Reply to Thread

Thread: advance pinewood production

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

advance pinewood production

hey all

I have many pinewood forsters and many cutters, But am having an issue getting production to turn green.

The problem comes when the foresters have to travel miles to do a refill, my foresters production varies by about 9k per 12 hrs due to this.

I am running my islands with all the trees , have tried clearing all trees and it makes it worse,

any idea how to get it balanced?

thanks in advance

World
    Sandycove
    at first, you should try to reduce the travel times as much as you can, see where you have some nice zones with trees and put a storehouse next to a few deposits, then you can start with balancing cutters and foresters. Usually you will need 3 foresters per 2 cutters but there are a few places to make them nearly 1:1 (with a few extra foresters only)

secondly, try monitoring the economic view for trees, you will notice great discrepancies, ie. one minute you might be in plus 1k and other minute you can fall to a few k in minus. The game is unable to calculate tree chains well because your cutters and foresters are going to different deposits (nearest that has trees in it)

Best way to work your way with the tree chains is to write down the number of logs in your storehouse and check it the day after, you will see if it is growing or falling, otherwise there is a great chance you could overbuild either foresters or cutters, and lose many building licences in the process...

Below is an example of sector 2 tree chain that works with 12 foresters and 10 cutters, see if it is of any help:

This one with 12 foresters lvl6/10 cutters lvl6 supports 6xlvl6 coking plants, 2xlvl5 bowmakers, 1xlvl6 simple papermill, 1xlvl3 pinewood sawmill

Happy balancing
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Urgh123; 14.04.16 at 20:07.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    thanks for your time and advice,

I have alot more curtters and foresters than that, and so, i have placed them in sector 2 like yours and sector 7 as well. i think the trouble comes when a forester decides to go to other sector to refill, hence increasing the travel time.

I cant see a way to avoid this, have been trying for a while in the attempt to get the pinewood production to turn green, iIt does most of the time, but does fluctuate between + 8k to -8k.

i do have far too many , probably 25 cutters and 35 foresters, but i make alot of stuff so need the coal, and the coking plants use alot

but i will keep trying

thanks again

World
    Sandycove
    It is a pain at times... if the foresters become aware of a missing tree they will head off even if it means crossing the entire island! So the + or - number changes a lot. If you make sure you are at the appropriate correct ratio (3 pinewood forester levels to 2 pinewood cutter levels) and they are in the same general area you will be ok. One way to know is if you start seeing a lot of stumps in a given area - a good sign that you might want to level up a forester in that location.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread