Reply to Thread

Thread: Bug with Drill Sergeant Skunk buff

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Bug with Drill Sergeant Skunk buff

Yesterday I my barracks production time was telling me I had 1.7 days worth of troops queued with about 3 hours of a Drill Sergeant remaining only for it to drop to 10 hours when a new buff was applied on the old one expiring. Today I've just run out the final couple of hours of a Drill Sergeant buff where the barracks was reporting 15 hours of production remaining and it's now reporting 11 hours 45 minutes remaining without having applied a new buff. It seems the effect of the buff is being lost at least three hours before it expires, possibly more.

I logged out and even closed the browser a couple of times on both occasions, but it had effect on the problem.
    Last edited by MrLecti; 03.04.16 at 01:02.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Its 1 from 2 options for what happened to you, 1. wrong calculation, 2. you got that issue : http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-for-full-term.

The lost buff happening so much these days, 10 months and BB have done nothing to fix this issue, but to make it happens more frequency .

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Could well be number 2...the timer is showing the unbuffed production time with the buff applied not so sure about number one... Interesting to note people saying their buffs last to the second as what makes it all the more insidious is the fact that you think the buff is still active, still shows as being applied, sparkly lights etc, but you are not getting the effect.

God knows how many times it's happened and I've just not noticed. I would be willing to bet there are quite a few instances out there where people just haven't noticed their buffs aren't working.
    Last edited by MrLecti; 03.04.16 at 08:07.

World
    Northisle
    The barracks reports the time left with and without the buff combined.

Lets say you have 2d in the barracks queue and you use a Drill Sargent. After that the barracks will report you have 24h left (first 12h with buff and another 12h without). After the Drill Sargent has run out you'll still have 12h left in the barracks.

If you had 15h with Drill Sargent with few hours left and after it expired you have 11h 45min left. Was there 3h 15min left on the Drill Sargent?
    Last edited by Durin_d; 03.04.16 at 08:39.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    The Barracks tells you when you troops will be completed when you mouse over the last item in the queue, if it says "Your troops will be completed in 9 hours" and you apply a Drill Sergeant it will change to "Your troops will be completed in 3 hours". If the buff runs out half way through the 3 hours it will change from saying 1.5 hours left back to 4.5 hours left.

Mine said "Your troops will be completed in 15 hours", I waited 3 hours 15 minutes for the buff to run out, went back to apply a new buff and noticed, before applying it, that it still said "Your troops will be completed in 11 hours 45 minutes". I checked because I had noticed the problem the day before when it was the other way around, telling me I had 1.7d left while buffed only to drop to 10 hours when I rebuffed a couple of hours latter, and wanted to see if it was a one off thing.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLecti View Post
    Mine said "Your troops will be completed in 15 hours", I waited 3 hours 15 minutes for the buff to run out, went back to apply a new buff and noticed, before applying it, that it still said "Your troops will be completed in 11 hours 45 minutes".
    That's correct with the buff you had 15h left and when the buff ended after 3h 15min you had 11h 45min left. 11h 45min + 3h 15min equals 15h.

If the buff ends before the queue is ready the production time of the troops after the buff ends show the time for unbuffed production.

I checked because I had noticed the problem the day before when it was the other way around, telling me I had 1.7d left while buffed only to drop to 10 hours when I rebuffed a couple of hours latter, and wanted to see if it was a one off thing.
    1,7d ~ 1d 17h with buff (11h buffed + 1d 6h unbuffed) and after the buff ended you had 1d 6h (30h) left and when you buffed again it became 10h
    Last edited by Durin_d; 03.04.16 at 09:42.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Okay interesting, could have sworn that previously it had always shown the completion time as though the buff lasted for however long I had troops building and only reverted to the unbuffed completion time once the buff had ran out. But what you're saying does make sense...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Okay interesting, could have sworn that previously it had always shown the completion time as though the buff lasted for however long I had troops building and only reverted to the unbuffed completion time once the buff had ran out. But what you're saying does make sense...
    That used to be the case, it was changed a while back to show both buffed and unbuffed times if you had more troops queued than the length of the buff.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    That used to be the case, it was changed a while back to show both buffed and unbuffed times if you had more troops queued than the length of the buff.
    Clearly someones not being paying attention...

Reply to Thread