Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 13/04/2016

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    "Adventure: Camps in More Secluded Experiments have been rearranged for extra challenge."

how about making the drop rate of follow up adventures 5-10 times higher so people can actually enjoy those challenges? the follow up adventures are ridiculously rare now, new players are having serious trouble finding only the 2 they need for main quest.
    Im pretty sure I have only got one in loot since the loot change 1.5 years ago..
    ^+1 to that!
    I was lucky enough to compensate with TO for the lack of drop to do my main quest but not everybody can! stop being so greedy BB!!

and what this means btw?

"Adventure: Defence areas are removed for boss camps on The Nords,..."
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Orowa
    It was possible to fight the bosses without fighting the enemies guarding them, which was not intended and got fixed.
    So we now have to kill all 4 camps before the leader "as intended" and can't block them?
    Why do BB thought this was such an urgent fix? saving few militia was such a big deal for BB? nothing better to do?
    I really would like to understand what is going on into the head of those who take such decisions (same as when you guys ruined Roaring Bull adventure!)
    Whatever....

Adventure: Landing spots for generals are adjusted for Invasion of the Nords,..
    Shall we expect another "Roaring Bull failure effect" here too?

Maybe BB is failing in noticing that you don't attract more customer by making adv more hard but by compensating the lack of adv for the medium level player who once reached level 36 (if lucky!) abandon the game for lack of doable adventure who don't require killing thousand of troops and days. Not every player spend 24/7 in front of this game BB!!
    Ruining the only adventure (Nords) who is actually quick to do and wiht not an exagerate lost of troops is not the solution to the above problem but just make it worst!
    Whoever take such decisions must have never heard of the words "customer satisfaction" or "customer retention".
    Last edited by Sir_Galavant; 06.04.16 at 10:49.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Hehe, Nords and Surprise Attack give a generous amount of xp for troops lost so its just another way to stop players progressing too quickly thru the game. With loots, follow on adv and building drops being changed in recent times, I fear the worse for the future.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    TO: Repeating the same trade now works as intended

What does that mean? Have I been missing a repeat trade feature all this time?
    Under very specific conditions, a looping mail with the trade request appears when the same trade is sent more than once between the same players. This will not happen any more.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I get the impression someone is tidying up before they leave, tying up all the lose ends that have bugged them for four years. No one would of put any of the changes made to Nords, SA or SE in their agenda as a priority. Why isn't the person concerned concentrating on developing new content, especially as the Arabian nights are in no way balanced or particularly appealing apart from XP. They are tediously boring once you get past the thief adventures, they lose loads of troops for very minimal loot returns and they have a very small chance of a building dropping.

World
    Sandycove
    Maybe its the effect of a good event, but could this `tidying up' show that the team involved is actually taking an interest in the game and repairing the `foundations'?
    One of the major failings of the past has clearly been the piling up of new content/code on a very bugged base, which leads to `un intended ' bugs requiring fast fixes with even more un intended consequences.
    Yes there are parts of the game that the player base are, and have been crying out for a very long time, that would make the game more attractive to play ( Addy loot rebalancing being one of them ). But I think although the fixes are presently going in the opposite direction by making things work as they were originally intended, and therefore `now' less attractive to do them. It might be the case that the team once getting the addy's working as intended, will be better placed to make the loot adjustments and rewards to meet the `proper level of challenge'. Had they rebalanced the loot and then done these fixes, I think the community would have called foul, as it would have certainly looked liked a negative rebalancing again.
    There are a lot of fixes in this update, if they all work as intended with no negative un intended consequences, I will be feeling a lot more positive about the game than over the last year, and that the latest team behind TSO should be given some credit for the work they are putting in. As always in an end of year report, the phrase `still could do better' is still current and appropriate, as would paying more attention in class ( to player base and testers ) would improve grades. There is still potential in this game the Devs just have to make it less like work and more like fun, so worth the investment in time and currency from the players. Throw out the models proposed by economists and accountants and get back to good game design and designers who enjoy the games they make and play them, if it means fixing the mess of the past first, so be it.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Adventure: Defence areas are removed for boss camps on The Nords, Invasion of the Nords, Surprise Attacks and Arctic Explosion
    Why !! what the idea about this, please don't do! Actually I do play them rarely lastly, I just play them for daily quests, and I think you will make them so bad to play, and who play "Arctic Explosion" anyway ! don't make things worst pls !!!

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Galavant View Post
    So we now have to kill all 4 camps before the leader "as intended" and can't block them?
    Why do BB thought this was such an urgent fix? saving few militia was such a big deal for BB? nothing better to do?
    I really would like to understand what is going on into the head of those who take such decisions (same as when you guys ruined Roaring Bull adventure!)
    Whatever....
    Urgent fix? it took them years to get it on to-do list because it was low priority. Kinda like the bush removal thing.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    ^+1 to that!

RB not ruined but for real fixed, hey ppl how you garrison inside red area? is not clear that is clear bug?

But yes changes on Nords, SA will ruin them, they are experience adventure with low loots, with level 75 I don't see its worth to change those but just they going to ruin those, Nords specially is the worst adventure if you ask about path for general, I would like to modify the nords adventure make kinf od shortcuts instead of 15 minutes walking just to get a hit for camp for small adventure.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Under very specific conditions, a looping mail with the trade request appears when the same trade is sent more than once between the same players. This will not happen any more.
    Thanks for the clarification BB_Ravel
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    I think you could still block them, but the trick of attacking the leader and only 1 camp needing to be taken out won't work - the others will intercept. But they always should have, and I was always surprised they didn't. While on the one hand I liked that 'hole' in the logic that let me get away with it I'm a fan of consistency and intercept zones should be no exception. If a guarding camp is there it should act like one. (I'm speaking of The Nords, if you are referring to Surprise Attack then I'm not sure what to expect there because blocking should still work so I don't know what change has actually taken place).
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread