Closed Thread

Thread: [New building deed] - 2x3 tiles (Imp.) Farm/Silo

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

[New building deed] - 2x3 tiles (Imp.) Farm/Silo

Function: Optional (like Epic Woodyard), Harvest (like an Imp. Farm) or Refill (like an Imp. Silo) closest (nonfull) Wheat Field
    - perhaps make this a 2-man building with double optional functions, to allow it to be a "self-sufficient farm"
    Upgradeable: Yes, please
    Size: 2x3 tiles (like Friary)

Image from Big list of Suggestion from TSO players
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 15.04.16 at 03:24.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Hmm why not make it a "self-sufficient farm" that provides its own silo and wheatfield?
    That might actually be worth the squares.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    Hmm why not make it a "self-sufficient farm" that provides its own silo and wheatfield?
    That might actually be worth the squares.
    Sure. Giving this building a no-brainer usage might be the way to make it attractive for the masses, but I'd find it boring and non-contributing to the game experience.

Though the ultimate compromise would be a double optional function.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    No thanks, I've just replaced all my farms and silo's for improved ones, I've no wish to replace them again, how about a bakery that has a mill in it?

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1077 View Post
    No thanks, I've just replaced all my farms and silo's for improved ones, I've no wish to replace them again, how about a bakery that has a mill in it?
    +1

In extension of combo buildings:
    How about a Forester with integrated wood cutter, alternating cycles (1x cut, 1x plant)?
    Given Pinewood, Hardwood and Exwood, that's 3 new buildings already.

How about a "military school" similar to Village Schools that churns out Recruits rather than Citizens?
    --> This gives me a funny idea:
    "Side-grading" buildings, i.e. adding new functionality to existing buildings by applying a certain type of buff [potentially purchasable for gems]

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    No thanks, I've just replaced all my farms and silo's for improved ones, I've no wish to replace them again,
    Good for you! I've never think about this as a replacement for the old 2x2 tiles versions, but rather as a compliment to match the increasing need of beer and to make use of the old WM building sites.

how about a bakery that has a mill in it?
    Silly mill.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

How about a Forester with integrated wood cutter, alternating cycles (1x cut, 1x plant)?

How about a "military school" similar to Village Schools that churns out Recruits rather than Citizens?
    "Side-grading" buildings, i.e. adding new functionality to existing buildings by applying a certain type of buff [potentially purchasable for gems]
    Nonsense.
    How about take some time thinking about suggestions that could work in this game without a need of core mechanic reworking..

And keep discussion on topic.
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 21.04.16 at 13:45.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

If the cycle times are the same as the current buildings this would not make any more space available on your island.

Bad idea
    1 Due to production mechanics this could lead to one last cycles worth of recruits being produced with sleeping buildings. This could lead you into the position of not being able to replace all the lost troops from your last adventure.
    2 That's a lot of resources down the drain as you tear down your Bronze sword production chain, this would be a kick in the teeth for everyone who brought Endless copper mines.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thread closed due to the implementation of the Epic Farmyard.

Closed Thread