Reply to Thread

Thread: Inappropriate Ticker Closure

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland

Inappropriate Ticker Closure

Here's a thought.......

When we raise a ticket and BB responds asking for more information can I suggest BB doesn't close the ticket as resolved. It obviously isn't closed or BB wouldn't have asked for more information and the ticket is automatically closed anyway if we don't respond in 48 hours.

Doing the above may get ticket closure rates up but it also alienates your community.

Thank you for listening!

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Yeh, "read your email every day or we close your ticket".
    It's the problem by measuring Customer Service based on SLA's, not based on customer satisfaction.

Comes back to the question: What is more important - serving your internal processes, or happy customers?

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sharpielein - It wasnt that they closed it as I hadnt responded within the 2 days auto closure period. My issue was they responded to my ticket by asking questions and then instead of awaiting my response they closed the ticket. I responded within an hour of their email response and received the auto generated email telling me the ticket I was responding to was already closed......

An Update:

Ticket successfully resolved. I sent a new ticket - referencing my original ticket raised and answering the additional questions that BB raised - I received 2 further updates to support satisfactory resolution along with an apology for the closure which was recognised as a mistake. Good on you BB for the helpful and speedy response.

Reply to Thread