in BBs help archive, so I guess their old generic excuse no longer applies.....

http://prntscr.com/ai3zee
    Hey jolly, might scroll to the bottom of that window. There's a disclaimer.

World
    Sandycove
    the disclaimer, IMO means nothing then Io

They have in their help channel advice about how to avoid camps - that means they DO condone it. All that is saying is that they cannot guarantee wrong set ups wil work.

If a known set up works (as in the guides) and then those suddenly fail for reasons caused by BBs changes, then those failures and losses are BBs issue.

Well, thats my opinion at least
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 21.03.16 at 17:04.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    This particular bug has returned.

If I recall correctly this bug disappeared at the end of last years Easter event, that it has returned now leads me to suspect the bug is somewhere in the Easter code.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 04.04.17 at 20:41.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread